2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Currently at 119
True but keep in mind that there are several upperclassmen included in this count, as there are the students who organized the FB and also people are using this to advertise housing - so don't be too discouraged by the number

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted today! Does anyone know when the AMCAS plan to enroll becomes available?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
can't stop shaking. got the call at 12:05pm EST!! OOS, interviewed 3/1, WL 4/11. my one and only MD II :,) congrats to everyone accepted, see you in a few months!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
can't stop shaking. got the call at 12:05pm EST!! OOS, interviewed 3/1, WL 4/11. my one and only MD II :,) congrats to everyone accepted, see you in a few months!!!
Congrats future doctor!! Did you send any updates/LOI?

Congrats future doctor!! Did you send any updates/LOI?
thank you!!! i had sent an update letter back in january but that was pre-ii. since i didn't have any more significant updates i decided not to send anything else

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an A at my home state program, so I will be withdrawing my acceptance here. This seems like such a supportive community which made it a tough decision. I truly hope the A goes to one of you! Best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Are there any accepted students here from NYC, female, and want to meet up to be potentially roommates and friends? Also are there any advice on which housing is most popular among GCSOM students? If you have any info please message me! Thank you!

Are there any accepted students here from NYC, female, and want to meet up to be potentially roommates and friends? Also are there any advice on which housing is most popular among GCSOM students? If you have any info please message me! Thank you!
I just gave up a lease for 426 Mulberry street apartment 208 ( one bedroom) . Beautiful apartment 3 blocks from Geisinger medical school. Parking ramp next door for car, rooftop patio for outdoor studying ( fully furnished) when weather is nice, washer/dryer, good security, AC, big windows. Would definitely recommend. If you google 426 mulberry Scranton pa it should come up or Scrantonliving.com is website. There are pictures there of the apartment but I want to comment that is not my stuff in those pictures. Apartment available July 1.

JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE PHONE CALL AFTER BEING ON THE AL, interviewed January and deferred April

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else worried about missing a deadline, lol?!? I submitted the deposit and agreed to all the technical standards lol. I even did my fingerprinting. About to have my transcript sent over as well. Anyone else? Lol

Is anyone else worried about missing a deadline, lol?!? I submitted the deposit and agreed to all the technical standards lol. I even did my fingerprinting. About to have my transcript sent over as well. Anyone else? Lol
Is the fingerprint thing required for all accepted or only PA residents? I am so confused.

Good news y'all, we're eligible for automatic acceptance into GCSoM's MBS program 😭😭😭

• Haha
any AL movement this week?

Reactions: 3 users
Officially withdrew from the waitlist this morning after getting an acceptance to another school this past Friday, good luck to everyone else waiting and don't give up hope. It's not over till it's over

For anyone who is on the waitlist and has an A for another school, at what point are yall putting plans in motion for that other school in terms of housing etc etc.

Obvi at a certain point we have to find roommates and a place to stay at the place we have an A at

I was thinking starting in June I'll really go all in on housing etc for the place I'm accepted to rn even if that puts me in a bad position for a possible later acceptance from Geisinger

For anyone who is on the waitlist and has an A for another school, at what point are yall putting plans in motion for that other school in terms of housing etc etc.

Obvi at a certain point we have to find roommates and a place to stay at the place we have an A at

I was thinking starting in June I'll really go all in on housing etc for the place I'm accepted to rn even if that puts me in a bad position for a possible later acceptance from Geisinger
I’m in the same boat. I think I’ll give it another week and then go all in for the school I got accepted to which means basically giving up my WL position for Geisinger.

I withdrew two days ago.Its hard to find housing near the school I am accepted to so I was looking since last month.Found a place and signed the lease so withdrew from here

i'm accepted at a school that starts late-June, so unfortunately for me, I had to put down a deposit for a place already. If I get into Geisinger before moving in 2.5. weeks, I've accepted that I will end up losing my deposit for the apartment.

Does anyone know whether there is still waitlist movement happening?

Because I committed to another school, they removed me from their waitlist, like no longer being considered. I would’ve seriously considered going here but according to msar only 30 gotten taken off the waitlist.

Because I committed to another school, they removed me from their waitlist, like no longer being considered. I would’ve seriously considered going here but according to msar only 30 gotten taken off the waitlist.
Thank you for your response! I’m sorry to hear that they did that.

How did they know that you committed to another school in the first place if you dont mind me asking?

if someone committed on AAMC, would the rest of the MD schools be able to see?

Yes, they can see as per my email today. I think some schools will act on it and remove you from their waitlist. Some probably won’t. That’s the downside of early CTE dates.

So I guess based on this information, Geisinger is reducing the number of people on their waitlist? But it would only apply to those who have already committed to enroll at another school and have not withdrawn from geisingers waitlist?

There's also people in the facebook group that are attending other schools LMAO

• Love
Meaning intending to go elsewhere haha

so I guess they’re really not accepting anyone anymore…? 😢

• Care