2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Officially withdrawing my A. Loved everything about this school and people I met at 2nd look!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else on the alternate list from the MBS program?

Reactions: 1 user
if you are on the alternate list, are you able to send an update letter? I am accepted at other schools, but this is a school that I like. I was wondering if they are allowed or this school rather not receive update letters when you are on the alternate list

Members don't see this ad :)

Looks like Geisinger is being bought by Kaiser. Any ideas about what this means for the school?

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew from the WL! Hoping for the best with everyone else on the WL!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if there's been any waitlist movement yet or is that only expected to start after May 1st

Also withdrew from the AL today. Wishing you all the best!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call! A today after AL placement in early April. Interviewed December 1st. First MD acceptance

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
Just got the call! A today after AL placement in early April. Interviewed December 1st. First MD acceptance
Congrats!! Did you send any LOI after being placed on the AL?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are some people getting acceptances via phone calls and others through email? A bit confused here

Received the A call today at 10am. First MD acceptance!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
A today by call, interviewed october, deferred 12/6, AL in april! First MD A, see y'all there!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations! Did you receive the call this morning or just recently? Trying to figure out if they’re still calling people 🫠
This morning around 11 or 12 maybe? Was kind of flustered haha I was on the way to work

A today by call, interviewed october, deferred 12/6, AL in april! First MD A, see y'all there!!
Asking as someone who also interviewed October, was deferred 12/6, AL in April, would you mind sharing ur stats so I can estimate how much of a chance I might have at the A here

Asking as someone who also interviewed October, was deferred 12/6, AL in April, would you mind sharing ur stats so I can estimate how much of a chance I might have at the A here
LM 71, ORM IS

Is there an accepted students groupme yet? Almost fell for the MCAT Bros run class of 2027 facebook page haha

Just accepted via phone call! Interviewed Late Feb. ^Also curious to know if there is a groupme or facebook page?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I will gladly make one if there's not one but lmk

LM 68.5, ORM OOS

Congratz to everyone accepted. It would be ideal if the waitlist could be reduced to 100 instead of 380. I just need to plan my life and this purgatory I've been in since sep has been frustrating to say the least.

Reactions: 5 users
Congratz to everyone accepted. It would be ideal if the waitlist could be reduced to 100 instead of 380. I just need to plan my life and this purgatory I've been in since sep has been frustrating to say the least.
this. to those accepted, im celebrating for you, congrats :D but the waiting is making me physically nauseous. like a couple mins ago i heard my phone go off my heart dropped only to see it was my dad lol. i am in love with this school and would drop everything to go, as many of us on the WL would, and its really unfair to string almost 400 of us along for only 30 possible A's

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah I really don’t understand the massive waitlist if they know they only extend about 30 offers… it just seems mean to not even tell you what quartile you are in.

Incredibly happy for those accepted! Also frustrated with the whole thing since I have another acceptance to a school 5+ hours from home which starts at the end of June, but Geisinger is only a half hour away from me. I would rather be given an answer, even if it's a rejection, than continue to wait and hope.

Reactions: 4 users
Finally got the A on Friday. II on 8/1. Interviewed 9/12. Deferred 10/17. AL last month. After 9 months of waiting, I am going to be a doctor!

Waitlists, especially ones this big were made for the schools, not for us applicants. They serve as back up plans and are purely strategic. Our feelings/emotions were not calculated in the equation unfortunately. With that being said, congratulations to all those getting off🙏🏿 To the ones who are still waiting, I wish you nothing but good news in the upcoming days. I know it’s hard but try to get off this forum or any app that will trigger you. Give yourself some grace. Wish you all the best and take care of yourselves 🥰

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Waitlists, especially ones this big were made for the schools, not for us applicants. They serve as back up plans and are purely strategic. Our feelings/emotions were not calculated in the equation unfortunately. With that being said, congratulations to all those getting off🙏🏿 To the ones who are still waiting, I wish you nothing but good news in the upcoming days. I know it’s hard but try to get off this forum or any app that will trigger you. Give yourself some grace. Wish you all the best and take care of yourselves 🥰
No one is forcing you to apply to the school if you think they’re unfair. Go apply to schools that “care about your emotion”. It’s just frustrating to see people that just keep complaining and yet they either do nothing to change it or still giving in to something that they’re complaining about on the daily. Be the change you want to see in the world.

• Dislike
No one is forcing you to apply to the school if you think they’re unfair. Go apply to schools that “care about your emotion”. It’s just frustrating to see people that just keep complaining and yet they either do nothing to change it or still giving in to something that they’re complaining about on the daily. Be the change you want to see in the world.
Hey. I would encourage you to please revise what you just wrote. Just because the waiting process is an unfair process doesn’t mean feelings have to be invalidated. “Being the change you want to see in the world” is encouraging your potential future colleagues rather than attempting to dismiss their emotions. Please be kind or don’t say anything at all.

“Still do nothing to change it” what are applicants supposed to do about a long waitlist? This is completely out of everyone’s control. These people just want to be doctors. Have some sympathy man

Reactions: 8 users
Hey. I would encourage you to please revise what you just wrote. Just because the waiting process is an unfair process doesn’t mean feelings have to be invalidated. “Being the change you want to see in the world” is encouraging your potential future colleagues rather than attempting to dismiss their emotions. Please be kind or don’t say anything at all.
Sorry if it came across as rude or dismissive, but my point is why are you applying to a school that you think it’s unfair? Like would you be happy going there for 4 years and paying thousands of dollars? As the person said, he believes that schools with huge waitlist is unfair to applicants, why not just apply to schools with smaller waitlist? The size of the waitlist and how many applicants they accept out of the waitlist on average is public information for the most part, especially for Geisinger, so he applied knowing that’s the case and proceed to complain afterward. If he thinks that the waitlist process at Geisinger is unfair but think he’s going to get accepted outright and that’s why he applied, then he’s just dismissive of the fact that the school is still unfair in his opinion but it’s okay because it’s only unfair to other applicants if he is accepted.

...why not just apply to schools with smaller waitlist?
my-goodness-what-an-idea.gif

Reactions: 12 users
Sorry if it came across as rude or dismissive, but my point is why are you applying to a school that you think it’s unfair? Like would you be happy going there for 4 years and paying thousands of dollars? As the person said, he believes that schools with huge waitlist is unfair to applicants, why not just apply to schools with smaller waitlist? The size of the waitlist and how many applicants they accept out of the waitlist on average is public information for the most part, especially for Geisinger, so he applied knowing that’s the case and proceed to complain afterward. If he thinks that the waitlist process at Geisinger is unfair but think he’s going to get accepted outright and that’s why he applied, then he’s just dismissive of the fact that the school is still unfair in his opinion but it’s okay because it’s only unfair to other applicants if he is accepted.
😬 big yikes

Reactions: 7 users

Out of all times, now is an opportunity to be sympathetic and empathetic towards fellow applicants. We all are now experiencing how ridiculous and unpredictable this process is for a lot of schools and avoiding particular schools for that reason isn’t a practical solution. Lets just try being kind to one another since we’re all struggling in the same boat of uncertainty rn 🥲

Reactions: 5 users
Is there something I'm missing as to why such a massive waitlist benefits Geisinger?

With a waitlist of over 300 people, they could have their class filled three times over if every acceptance dropped out. So if only about 30 or so acceptances are gonna go out then wouldn't a number like 80 or something for the waitlist make more sense for everyone? Applicant number 327 on the waitlist has zero chance of getting in this cycle and there is zero chance Geisinger even gets close to their number on the waitlist for a possible acceptance. Soooo then why even bother putting them on the waitlist

Maybe I'm missing something *shrug*

I’m honestly just baffled that you went out of your way to insult us or be frustrated about this. I’m really sorry we’ve offended you. Please forgive me for my insensitivity, I'll be sure to put on my "empathy hat" next time I interact with you. We ll discuss this schools waitlist policy and how it’s affecting our personal lives somewhere else so you can be content👍👍

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone give me an update on the Facebook group numbers (if there is one)? I don’t have social media 😅😅