2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!! Interviewed 10/31, IS. About to lose my damn mind

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTEDDD!! INTERVIEWED 10/28, GOD BLESS!! CONGRATS EVERYONE!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed late september and just got the A! it took soooooooo long that i had pretty much given up but im absolutely thrilled!!!!

• Love
Accepted via email today, interviewed 10/31!

• Love
hey guys! people who interviewed - around what times of the day was it? they said i would be notified a couple days before but want to get an estimate thank you :)

hey guys! people who interviewed - around what times of the day was it? they said i would be notified a couple days before but want to get an estimate thank you :)
Mine was maybe 9am-9:30, but I think people had them all day long lol

You can ask but unlikely there be any available.
I asked today. Congratulations everyone on acceptance! Does anyone know if I have a shadow of a chance since I'm interviewing all the way in January? Seeing all these acceptances makes me shake in my mid-stat boots

does anyone know if they have any merit based scholarships, or is it only need based?

Waitlisted. interviewed mid November

In state, 4th quartile Casper, good stats, it's a sad world

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know if they have any merit based scholarships, or is it only need based?
They only do need based scholarships. They do not have merit based scholarships nor do match scholarships from other schools. Confirmed with financial aid this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Stony send pre-II R?

A just now!!!!!!!! Over email :) (my first A:giggle:) Interviewed 10/6. (IS, ORM)
Edit: my portal status has not changed by the way. I did send an update letter on 11.16.22

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance today, interviewed on 11/14. IS
Very happy about this one.

S’all good, man.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
MSTP acceptance today, interviewed on 11/16, out of state, applied straight through. This is my first acceptance, still trying to process the excitement I'm feeling

For everyone who interviewed, how do you suggest preparing for the Stony interview specifically?

For everyone who interviewed, how do you suggest preparing for the Stony interview specifically?
Prepare for a traditional med school interview - prep all those standard questions “Why medicine” ect. Also it will depend on your interviewers style - I suspect they don’t have predefined interview questions but leave it more up to the individual interviewer (at least thats how it seemed from my interviews)

Prepare for a traditional med school interview - prep all those standard questions “Why medicine” ect. Also it will depend on your interviewers style - I suspect they don’t have predefined interview questions but leave it more up to the individual interviewer (at least thats how it seemed from my interviews)
Thank you! I will be ready. I'm wondering, how do they gauge ethics or situational-based judgment in traditional interviews?

do you think interviews are still going out? This is honestly my top choice.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed in late Oct and still haven't heard back. Should I send them an update or is this basically an L at this pt?

I interviewed in late Oct and still haven't heard back. Should I send them an update or is this basically an L at this pt?
send an update, timing doesn’t determine Ls (i got waitlisted within weeks, others got accepted after months)

Got the A a couple hours ago!! 😊 interviewed 12/13

Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted- any idea what the waitlist movement looks like?

I am not sure when. Mind sharing when you interviewed or whether you sent an update letter or not?
interviewed 11/29, sent update letter in September (big publication) but not after interview

Waitlisted. Damn that hurt. Thought my interviews went great. I guess not as well as I thought.

does stonybrook have any kind of in person accepted students day?

does stonybrook have any kind of in person accepted students day?
My student interviewer mentioned they have a few weekends every March/April. I know the NYC acceptees had an event in the city too but I don’t know if that was planned by the accepted students or the school

I interviewed early december (12th). Heard nothing. Is it reasonable to assume it's a post-II rejection?