2022-2023 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know if more II will be coming out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how the interview went/types of questions they ask

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how the interview went/types of questions they ask
The interviewers will know your application very well and have taken notes on it. They will ask you very direct questions about things on your application and then ask you more ended questions about medicine and your path/journey. I would say its stereotypical for a med school interview and if you review your application and why you want to go to school there you should just fine. I would suggest signing up for a mock interview if possible

Members don't see this ad :)
When are they scheduling for interviews?
The dates I have to pick from were times on Tuesday and Wednesday the 21st and 22nd of February. Those were the only two options for me.

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone have any idea about how class schedules are structured? since there are no lectures, how often are classes and are they everyday etc.

does anyone have any idea about how class schedules are structured? since there are no lectures, how often are classes and are they everyday etc.
I have a friend at the school and she said mandatory attendance discussions are every day 8 or 9 am (I don't remember) to 12 pm, then nothing after that. And she really seems to like how it's set up since you get to know your entire class (you basically rotate groups) and everyone helps each other understand the materials. I found the 2023-2024 academic calendar on their website too if that's interesting but it doesn't answer your question: Year 1 & 2 Academic Year Calendars | Boonshoft School of Medicine | Wright State University

I feel like those discussions might be M-Th, since Friday is not exactly part of that block, it's clinical medicine, so could be simulated clinic time w different hours.

I have a friend at the school and she said mandatory attendance discussions are every day 8 or 9 am (I don't remember) to 12 pm, then nothing after that. And she really seems to like how it's set up since you get to know your entire class (you basically rotate groups) and everyone helps each other understand the materials. I found the 2023-2024 academic calendar on their website too if that's interesting but it doesn't answer your question: Year 1 & 2 Academic Year Calendars | Boonshoft School of Medicine | Wright State University

I feel like those discussions might be M-Th, since Friday is not exactly part of that block, it's clinical medicine, so could be simulated clinic time w different hours.
Thank you!

II this afternoon! Complete 8/24, makes my week a lot better considering I was WLed yesterday at my top choice :)

People who are on the WL, how has your cycle been?
Are you still waiting for this school or have you moved on?

also curious about this. Is wright state still sending out interview invites?

Also wondering. I haven’t sent a follow up because their application confirmation was adamant that they will update us as soon as they make decisions

Reactions: 2 users
I called today, and they are still making invitations. He said they will be done by April.

Reactions: 11 users
I called today, and they are still making invitations. He said they will be done by April.
like they will interview through april or will end the last week of march and be completely done by april first? (so do we have 9 weeks to panic or 5 weeks lol)

like they will interview through april or will end the last week of march and be completely done by april first? (so do we have 9 weeks to panic or 5 weeks lol)
the way I understood it was we have 5 weeks to panic. Well, 4 now.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got WL. They said they give out positions on the alternate list. Did anyone else get this?

They gave a hint of where I’d be on the waitlist in the original email but they said out which tier you are in April
Hm my email didn’t say anything about a tier… do you mind me asking where the hint was?

Did it specify where you were on the alternate list? Someone said their email talked about tiers but mine didn’t
Nope, just said they would have a better idea of how many spots were still available by April 15, then they would communicate my status in the waitlist

Nope, just said they would have a better idea of how many spots were still available by April 15, then they would communicate my status in the waitlist
Okay thanks, so confusing!

Also just WL, but mine didn't give a date in April. But hinted to where I'd be in the list.

Hm my email didn’t say anything about a tier… do you mind me asking where the hint was?
Mine said they expect me to be “very high on the alternate list”. It looks like in previous years you’re either in top third, middle third, or bottom third.

Mine said they expect me to be “very high on the alternate list”. It looks like in previous years you’re either in top third, middle third, or bottom third.
That’s what mine said. Did they say they would follow up with your exact position?

That’s what mine said. Did they say they would follow up with your exact position?
I don’t believe they say exact positions, just what third you’re in. I didn’t get a follow up like that but based on previous years it comes in thirds

I got WL back in September. April 15 is what they said as well in terms of where I am on the list. I believe it goes by thirds. Based on last years thread, they made it to the middle third of the list.