2022-2023 Wayne State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an II last year and didn't get off the waitlist. Retook the MCAT and got a much higher score, but submitted application late this year because of it (end of Aug); did anyone else that got II last year and recieved it again already this year? OOS.

Seeing this super late but this same thing happened to me minus the MCAT retake! Interviewed in January after submitting late last year and got waitlisted. Submitted earlier this time and I interviewed on 9/26!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean? Doesn't every school do early admissions?
Rolling admissions, as in they did not completely fill up their class as they interview. In theory you interviewing earlier in the cycle versus later should not impact your chances of acceptance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same! 29 and will be 30 by the time I matriculate!

Just accepted!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will see some of you in the future!

I'm nearly 30 years old and wanted to be a doctor since I was 12 years old. Just got the acceptance 🙂 Do not give up ever!
28 non-trad here! Super excited to see some late twenties/early thirties in the mix!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh wow that is quick! Did they say 4-6 weeks for you? I interviewed later that week ahh anxiously awaiting. Congratulations!

They did say 4-6 weeks for me too!

I’m not sure why they got back so fast, but I did send Thank You notes for my faculty/student interviewers last Monday so maybe that expedited it[emoji2368]
 
Congratulations. How did the interview go? Did they give any immediate encouraging words/feedback? Because, it is a very quick turnaround.

It definitely felt good! I sensed my faculty interviewer pretty quickly changed gears from “putting me on the spot” mode to “conversation” mode, and the student interviewer straight up told me I did well and she wasn’t just saying that. So it’s definitely possible that’s why I heard back so quick!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad