2022-2023 Stony Brook

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know if there's a place to buy a sweatshirt or merchandise? The bookstore seems to have undergrad stuff only
 
Not a current applicant but did anyone apply to Stony this year without a committee letter even though their undergraduate institution has a prehealth committee? Kind of worried about this since on the website it states committee letter is required if undergrad has a preheatlh office but the school I attend has an extremely large amount of premeds and is pretty infamous for its very stringent letter requirements which I will not be able to fulfill for the next application cycle so I was thinking of using individual letters from Interfolio instead. I am IS if that matters and stats well above median. Good luck to everyone applying and congrats to the II/A !!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I ask for an earlier Interview date? Mine is in January but I'm thinking if I interview that late it might ruin my chances
 
Not a current applicant but did anyone apply to Stony this year without a committee letter even though their undergraduate institution has a prehealth committee? Kind of worried about this since on the website it states committee letter is required if undergrad has a preheatlh office but the school I attend has an extremely large amount of premeds and is pretty infamous for its very stringent letter requirements which I will not be able to fulfill for the next application cycle so I was thinking of using individual letters from Interfolio instead. I am IS if that matters and stats well above median. Good luck to everyone applying and congrats to the II/A !!!
I didn't get a committee letter, just used the office to send my letter packet. Still got a II
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hellooo sdn & happy thanksgiving!!I interviewed on one of the above dates that heard they were WL’d and Im freaking out bc I have not heard anything. Assuming it could either be really good or really bad. anyone else in the same boat 🫠
 
Hey everyone, Stony Brook was on my list of schools to apply to but I got really busy after submitting the majority of my secondaries and I just realized I never got to it. Do you think it's worth submitting it now, so late into the cycle? I know most people say if money's no issue then submit, but I just don't want to completely waste my money either so wondering what your thoughts are. Thank you!
*fyi I'm a Canadian applicant
 
Hey everyone, Stony Brook was on my list of schools to apply to but I got really busy after submitting the majority of my secondaries and I just realized I never got to it. Do you think it's worth submitting it now, so late into the cycle? I know most people say if money's no issue then submit, but I just don't want to completely waste my money either so wondering what your thoughts are. Thank you!
*fyi I'm a Canadian applicant
Can't hurt. I've gotten an interview from a school I submitted in October. You never know.
 
Just got II International student. available dates are all in March. Is that pretty much the same for everyone at this stage or is it worth waiting a bit longer before scheduling?

Seems like they've scheduled pretty far into the next year 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad