2022-2023 Pennsylvania State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where does it say we need to submit a deposit? I only saw fees associated with the checklist.
Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 12.01.07 AM.png


I saw this and assumed! I'll call them tomorrow morning and lyk!
 
A! Interviewed in early October and I'm beyond excited. This school has everything I want!!

Edit: Those who have been previously accepted, have you heard about FinAid or Scholarships?
On my portal I have a tab with pre-matriculation requirements. I remember seeing info stating that FASFA should be submitted around Feb in order to receive max amount of aid … something to that effect. Other than that, I have not heard anything since being accepted :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A friend of mine got II a few days ago. OOS, completed back in Aug. There is still hope out there.
 
Last edited:
can you talk about your experience living in hershey? and overall how your first year has been!
It definitely is a "small town" vibe in Hershey, but I love it and there is a strong community among students. So far this year has been very laid back and the school definitely wants you to succeed. Since it is Pass/fail and there is no internal rank, no one is trying to compete and everyone works together. Overall, I have had a very positive experience and would totally recommend.
 
I am a first year here at Penn State Hershey so let me know if anyone has any questions about the program and I can try to answer them.
How much stuff is there to do in Hershey, how is housing, and do you any info about scholarship packages?
 
How much stuff is there to do in Hershey, how is housing, and do you any info about scholarship packages?
There are a few hiking/running paths a trails in Hershey and a few breweries etc but honestly not much other than that haha. Most people go to Lancaster city (30 minutes) or Harrisburg (15 minutes) for more stuff to do honestly. A lot of people live "on campus" as there is student housing within walking distance of the Hospital but some people live off campus with plenty of options within 5 minutes. I think scholarships are pretty much exclusively need based, but honestly not 100% sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard Hershey literally smells like chocolate 👀 my question is: is it possible to moderate one’s chocolate intake in such a circumstance?
Yes, it does. It's either very nice, or so strong that it smells like barf. But there have been several days where the aroma of chocolate has wafted through the hospital.
The real question is d

The real question is does tuition come with an annual pass to Hershey Park?
No, not even a discount, sadly.
I sent thank you notes to admissions email and asked them to forward them to interviewer. They responded they would, so that is ok too I think
I did this, and I think it would be preferable, sometimes our outlook inboxes don't get emails. It's also better and more respectful (in my humble opinion) to do it through the admissions office. That's how I did it with my interviewers.
 
@psucowgirl do you mind speaking on the culture of the school? Is it collaborative or more individualistic? Do people watch the lecture or study 3rd party material mostly?

Also, when are second look days? I’m hoping to drive down for a weekend in March or April and it would be nice if there events to attend. Just need to plan it out because of mine and my partner’s work schedules :/
 
@psucowgirl do you mind speaking on the culture of the school? Is it collaborative or more individualistic? Do people watch the lecture or study 3rd party material mostly?

Also, when are second look days? I’m hoping to drive down for a weekend in March or April and it would be nice if there events to attend. Just need to plan it out because of mine and my partner’s work schedules :/
No idea when the second look days are, that would be a better question for admissions than me - they're being super tight about in person visiting for no reason.

Culture is awesome. I came from a pretty cutthroat, big public undergrad, and being at PSU is a breath of fresh air. Like... idk about y'all, but when I first started, as an MS1, I met like... HAPPY MS3s. Have you ever met a happy MS3? They're about as rare as unicorns. Admin can be annoying but I do feel like faculty try and really do genuinely care about us and our success. Super collaborative class - everyone shares everything in a class google drive, upperclassmen are very helpful and willing to answer questions, just all around awesome.
There's no room for gunners here - Most everyone I have met has been really hella cool.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad