2022-2023 Virginia Commonwealth

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS complete 7/10 --> pre-II R 8/11

"If you are interested in reapplying in an upcoming cycle, we strongly suggest that you consult with a qualified premedical advisor or a medical school admissions office to discuss ways in which you may be able to enhance your application"

Ouch VCU, ouch.
 
did anyone who got an II or an R have a portal change prior to the status update? Mine has just said "application complete" since 7/5.

edit: did it say anything like "under review"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
yeah that was a ****ty ****ing rejection email. like... is my app bad?
It's always constructive to have a bit of a reality check and introspect on one's application but I wouldn't dig too deep into their rejection email. I think it kind of straddles the line between blunt and rude but that's just my opinion. For what it's worth, I have an II a better MD school with the same application so there is definitely some subjectivity. Keep your head up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
al
It's always constructive to have a bit of a reality check and introspect on one's application but I wouldn't dig too deep into their rejection email. I think it kind of straddles the line between blunt and rude but that's just my opinion. For what it's worth, I have an II a better MD school with the same application so there is definitely some subjectivity. Keep your head up.
also every school is (maybe) looking for some different qualities as well, so even tho they are saying that, maybe it is just not a good fit for their vision/mission, don't take it personally!! i am sure u have a great app
 
Last edited:
Rejected this morning, secondary completed on 8/8.

VCU just took a major L rejecting us. Keep your heads up!
VCU? Very Cringe University (If you are a VCU adcom member please do not take this roast personally, it is to harvest internet points to relieve the pervasive numbness I feel as my future is decided behind closed doors and I am not privy to any of the decision making, resulting in crushing existential dread)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey when you people say it’s complete on some day, did you get a complete email or you are marked complete from the secondary portal?
 
it's school dependent but for VCU, they sent me a complete email
Oh I just realized I received a complete email too, but I thought it was automatic and no one reviewed it to see if everything is actually good. The email was sent right after I submitted my secondary
 
Oh I just realized I received a complete email too, but I thought it was automatic and no one reviewed it to see if everything is actually good. The email was sent right after I submitted my secondary
That probably meant you had all other require documents submitted before you submitted your secondary! As long as they say you are complete, you are good to go
 
Submitted primary August 1st (ED) -> Verified August 12th -> recieved secondary August 12th -> Submitted secondary August 15th.

Anyone else apply early decision this cycle?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all - I have received this email: Your application has been received by the VCU School of Medicine and will now begin the process of evaluation. A preliminary review of your credentials will determine whether or not you will be invited to complete a secondary application. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of your application. I am confused by this...did everyone receive this email and did you get a secondary invite after?