2023-2024 Baylor

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my friend is interviewing here this Friday, hope she gets to meet @MCAThiccy 😌
Regarding your friend interviewing, please ask them if they have any questions regarding Baylor or Temple specifically. I will do my best to help them out. Also, I hope that you get into TCOM! I love TCOM and am proud of my school!
 
Regarding your friend interviewing, please ask them if they have any questions regarding Baylor or Temple specifically. I will do my best to help them out. Also, I hope that you get into TCOM! I love TCOM and am proud of my school!
You’re seriously the best, I will let them know! I really hope I get into TCOM too 🥹
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How bad does missing the pre-interview social look? It's finals week at my school and I just realized that my last final gets out an hour before it, so it'll be tight to make it on time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My faculty interview didn’t have ethical questions but definitely felt rapid-fire. They didn’t really acknowledge my answers. Student interview was fantastic though. All depends on who you draw I’m afraid.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine were pretty conversational. One of my interviews we talked about one of my hobbies for the entire interview, but the other was relatively rapid fire
For me, both were kinda rapid fire, but first interviewer was rapid fire during interview, but became very conversational during the question period. Second was also kinda mixed between switching between rapid fire questions and conversations.
 
does anyone know if MD/PhD applicants are also considered for MD only acceptance? I can’t find an answer on the website but the website does say that applicants who are not accepted MD/PhD but matriculate at Baylor are invited to apply MD/PhD again.

I’m just wondering if we’re automatically considered for the MD pool or if we were supposed to apply separately or anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!
 
does anyone know if MD/PhD applicants are also considered for MD only acceptance? I can’t find an answer on the website but the website does say that applicants who are not accepted MD/PhD but matriculate at Baylor are invited to apply MD/PhD again.

I’m just wondering if we’re automatically considered for the MD pool or if we were supposed to apply separately or anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!
+1 same question!
 
Regarding MD PhD, this situation is very individualistic. Let’s say that an applicant applied through the AMCAS portal for the MD PhD program and also applied for the MD program through TMDSAS. The applicant would’ve had to check the boxes that stated that they would also like to be considered for the MD Pool. If that same applicant is not accepted for the MD PhD program, they are still considered for the MD program.
If the applicant only applied through AMCAS for the MDP program and did not designate the want for consideration for the MD program, then that applicant is no longer considered for admissions if they are rejected for the MD PHD program.
 
Only if you give me a Scooby Snack.
1702414795532.png
 
Regarding MD PhD, this situation is very individualistic. Let’s say that an applicant applied through the AMCAS portal for the MD PhD program and also applied for the MD program through TMDSAS. The applicant would’ve had to check the boxes that stated that they would also like to be considered for the MD Pool. If that same applicant is not accepted for the MD PhD program, they are still considered for the MD program.
If the applicant only applied through AMCAS for the MDP program and did not designate the want for consideration for the MD program, then that applicant is no longer considered for admissions if they are rejected for the MD PHD program.
Thank you for this information, is this posted online anywhere?

I was definitely not aware that
2 separate applications were required. Baylor MD/PhD website states that the AMCAS is required to apply, and it doesn’t even mention the TMDSAS. I haven’t found anywhere online that states we need to submit both to stay in consideration for md.

For AMCAS, you aren’t allowed to select multiple programs at a single school so you literally cannot select consideration for both MD and MD/PhD.

Another reason that I was confused is that on the AAMC MD/PhD info page (link: https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/10111/download ) it states that at Baylor ALL MD/PhD applicants are considered for MD-only admission. is that just old / inaccurate ?

I’m not trying to make it sound like I don’t believe you or that I’m coming for you but it seems like there’s a lot of conflicting information online and maybe as a student you can point that out to the relevant people? It’s just confusing / unclear for applicants
 
I spoke with admissions directly around 2:30 in person. I can mention the discripency with them. As I've been told, many MD/PhD applicants only choose to be considered for the PhD program. Some applicants have selected themselves to be considered for both (MD/PhD, MD).
 
I just looked at the link. The last box would apply to a student if they also filled out the TMDSAS form concurrently with the AMCAS form.
Even TX residents have to fill out AMCAS to apply to MD/PhD positions, so I believe this is correct - to apply to MD at Baylor, one must have filled out TMDSAS.
 
Even TX residents have to fill out AMCAS to apply to MD/PhD positions, so I believe this is correct - to apply to MD at Baylor, one must have filled out TMDSAS.
Yea, I have no problem with Baylor setting guidelines on how they want applications sent in.

I just wish that information was clearly presented to me as an applicant. I think that’s understandable? Thank you both for the information
 
Regarding interviews, Baylor has stopped releasing interview invites for the MD program. Thank you all for applying and participating. 🙂
As for MD PhD, Baylor was still send out interview invites throughout January.
MD/BS invites will be released towards the tail end of February.
If you know and are allowed to share (I totally understand if not), what is a ballpark estimate for when the median OOS interviewee might hear back? As an OOS applicant, I was basically told that I could hear back anywhere from now to May. Just wondering so I could give myself a "most likely" scenario and set a reasonable mental expectation. I'm currently telling myself that I should expect to hear back a week or two after the IS students match. Does that seem accurate? Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Even TX residents have to fill out AMCAS to apply to MD/PhD positions, so I believe this is correct - to apply to MD at Baylor, one must have filled out TMDSAS.
I would expect this to be true since Baylor is part of TMDSAS for their MD and unless they are explicitly allowing people on AMCAS to choose either or they have to apply separately here.
 
Regarding interviews, Baylor has stopped releasing interview invites for the MD program. Thank you all for applying and participating. 🙂
As for MD PhD, Baylor was still send out interview invites throughout January.
MD/BS invites will be released towards the tail end of February.
Sounds like I need to withdraw my application before they formally reject me so they know who is in charge here.