2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone interview mid september and not hear yet? pretty sure that must mean WL but im still clinging onto a little bit of hope

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there's a place to buy a sweatshirt or merchandise? The bookstore seems to have undergrad stuff only

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a current applicant but did anyone apply to Stony this year without a committee letter even though their undergraduate institution has a prehealth committee? Kind of worried about this since on the website it states committee letter is required if undergrad has a preheatlh office but the school I attend has an extremely large amount of premeds and is pretty infamous for its very stringent letter requirements which I will not be able to fulfill for the next application cycle so I was thinking of using individual letters from Interfolio instead. I am IS if that matters and stats well above median. Good luck to everyone applying and congrats to the II/A !!!

Should I ask for an earlier Interview date? Mine is in January but I'm thinking if I interview that late it might ruin my chances

Not a current applicant but did anyone apply to Stony this year without a committee letter even though their undergraduate institution has a prehealth committee? Kind of worried about this since on the website it states committee letter is required if undergrad has a preheatlh office but the school I attend has an extremely large amount of premeds and is pretty infamous for its very stringent letter requirements which I will not be able to fulfill for the next application cycle so I was thinking of using individual letters from Interfolio instead. I am IS if that matters and stats well above median. Good luck to everyone applying and congrats to the II/A !!!
I didn't get a committee letter, just used the office to send my letter packet. Still got a II

I feel like maybe tomorrow or the week after Thanksgiving? I can't imagine them handing out decisions the week of Thanksgiving but who knows tbh

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like maybe tomorrow or the week after Thanksgiving? I can't imagine them handing out decisions the week of Thanksgiving but who knows tbh
It'll definitely give us something to be Thankful about :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
when do we think they will start releasing more decisionss

waitlisted, interviewed september. This one stung as this was my top choice :(

• Care
Lol when they take over 8 weeks from your interview day to get back despite releasing As much earlier and then they wait-list you the day before Thanksgiving. Absolutely incredible

+1 waitlisted, interviewed 10/28 IS

crying screaming throwing up
lol jk but I am kinda stressed rn

• Care
Hellooo sdn & happy thanksgiving!!I interviewed on one of the above dates that heard they were WL’d and Im freaking out bc I have not heard anything. Assuming it could either be really good or really bad. anyone else in the same boat 🫠

II on November 22, Canadian applicant and earliest availble dates were March 2 + 3

Hey everyone, Stony Brook was on my list of schools to apply to but I got really busy after submitting the majority of my secondaries and I just realized I never got to it. Do you think it's worth submitting it now, so late into the cycle? I know most people say if money's no issue then submit, but I just don't want to completely waste my money either so wondering what your thoughts are. Thank you!
*fyi I'm a Canadian applicant

Hey everyone, Stony Brook was on my list of schools to apply to but I got really busy after submitting the majority of my secondaries and I just realized I never got to it. Do you think it's worth submitting it now, so late into the cycle? I know most people say if money's no issue then submit, but I just don't want to completely waste my money either so wondering what your thoughts are. Thank you!
*fyi I'm a Canadian applicant
Can't hurt. I've gotten an interview from a school I submitted in October. You never know.

Reactions: 2 users
II on November 22, Canadian applicant and earliest availble dates were March 2 + 3

Does anyone know if interviewing in March is basically interviewing for a waitlist spot or does Stony save seats for late interview dates?

Just got II International student. available dates are all in March. Is that pretty much the same for everyone at this stage or is it worth waiting a bit longer before scheduling?

Seems like they've scheduled pretty far into the next year :(

Does anyone know if interviewing in March is basically interviewing for a waitlist spot or does Stony save seats for late interview dates?
did you also just receive an II with dates on in March?

WL received last week as well :( I believe they said they would start pulling from the WL after May 1.

WL day before Thanksgiving too... (JUST after posting here that I received no news)..

• Care
Accepted as an IS applicant! Both of my interviews were 10/31

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users