2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on alternate list, but I will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
AL, and this was my last interview to hear from :( I don’t know where I went wrong 😞

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like this alternate is a rejection.
Chances are pretty low. I kind of wish that they send rejections instead of a big waitlist because it gives a huge false sense of hope Especially with a waitlist that big

Reactions: 5 users
Chances are pretty low. I kind of wish that they send rejections instead of a big waitlist because it gives a huge sense of false hope. Especially with a waitlist that big
Exactly. Just tell me. I don’t need to be “let down easy”.

they should just reject everyone except the top 50 so no one waste their time

Exactly. Just tell me. I don’t need to be “let down easy”.
Would actually call this the opposite. Just sitting on waitlists rn and it feels like eternal pain😬 i’d rather be let go so at least I can move on with my life. Hoping for good things for all of us no matter the outcome!

II in August -> Interviewed in October -> Delayed Decision 12/3-> Alternate listed just now

Reactions: 1 user
For the people that interviewed in Feb, did you all get an email with an A or portal update?

AL after being deferred on 2/15. Interviewed 11/30. Completely indifferent about this lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the A after being deferred last month. I'll be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!! 🙂

Reactions: 9 users
Placed on the alternate list after being deferred since the beginning of November. I'm going to withdraw from this waitlist, so good luck to everyone!!

Interviewed 10/19 --> Deferred 12/6 --> AL today. I know only pain. Thanks ADCOMs

• Care
Do they reject people off the waitlist or just dont reach out at all and keep you waiting until orientation?

Got WL-ed 🥹. But I'm going to withdraw even though my withdrawal won't help much . Best of luck everybody

can someone explain to me the difference between waitlisted and alternate list? ~ currently someone on the AL list

Does geisinger prefer WL over Al?

can someone explain to me the difference between waitlisted and alternate list? ~ currently someone on the AL list

Does geisinger prefer WL over Al?
They’re the same thing. At this point, you are basically just waiting to either receive an acceptance call or a rejection email towards the end of the cycle.

anyone know if they accept letters of interest?
I sent an update letter that expressed my interest as well, however on the portal it says you can send update letters so you should probably provide an update in the letter not only your interest.

• Care
I think interest letters count as update letters and we can only send 2 (just fyi)

Reactions: 1 users
is their WL ranked or just based on the order they add it? idk who was put on that list prior to April so its hard to gauge how the list is organized.

is their WL ranked or just based on the order they add it? idk who was put on that list prior to April so its hard to gauge how the list is organized.
I don't know. They made it seem like they have a ranked list since they say its their policy not to disclose an applicants rank on the list. However, this is just speculation on my part. Also I think that they just made the WL since they were deferring people before this week, however I am not 100% sure about this.

Has anyone that interviewed not heard ANYTHING back? I interviewed in January and haven't been deferred, rejected, accepted, or AL.

Has anyone that interviewed not heard ANYTHING back? I interviewed in January and haven't been deferred, rejected, accepted, or AL.
Ugh. That is actually torture. I’m so sorry they have left you completely hanging. My anxiety could never deal with that….

Make sure to check your mail, I have seen some posts where people said they got correspondence by mail from Geisinger but not any emails about status which is weird but I guess could happen

Anyone accepted student from previous years know how likely it is to get off the waitlist for geisngy:drowning:

AL but i will be withdrawing...good luck everyone!

ok so i too was hit with the AL earlier this month. just curious - a lot of amazing souls on here are promptly withdrawing from the AL, does this mean maybe there’s less than the set 380 people on the waitlist now LOL? so maybe the more people start leaving the AL combined w/ those who are withdrawing their A’s from here gives us waiting for an A a better chance. or am i delusional Looool this was my only MD ii so i am simply just. Sad

• Care
ok so i too was hit with the AL earlier this month. just curious - a lot of amazing souls on here are promptly withdrawing from the AL, does this mean maybe there’s less than the set 380 people on the waitlist now LOL? so maybe the more people start leaving the AL combined w/ those who are withdrawing their A’s from here gives us waiting for an A a better chance. or am i delusional Looool this was my only MD ii so i am simply just. Sad
I think we are the same person lol

• Care