You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
starfall5000
Full Member
not yet, just anxiously waiting :Ohas anyone that interviewed on 12/09 heard anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should we start a GroupMe?
Besides the Facebook group is there a place for accepted students?🙂
UnsolicitedSlug
Full Member
Rejected just now pre-ii.
duckduck1738
Full Member
Rejected just now pre-ii.
Do you mind sharing your stats?
skelitalmedical
Full Member
Anyone that interviewed mid December hear back yet? Getting really close to that 6 week mark
snowflake2022
New Member
Scholarship received today! Interviewed 12/2.
Scholarship received today! Interviewed 12/2.
Congrats!!!! Through mail or email?
snowflake2022
New Member
It was through email!Congrats!!!! Through mail or email?
No. You’re accepted what’s there to worry about. Anything extra is, well, extraShould I be worried that I haven't received any scholarship if I interviewed back in the summer and got accepted in October?
gabagolddigger
Full Member
Well some of us can not afford $80,000 to attend our top choice 🥲 I’m just hoping for anything even if it’s smallNo. You’re accepted what’s that’s to worry about. Anything extra is, well, extra
I mean, many of us can't. The majority of us will have to take out loans, but what Spidey said still stands-- especially when there are more people who didn't even get in to medical school.Well some of us can not afford $80,000 to attend our top choice 🥲 I’m just hoping for anything even if it’s small
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m coming into OUWB with a net worth of -30,000 and no scholarship. We have to still recognize our privilegeWell some of us can not afford $80,000 to attend our top choice 🥲 I’m just hoping for anything even if it’s small
gabagolddigger
Full Member
I’m coming into OUWB with a net worth of -30,000 and no scholarship. We have to still recognize our privilege
Agreed. I guess I get antsy with things like this. I just know this school is not a wise financial choice for me unless I get a scholarship. I don’t want to get my hopes up and be let down. Thank you for the input.I mean, many of us can't. The majority of us will have to take out loans, but what Spidey said still stands-- especially when there are more people who didn't even get in to medical school.
starfall5000
Full Member
does anyone know when we should reach out to OUWB if we haven't heard back after our interview? It was 6 weeks yesterday, and I've heard nothing. slightly freaking out 🙁
Listen at the beginning of this cycle you would have done almost anything to be accepted here, scholarship or not. So don’t worry if it comes or not! Just be content and happy 🙂Agreed. I guess I get antsy with things like this. I just know this school is not a wise financial choice for me unless I get a scholarship. I don’t want to get my hopes up and be let down. Thank you for the input.
Nah, we can exist with multiple truths. We can be ecstatic about getting in while dealing with the anxiety of a future being a quarter million dollars in debt. Especially because we don’t know anyone’s plans post graduation (having kids, taking care of your parents, etc) or what they are coming in with (again, kids, other dependents). We gotta be more nuanced than this. yes, other people would love the chance to have this problem, but it’s still a problem…Listen at the beginning of this cycle you would have done almost anything to be accepted here, scholarship or not. So don’t worry if it comes or not! Just be content and happy 🙂
does anyone know when we should reach out to OUWB if we haven't heard back after our interview? It was 6 weeks yesterday, and I've heard nothing. slightly freaking out 🙁
i heard adcoms meet on the first wednesday of every month. i don’t know how true that is but i would wait until the end of next week tbh also keep in mind that there was a holiday break!!
II OOS Complete 7/19 LM 72
starfall5000
Full Member
thank you!!i heard adcoms meet on the first wednesday of every month. i don’t know how true that is but i would wait until the end of next week tbh also keep in mind that there was a holiday break!!
Anyone else complete since summer/late summer sitting in silence?
Pre-II R just now
+1Pre-II R just now
Pre-II R just now. Good luck everyone else!
Complete dates for those who got Pre-II R? Still silence on my end…
thegoodfuturedoctor
Full Member
Adding to the pre-II Rs, kinda expected it atp lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. No word from here since completing the secondary. Also sent an update letter on 11/20.Complete dates for those who got Pre-II R? Still silence on my end…
+1Pre-II R just now. Good luck everyone else!
Although the Thunder are currently 3 games below 0.500, seeing that you have an A this cycle is absolutely incredible. Keep up the great work and I hope that more good news will come around soon for you! Also, please don’t let SGA leave the team+1 on both counts
skelitalmedical
Full Member
Post II R through email on Wednesday morning. Can’t say I’m shocked as I didn’t take the preVIEW, but I’m a little surprised because I thought my interview went really well.
ThungusAmungus
Full Member
Has anybody been accepted without preVIEW?
I was and a few others on here have been!Has anybody been accepted without preVIEW?
snowflake2022
New Member
I was also accepted without itHas anybody been accepted without preVIEW?
Moonlight001
Full Member
How long did it take to hear back after your interview? If you got accepted, did they call or email?
Is no news still good news, or should I pack it in from this thread? It’s been dead silent since my initial submission.
becomingdrk
Full Member
+1Is no news still good news, or should I pack it in from this thread? It’s been dead silent since my initial submission.
it is considering there was a pre ii R wave that u missed recently
I interviewed on 10/28 and received the acceptance call on 12/7 followed by an email. I got accepted after the initial wave of acceptance for my interview date so don't lose hope.How long did it take to hear back after your interview? If you got accepted, did they call or email?
Moonlight001
Full Member
Thank you! It's been 3 weeks since I interviewed so not too long ago but I'm just curious, hope I hear back soon tho 🙁I interviewed on 10/28 and received the acceptance call on 12/7 followed by an email. I got accepted after the initial wave of acceptance for my interview date so don't lose hope.
Got the call couple of days ago—interviewed in mid-December.
ESS9892
New Member
Does anyone know/has anyone heard about what OUWB will be providing admitted students? Shirts/iPad/backpacks/whatever? I’m trying to plan a head and get some stuff for medical school. Trying to avoid getting something they will be providing! Probably a better idea to just wait, but still wondering if anyone knew anything for sure. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know my they get iPads with its pencilDoes anyone know/has anyone heard about what OUWB will be providing admitted students? Shirts/iPad/backpacks/whatever? I’m trying to plan a head and get some stuff for medical school. Trying to avoid getting something they will be providing! Probably a better idea to just wait, but still wondering if anyone knew anything for sure. Thanks!
bakersdozen13
Full Member
Does anyone know/has anyone heard about what OUWB will be providing admitted students? Shirts/iPad/backpacks/whatever? I’m trying to plan a head and get some stuff for medical school. Trying to avoid getting something they will be providing! Probably a better idea to just wait, but still wondering if anyone knew anything for sure. Thanks!
I know they give students an iPad + Apple pencil, MacBook Air, and backpack. Not sure what else!
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
does anyone know when the last interviews are? i'm really hoping for one here, this is my top choice
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
i'm sorry about that, but congrats on your MD acceptance!! you're going to be a great future doc!Late to the game, but pre-II R on Thursday. Complete 8/26