2023-2024 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS acceptance! Interviewed 11/03!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Should I be worried If I still haven’t gotten deposit info yet (got the A on 10/27)? I called admissions and left a voicemail earlier this week and no one has gotten back to me. Just a little worried but I get that adcoms might be overwhelmed. Might try emailing them over this weekend. Maybe I’m just being paranoid lol

OOS WL this morning

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL, anyone know if there is a lot of movement off the waitlist and when that begins?

OOS WL, anyone know if there is a lot of movement off the waitlist and when that begins?
I imagine that there will likely be some movement after December 14th and subsequent deposit deadlines as people with early acceptances may decline their spots. After that, I would imagine we're looking at regular Spring changes.

Is there a groupme and/or Facebook group for accepted students? And how do I find these?

Withdrew my acceptance I hope one of you get it!

20 days since I was marked complete and under review haven’t gotten a rejection email should I email them?

20 days since I was marked complete and under review haven’t gotten a rejection email should I email them?
Marked complete for the primary/secondary? or for an interview? if it's for the former, I would wait. Since they're in the middle of interviews and they get so many applications, they might take a little bit longer to get back to you.

Are there any current ACOM students I can ask a few questions? Thank you in advance!

Hi! How do we submit update letters? Do we email it to the Admissions office? I don't see a place for it in the secondary portal.

For those who have acceptances, how soon after your interview did you hear back? Im interviewing next Friday and just wanted to know

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have acceptances, how soon after your interview did you hear back? Im interviewing next Friday and just wanted to know
I kid you not, exactly 1 week and 30 minutes after my interview ended.

Should I be worried If I still haven’t gotten deposit info yet (got the A on 10/27)? I called admissions and left a voicemail earlier this week and no one has gotten back to me. Just a little worried but I get that adcoms might be overwhelmed. Might try emailing them over this weekend. Maybe I’m just being paranoid lol
Definitely continue reaching out to them to advocate for yourself. I waited two weeks to receive my deposit information. Although I have not personally called ACOM before, many schools' phone lines seem to be swamped later in the day. I had the best luck in actually speaking with someone by calling schools the moment they open in the morning. Furthermore, you aren't paranoid. If I recall correctly, those who were notified of their acceptances prior to November 15 have a deposit deadline of December 14. Please correct me if my info is wrong.

I am scheduled for the virtual open house tomorrow. Did anyone receive an email with a zoom link or know how to access the zoom link through the portal?

Reactions: 2 users
I am scheduled for the virtual open house tomorrow. Did anyone receive an email with a zoom link or know how to access the zoom link through the portal?
Check spam folder, I just found the email.

Marked complete for the primary/secondary? or for an interview? if it's for the former, I would wait. Since they're in the middle of interviews and they get so many applications, they might take a little bit longer to get back to you.
Waiting for an interview

I'm curious if anyone else was surprised about the email for interviews Monday that the other info sessions will be on Friday Dec 8? I specifically checked my interview confirmation email and it says presentations will be ON THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW. I literally have a surgery scheduled between Monday and Friday so I'm not really sure how I'm going to sit on a zoom call for several hours with my camera on... I don't really want to tell them I'm having surgery because I don't want any schools to think I'm a weakling lol (it's a sports injury, nothing chronic haha)

I'm curious if anyone else was surprised about the email for interviews Monday that the other info sessions will be on Friday Dec 8? I specifically checked my interview confirmation email and it says presentations will be ON THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW. I literally have a surgery scheduled between Monday and Friday so I'm not really sure how I'm going to sit on a zoom call for several hours with my camera on... I don't really want to tell them I'm having surgery because I don't want any schools to think I'm a weakling lol (it's a sports injury, nothing chronic haha)

There was someone at my interview day with a shoulder sling. I don’t think they will put any stock in having a surgery and will likely give you something interesting to talk about! Faculty was all very kind, I wouldn’t overthink it.

Has anyone visited the ACOM campus or is anyone willing to talk about the campus (medical student)

Withdrew my A, hope it goes to you. Good luck to everybody on your applications, and have a nice holiday season!

There was someone at my interview day with a shoulder sling. I don’t think they will put any stock in having a surgery and will likely give you something interesting to talk about! Faculty was all very kind, I wouldn’t overthink it.
I'm not worried about being in the sling, I'm literally going to be taking Percocet every 4 hours and probably trying to sleep as much as possible to avoid the pain. That day is going to be right about when the nerve block wears off too...

Hello! Are there any current ACOM students that I could ask some questions to?

I just withdrew my A, I hope it goes to one of you <3

out of state A today. Got the email like half an hour ago! Badasssss, sending good vibes to all of y’all 🫶

Out of state and just got the Acceptance!! I interviewed last Friday. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Hi everyone! I’m about to unregister for my December 15th interview spot if anyone wants to schedule an earlier date!

Interview hold :/. Anyone know if they tend to pull people off of holds for interviews? Have they sent out Pre-interview rejections yet?

Interview hold here as well. Does anyone know if they have sent out any rejections yet? Just curious to see if interview hold has any weight to it, or if its just a precursor to a rejection.

Might be a silly questions but are deposit due tonight (12/13) or is it okay to submit the payment tomorrow (12/14)?

OOS II received today. Complete on 10/12. 498 MCAT.

II RECIEVED YESTERDAY ALMOST MISSED IT!!!!!! OOS 499 MCAT

OOS II received today. Complete on 10/12. 498 MCAT.
So when I tried to register for an in-person interview, all of the January spots were gone, and the only option was to do it virtually in January. I would have preferred to do it in person but I don't know if my chances of getting accepted will be affected if I do the interview virtually.

Withdrew my A today. Good luck everyone.

Withdrawing my A from here. I hope it goes to one of you wonderful people!