2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you, @paul30 for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine Secondary Essay Prompts (no character limits listed)

1a. Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine's unique mission and values, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit for our institution.

2. List the five most important attributes you believe a physician should possess. Please choose one that you believe you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.

3. Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How will you contribute to our commitment to diversity, social justice, equity, and inclusion?

4. If you have previously applied to Geisinger Commonwealth's Doctor of Medicine program, please describe your significant experiences between this year's application and your previous application. (If you are not a previous applicant, please type, "N/A" in the response area.)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
The Commonwealth Medical College Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
OOS secondary received!

Prompts:

1a. Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit for our institution.
2. List the five most important attributes you believe a physician should possess. Please choose one that you believe you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.
3. Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. Tell us how you will share in this mission.
4. If you have previously applied to Geisinger Commonwealth's Doctor of Medicine program, please describe your significant experiences between this year's application and your previous application.

@wysdoc

OOS secondary received!

Prompts:

1a. Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit for our institution.
3. Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. Tell us how you will share in this mission.
4. If you have previously applied to Geisinger Commonwealth's Doctor of Medicine program, please describe your significant experiences between this year's application and your previous application.

@wysdoc
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, secondary received 7/5. Submitted 6/6 and processed 7/5.

OOS, secondary recieved 7/7. Submitted 6/8 and processed 7/7.

aamc preview is recommended, but is it actually a soft requirement?

Reactions: 1 user
aamc preview is recommended, but is it actually a soft requirement?

If it's a req, the earliest one for this cycle was Jun 22, so doesn't that mean everyone won't be "complete" until the end of July when scores are released?

I did the classic oof and put Geisel school of medicine instead of geisinger on one of my essays. Anyone have thoughts on whether I should email or just hope it doesnt get noticed because the names are so similar?
Definity do not email. You don't want to bring attention to mistakes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have this question too. I just took the Casper and would rather not pay a fee to sit this exam for 1 school.
It sucks because it was free last year and now they want us to pay that steep price

II on 8/1/2022. IS. Submitted secondary on 7/4/2022.

Did anyone who applied to the Abigail Program received an II yet?

List the five most important attributes you believe a physician should possess. Please choose one that you believe you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.

How are you guys approaching this question? Should we simply listing the traits since that's what the prompt says, or should we provide an explanation for each one?

List the five most important attributes you believe a physician should possess. Please choose one that you believe you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait.

How are you guys approaching this question? Should we simply listing the traits since that's what the prompt says, or should we provide an explanation for each one?
I listed like 5 of them bad boys then picked one that I vibed with and shared a story relating to that trait.

Reactions: 1 users
II received! For reference, 13th percentile PREview.

Bro congratulations!!! Those goated instant secondaries submissions giving you those instant IIs you deserve.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I wrote an 800-word essay and still got the II tho :)) LM 67 for anyone wondering, and IS :D

I was complete 07/20 and still haven't heard anything...but thats just me. Idk if others around my completion time are the same

Reactions: 4 users
II a few mins ago- IS, complete 7/13, 73 LM

• Love
Has anyone received a II without the PREview exam? I took the PREview exam on August 3rd so I am not sure if this will delay their decision.

Has anyone received a II without the PREview exam? I took the PREview exam on August 3rd so I am not sure if this will delay their decision.
I got my II before i took my preview exam, so i dont think it matters that much in their interview handling

IS II prior to Preview score. LM 73 WARS 75 complete 7/16

Does anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is like?

Does anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is like?
I am a reapplicant and was interviewed by Geisinger during the 20-21 cycle. If you are OOS, getting into geisinger is difficult. I believe their post II A rate is around 30%? IS has better chances since Geisinger gets funded to produce more physicians that would benefit the area nearby the school.

I completed on 07/21, so I think they must have looked over my application🫠