2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do they stop sending interview invites?
Last reported II on Sdn was on Feb 28, followed by a massive pre II R wave in early March.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone that interviewed on 12/09 heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Besides the Facebook group is there a place for accepted students?:)

I just made a GroupMe! Excited to get to know y’all!
You're invited to my new group 'OUWB Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

• Love
Anyone that interviewed mid December hear back yet? Getting really close to that 6 week mark

Should I be worried that I haven't received any scholarship if I interviewed back in the summer and got accepted in October?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I be worried that I haven't received any scholarship if I interviewed back in the summer and got accepted in October?
No. You’re accepted what’s there to worry about. Anything extra is, well, extra

Reactions: 3 users
No. You’re accepted what’s that’s to worry about. Anything extra is, well, extra
Well some of us can not afford $80,000 to attend our top choice 🥲 I’m just hoping for anything even if it’s small

Reactions: 1 users
Well some of us can not afford $80,000 to attend our top choice 🥲 I’m just hoping for anything even if it’s small
I mean, many of us can't. The majority of us will have to take out loans, but what Spidey said still stands-- especially when there are more people who didn't even get in to medical school.

Reactions: 5 users
I’m coming into OUWB with a net worth of -30,000 and no scholarship. We have to still recognize our privilege

Reactions: 4 users
I’m coming into OUWB with a net worth of -30,000 and no scholarship. We have to still recognize our privilege
I mean, many of us can't. The majority of us will have to take out loans, but what Spidey said still stands-- especially when there are more people who didn't even get in to medical school.
Agreed. I guess I get antsy with things like this. I just know this school is not a wise financial choice for me unless I get a scholarship. I don’t want to get my hopes up and be let down. Thank you for the input.

does anyone know when we should reach out to OUWB if we haven't heard back after our interview? It was 6 weeks yesterday, and I've heard nothing. slightly freaking out :(

Agreed. I guess I get antsy with things like this. I just know this school is not a wise financial choice for me unless I get a scholarship. I don’t want to get my hopes up and be let down. Thank you for the input.
Listen at the beginning of this cycle you would have done almost anything to be accepted here, scholarship or not. So don’t worry if it comes or not! Just be content and happy :)

Reactions: 8 users
Listen at the beginning of this cycle you would have done almost anything to be accepted here, scholarship or not. So don’t worry if it comes or not! Just be content and happy :)
Nah, we can exist with multiple truths. We can be ecstatic about getting in while dealing with the anxiety of a future being a quarter million dollars in debt. Especially because we don’t know anyone’s plans post graduation (having kids, taking care of your parents, etc) or what they are coming in with (again, kids, other dependents). We gotta be more nuanced than this. yes, other people would love the chance to have this problem, but it’s still a problem…

Reactions: 11 users
does anyone know when we should reach out to OUWB if we haven't heard back after our interview? It was 6 weeks yesterday, and I've heard nothing. slightly freaking out :(

i heard adcoms meet on the first wednesday of every month. i don’t know how true that is but i would wait until the end of next week tbh also keep in mind that there was a holiday break!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Are there any current OUWB students I can connect with on here? Thanks :)

Anyone else complete since summer/late summer sitting in silence?

Reactions: 15 users
Complete dates for those who got Pre-II R? Still silence on my end…

+1 on both counts
Although the Thunder are currently 3 games below 0.500, seeing that you have an A this cycle is absolutely incredible. Keep up the great work and I hope that more good news will come around soon for you! Also, please don’t let SGA leave the team

Post II R through email on Wednesday morning. Can’t say I’m shocked as I didn’t take the preVIEW, but I’m a little surprised because I thought my interview went really well.

How long did it take to hear back after your interview? If you got accepted, did they call or email?

Is no news still good news, or should I pack it in from this thread? It’s been dead silent since my initial submission.

How long did it take to hear back after your interview? If you got accepted, did they call or email?
I interviewed on 10/28 and received the acceptance call on 12/7 followed by an email. I got accepted after the initial wave of acceptance for my interview date so don't lose hope.

I interviewed on 10/28 and received the acceptance call on 12/7 followed by an email. I got accepted after the initial wave of acceptance for my interview date so don't lose hope.
Thank you! It's been 3 weeks since I interviewed so not too long ago but I'm just curious, hope I hear back soon tho :(

Got the call couple of days ago—interviewed in mid-December.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know/has anyone heard about what OUWB will be providing admitted students? Shirts/iPad/backpacks/whatever? I’m trying to plan a head and get some stuff for medical school. Trying to avoid getting something they will be providing! Probably a better idea to just wait, but still wondering if anyone knew anything for sure. Thanks!

Does anyone know/has anyone heard about what OUWB will be providing admitted students? Shirts/iPad/backpacks/whatever? I’m trying to plan a head and get some stuff for medical school. Trying to avoid getting something they will be providing! Probably a better idea to just wait, but still wondering if anyone knew anything for sure. Thanks!
I know my they get iPads with its pencil

I know they give students an iPad + Apple pencil, MacBook Air, and backpack. Not sure what else!

does anyone know when the last interviews are? i'm really hoping for one here, this is my top choice

Late to the game, but pre-II R on Thursday. Complete 8/26

• Care