2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the people that interviewed in Feb, did you all get an email with an A or portal update?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can someone explain to me the difference between waitlisted and alternate list? ~ currently someone on the AL list

Does geisinger prefer WL over Al?
 
can someone explain to me the difference between waitlisted and alternate list? ~ currently someone on the AL list

Does geisinger prefer WL over Al?
They’re the same thing. At this point, you are basically just waiting to either receive an acceptance call or a rejection email towards the end of the cycle.
 
is their WL ranked or just based on the order they add it? idk who was put on that list prior to April so its hard to gauge how the list is organized.
 
is their WL ranked or just based on the order they add it? idk who was put on that list prior to April so its hard to gauge how the list is organized.
I don't know. They made it seem like they have a ranked list since they say its their policy not to disclose an applicants rank on the list. However, this is just speculation on my part. Also I think that they just made the WL since they were deferring people before this week, however I am not 100% sure about this.
 
Has anyone that interviewed not heard ANYTHING back? I interviewed in January and haven't been deferred, rejected, accepted, or AL.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone that interviewed not heard ANYTHING back? I interviewed in January and haven't been deferred, rejected, accepted, or AL.
Make sure to check your mail, I have seen some posts where people said they got correspondence by mail from Geisinger but not any emails about status which is weird but I guess could happen
 
ok so i too was hit with the AL earlier this month. just curious - a lot of amazing souls on here are promptly withdrawing from the AL, does this mean maybe there’s less than the set 380 people on the waitlist now LOL? so maybe the more people start leaving the AL combined w/ those who are withdrawing their A’s from here gives us waiting for an A a better chance. or am i delusional Looool this was my only MD ii so i am simply just. Sad
 
ok so i too was hit with the AL earlier this month. just curious - a lot of amazing souls on here are promptly withdrawing from the AL, does this mean maybe there’s less than the set 380 people on the waitlist now LOL? so maybe the more people start leaving the AL combined w/ those who are withdrawing their A’s from here gives us waiting for an A a better chance. or am i delusional Looool this was my only MD ii so i am simply just. Sad
I think we are the same person lol
 
if you are on the alternate list, are you able to send an update letter? I am accepted at other schools, but this is a school that I like. I was wondering if they are allowed or this school rather not receive update letters when you are on the alternate list
 

Looks like Geisinger is being bought by Kaiser. Any ideas about what this means for the school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad