Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my II on 10/10 and all the dates available were in November - no dates were available in December or beyondWould people mind sharing the latest month the interviews have been scheduled for already?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got my II on 10/10 and all the dates available were in November - no dates were available in December or beyondWould people mind sharing the latest month the interviews have been scheduled for already?
MSTP applicant here. Got an II on 9/9. They wanted to schedule the interview for early October but I couldn't make it so they pushed it to December.Would people mind sharing the latest month the interviews have been scheduled for already?
Can anyone who has interviewed here comment on how it was? Whether the interviewers had prescripted questions, conversational, hardball questions, etc? thank youuuu!
No hardball questions. Both my interviewers prefaced that they had a few questions they had to ask but all of those were pretty standard. Otherwise it was super conversational - spent a couple mins chatting with my faculty interviewer about our shared love for a certain musician! Really got the sense that they just wanted to get to know me!Can anyone who has interviewed here comment on how it was? Whether the interviewers had prescripted questions, conversational, hardball questions, etc? thank youuuu!
Hi thanks so much for the info! Were the scripted questions behavior style, like "tell me about a time ..." or standard in format? Also did you have 2 faculty or 1 faculty/1 student? I couldn't find info on that haha, thanks for your help!No hardball questions. Both my interviewers prefaced that they had a few questions they had to ask but all of those were pretty standard. Otherwise it was super conversational - spent a couple mins chatting with my faculty interviewer about our shared love for a certain musician! Really got the sense that they just wanted to get to know me!
Complete early or late ?II received on 10/24! OOS
Late, 10/14Complete early or late ?
I don't think we're allowed to reveal exact questions, but they were pretty standard interview questions (the scripted ones). They read my app thoroughly and spent most of the other time discussing my activities that they found interesting. I had 1 faculty and 1 student, but I didn't know that until the day before when they send you your schedule. It was really laid back and relaxed, like even when they asked the scripted ones, so I wouldn't worry at allHi thanks so much for the info! Were the scripted questions behavior style, like "tell me about a time ..." or standard in format? Also did you have 2 faculty or 1 faculty/1 student? I couldn't find info on that haha, thanks for your help!
Upload to the portal.Can somebody please confirm what we're supposed to do for post-interview update letters? Did they say to upload into the portal and not send them an email?
Congrats! when were you complete?II today! They are scheduling out to January🙂
II today! They are scheduling out to January🙂
Early July!Congrats!! When were you complete?
I sent one yesterday through their portal! I guess time will tellDoes anyone know if Penn accepts pre-II updates? Can't find an answer on their website 😅
Am I in trouble if I did both 🙁Upload to the portal.
There are monthly Reconnect sessions for interviewed students.Are there any info sessions coming up for prospective students / already interviewed students?
Have not heard back (I was complete 9/17)anyone complete in around Sep. heard back? I feel like all II's have been July completion and getting nervous since they complete interviews next month....
All scholarships and financial aid offers are announced together after everyone admitted has filed their requested documents.Do they release the 21st century scholarships the same time as acceptance? Or is there a delay?
would this be prior to or after committing to enroll/narrowing schools down to 1?All scholarships and financial aid offers are announced together after everyone admitted has filed their requested documents.
Those who dont meet financial need may qualify for other scholarships, even if not 21st century type money,
Multiple current students in my interview said it was the only school they got into 🤷♂️Do most students who get accepted here have like 10+ IIs and multiple As?
Offers are extended in early March. Those with offers get a timeline to complete all paperwork and the date for awards will be published at the time of admission offers (usually early April/within a month of admissions). Students usually have 3-4 weeks to decide to narrow down to 1.would this be prior to or after committing to enroll/narrowing schools down to 1?
that's what NYU's dean saysDo most students who get accepted here have like 10+ IIs and multiple As?
NYU students probably do since they interview almost 1:10 for their seats and reject most of them accepting only those with highest stats in the end and expect students to still show up since they are free tuition.that's what NYU's dean says
website says all admitted students are automatically considered for 21st century.Is there a separate application for the 21st century scholarship or should we not worry about that unless accepted? Also, this is random but when is it typically a good time to start filling out FAFSA? I've been hearing answers all over the place
No application for 21st century.Is there a separate application for the 21st century scholarship or should we not worry about that unless accepted? Also, this is random but when is it typically a good time to start filling out FAFSA? I've been hearing answers all over the place
Same question here. I submitted mid-August but haven't heard back. I know they said they interview until Jan according to their confirmation email, but what does that mean for IIs?Does anyone know when they stop sending IIs? UPenn is my dream school (and a long shot), but I just want to be realistic about how much longer to hold out hope for
They had a small batch of IIs mid-Jan last cycle!anyone know if they are finished sending IIs?
three hours ahead of CA! i might be wrong but i think EST vs. EDT refers to which side of daylight savings time we're onFor those who have already interviewed, when they say the interview times are on EDT, does that mean 4 hours ahead of California or 3 hours ahead?? Apparently there's a difference between EST and EDT that I do not understand 🤔
Penn and California should always be 3 hours apart unless Cal has multiple time zones. LA and SF are always 3 hours behind Philly.For those who have already interviewed, when they say the interview times are on EDT, does that mean 4 hours ahead of California or 3 hours ahead?? Apparently there's a difference between EST and EDT that I do not understand 🤔
how many were admitted?156 matriculated of 809 interviewed = 19% roughly, I think this is based off 2021 data on MSAR
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.