2022-2023 Pennsylvania (Perelman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they’ll provide any information as to why they rejected if I send an email asking?
They usually give you a generic answer or ask you not to send these sort of questions at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any financial aid forms we should fill out pre-decision (besides FAFSA of course)

Does anyone have insight on whether a letter of intent actually does anything? If it makes no difference I’d rather not send it.

Are there any financial aid forms we should fill out pre-decision (besides FAFSA of course)
They release these usually after an admission so they dont have to deal with too many forms.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to break the silence but does anyone know when second look is here?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was this posted online somewhere?
I have a friend who is an MS1 and she sent me an internal mailing saying it would happen that weekend.
I thought during my interview they said 3/15? But I could definitely be misremembering
I feel like 3/15 would be too early considering decisions will likely not be out until first week of March, but to be fair they didn't say anything during my interview

I have a friend who is an MS1 and she sent me an internal mailing saying it would happen that weekend.

I feel like 3/15 would be too early considering decisions will likely not be out until first week of March, but to be fair they didn't say anything during my interview
Did you mean 3/15 would be too late?

Did you mean 3/15 would be too late?
i think there’s some confusion here! 3/15 date was speculation for decisions being released, not second look weekend. but for second look weekend, it would be too early because decisions would be out only a little prior to that time, so too quick turn around to know that you’re accepted, decide on going, and then book flights/accommodation in time to atrend

Reactions: 1 users
Oops lol yeah my bad I meant 3/15 was too early for second look - I have no insight into decision timeline!

I meant i was told decision day would be 3/15 :)

i think there’s some confusion here! 3/15 date was speculation for decisions being released, not second look weekend. but for second look weekend, it would be too early because decisions would be out only a little prior to that time, so too quick turn around to know that you’re accepted, decide on going, and then book flights/accommodation in time to atrend
Oh I get it now! Based on past cycles, next week might be decision week and if it was I don't think it's inconceivable that second look happens at the end of the month. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Oh I get it now! Based on past cycles, next week might be decision week and if it was I don't think it's inconceivable that second look happens at the end of the month. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
It is entirely possible that they had said decisions would be *by* 3/15 and not *on* and I got confused! But for some reason i have been completely convinced that would be the day for the last 6 months lol

It is entirely possible that they had said decisions would be *by* 3/15 and not *on* and I got confused! But for some reason i have been completely convinced that would be the day for the last 6 months lol
Yeah I think 3/15 is the AMCAS mandated deadline but they have typically released their decisions by the first week of March

For anyone interested, I made a list of when students have heard back from Penn over the last four years:

2022: 3/7 (Monday)
2021: 3/3 (Wednesday)
2020: A: 3/2 (Monday)
2019: A: 3/6 (Wednesday)

Reactions: 7 users
Possibly decisions may come out on March 1st? That’s what it says on MSAR and it falls on a Wednesday too!

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
I have in my notes written March 30th to April 1 for Second Look; I want to say I wrote this down during the MSTP interview orientation but frankly I don't remember when I wrote this down.

Are most people who interviewed here sitting on other T10 offers?

Not the case for me and making me nervous.

Are most people who interviewed here sitting on other T10 offers?

Not the case for me and making me nervous.
i mean if that is the case, isn't that better cuz it means they'll be more likely to take other offers instead of penn at the end of the day?

i mean if that is the case, isn't that better cuz it means they'll be more likely to take other offers instead of penn at the end of the day?
I think they're more nervous because Penn is their one shot at T10 so if it's a R then it's game over.

I have in my notes written March 30th to April 1 for Second Look; I want to say I wrote this down during the MSTP interview orientation but frankly I don't remember when I wrote this down.
Has anyone else heard anything about second look? Confirm this date?

Last edited:
"...we are still on schedule to release decisions at the same time that MD offers are made. That should be by the end of next week if everything remains on schedule. Information about Penn Preview (in person at the end of March) will be sent at the same time."

No guarantee we hear back by next week, of course, given that delays always seem to occur right before deadlines, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: 6 users
🥴🥴 Penn is my absolute top choice, but one of the other programs I’m deciding between has their second look that same weekend, and ya boy already spent $500 on airfare.

Really hoping to have this problem next week lol, but any tips? It’s also an MSTP so they’ve said they’ll refund travel expenses, but I think that’s conditional on actually going…

🥴🥴 Penn is my absolute top choice, but one of the other programs I’m deciding between has their second look that same weekend, and ya boy already spent $500 on airfare.

Really hoping to have this problem next week lol, but any tips? It’s also an MSTP so they’ve said they’ll refund travel expenses, but I think that’s conditional on actually going…
Reach out to the admissions office of the programs with overlapping second look dates and they'll get you sorted for rescheduling. At this point, they'd be happy to shift dates around if it means you choose their program. You might not get to attend the official second look programming, but it'll still be informative in any case.

I bamboozled myself for Yale last week and it was rough waiting for nothing to happen. But I know the drill...gonna tell myself nothing will happen until next week for UPenn, but will be hitting the refresh like my life depends on it :rofl:

• Haha
I bamboozled myself for Yale last week and it was rough waiting for nothing to happen. But I know the drill...gonna tell myself nothing will happen until next week for UPenn, but will be hitting the refresh like my life depends on it :rofl:
Happy to know that I will not be the only one neurotically checking my email!!
Staring Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Today I picked up a scam call from Texas, that my phone MARKED as spam, simply because it’s an unknown number and ~what if it’s Penn~

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
how many people do they accept in this first round? The excel says 275 total, but im guessing thats after WL movement. Weirdly enough last year they closed the whole waitlist bc they anticipated no spots to open up, so im thinking they accept like ~250ish in one go?

For anyone interested, I made a list of when students have heard back from Penn over the last four years:

2022: 3/7 (Monday)
2021: 3/3 (Wednesday)
2020: A: 3/2 (Monday)
2019: A: 3/6 (Wednesday)
Thanks for researching. They call all A’s correct? I assume they email for waitlist and rejections?

Thanks for researching. They call all A’s correct? I assume they email for waitlist and rejections?
Yes, that seems to be the case. Calls for As first starting around 10am, then emails for WL/Rs. It seems like tomorrow is the day based on past years??