2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone having difficulty accessing the required health forms needed? would highly appreciate it if someone can DM the stuff needed if the link is working on their end
 
Where are my 50X MCAT homies at? Who else here has stats so low that they have them boots with the fur?:banana:
Just got accepted off of WL last week. 509 MCAT and also did not have any volunteering and technically my clinical experience wasn’t technically clinical. Did research but no pubs. Also found out around 2 pm on a Wednesday. Planning on enrolling too!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone having difficulty accessing the required health forms needed? would highly appreciate it if someone can DM the stuff needed if the link is working on their end
There is a link on the portal that takes you to the pdf forms, which you then email to them after they are filled out (as one pdf)- you need forms 1,2, and 3
 
Holyyyyyy nuts I just got an A!!! I’m kinda freaking out but also my job fully does not have anyone to replace me and I signed a new lease so time to figure out if I can do a deferred acceptance 😬

Btw: OOS, ORM, 3.69/516, LOTS of research and clinical experience
I’m so happy your one AL turned into an acceptance! You deserve it, congratssss!!
 
Recieved an A on monday. However, I will be turning it down to commit to another school and I hope it goes to someone here without any As 😊. That being said, I'd like to show you all some problematic things I've discovered about this school and I would urge people who have other acceptances to go elsewhere, especially PoCs. Check out this instagram account @blackatdownstate This school has a reputation for sabotaging minority student's grades during clinical skills.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230523-092535_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523-092535_Instagram.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 406
  • Screenshot_20230523-092325_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523-092325_Instagram.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 355
  • Screenshot_20230523-092252_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523-092252_Instagram.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 336
Lol. Definitely kinda hate Downstate for making me move out of town, but the instagram account bashing downstate was made in 2020, so it's pretty unlikely that I've been masterminding this for 3 years.
 
Lol. Definitely kinda hate Downstate for making me move out of town, but the instagram account bashing downstate was made in 2020, so it's pretty unlikely that I've been masterminding this for 3 years.

dw your secret is safe with me 😉

In all seriousness, best of luck future doc!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any accepted students got their health clearance marked completed on their pre-matric checklist? I am trying to complete it before leave the country for vacation but the student health office has been unresponsive to my emails.
 
Have any accepted students got their health clearance marked completed on their pre-matric checklist? I am trying to complete it before leave the country for vacation but the student health office has been unresponsive to my emails.
No. And they won’t respond, I asked admissions
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should those on the AL be submitting all the pre matric stuff? Anyone know?
Was wondering the same thing... but alot of the stuff on the pre-matric checklist say "(Not for alternates)" or "(If accepted to Medicine)" so not sure if we are required to do them without getting accepted