2022-2023 Stony Brook

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys! people who interviewed - around what times of the day was it? they said i would be notified a couple days before but want to get an estimate thank you 🙂
 
does anyone know if they have any merit based scholarships, or is it only need based?
They only do need based scholarships. They do not have merit based scholarships nor do match scholarships from other schools. Confirmed with financial aid this week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone who interviewed, how do you suggest preparing for the Stony interview specifically?
Prepare for a traditional med school interview - prep all those standard questions “Why medicine” ect. Also it will depend on your interviewers style - I suspect they don’t have predefined interview questions but leave it more up to the individual interviewer (at least thats how it seemed from my interviews)
 
Prepare for a traditional med school interview - prep all those standard questions “Why medicine” ect. Also it will depend on your interviewers style - I suspect they don’t have predefined interview questions but leave it more up to the individual interviewer (at least thats how it seemed from my interviews)
Thank you! I will be ready. I'm wondering, how do they gauge ethics or situational-based judgment in traditional interviews?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in late Oct and still haven't heard back. Should I send them an update or is this basically an L at this pt?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does stonybrook have any kind of in person accepted students day?
My student interviewer mentioned they have a few weekends every March/April. I know the NYC acceptees had an event in the city too but I don’t know if that was planned by the accepted students or the school
 
I interviewed early december (12th). Heard nothing. Is it reasonable to assume it's a post-II rejection?
 
Apologize if this is not the right question for this thread: Anyone know how much medical students typically pay for off campus housing, or if theres a FB/groupme to investigate? Thanks!