2023-2024 Baylor

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1699891327851.jpeg

Me making the calls between classes. Y’all better answer y’all’s phones today.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How about those who interviewed in November? When could they expect to get a pre-match at the earliest?
 
When I interviewed on 10/20 the dean said we’ll get informed of prematches right before they go on winter break. So I’m assuming, at least, for those who interviewed around 10/20 will be in a second batch? I’m just speculating here and this round of pre matches might be the round the dean was taking about.
 
When I interviewed on 10/20 the dean said we’ll get informed of prematches right before they go on winter break. So I’m assuming, at least, for those who interviewed around 10/20 will be in a second batch? I’m just speculating here and this round of pre matches might be the round the dean was taking about.
Thank you for sharing this info because it's very helpful for me! As an OOSer it's pretty clear when's the LATEST I'll hear back from TX schools but it's also nice to know when the earliest is. Not that I'm counting on being in any first waves, but I at least know not to look out for any emails until then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do MSTP offers come out later ? they told us we would hear around December, but seeing the MD As I’m just wondering if it could be sooner
 
do MSTP offers come out later ? they told us we would hear around December, but seeing the MD As I’m just wondering if it could be sooner
MSTP process is separate - do you follow it on the Physician Scientist forum? ***2023-2024 MD/PhD Interview Invites***

I don't see any Baylor acceptances announced yet
 
MSTP process is separate - do you follow it on the Physician Scientist forum? ***2023-2024 MD/PhD Interview Invites***

I don't see any Baylor acceptances announced yet
Thanks for the response ! Yes, I follow that forum and MD specific threads because each school does their MSTP process differently. Some schools release decisions for everyone at the same time and I was just curious if I might hear back sooner. Thanks again 🙂
 
I think the ones this week were the first , but of course there were more to people who don’t post on SDN
I was meaning if they released any past Monday, cuz if they had I think statistically at least 1 person would post about it. Just curious cuz last year I think they released them over a few consecutive days
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's right, Vandy. I'm going back home for the holidays. We take our first practice STEP 1 exam this Monday (CBSSA). Afterwards, we go home for the holidays and return back for our Heme block the following monday. We are planning on having a Friendsgiving this Friday, though, at a classmate's house.
How are you all doing step 1 practice this early? you probably only covered 30-40%?
 
Baylor has always had mutiple CBSSA tests spaced throughout the curiculum. It's so that we become accustomed to the length of the test as well as the content. The test is "scored" and gives us a percentage of how likely we are to pass STEP 1 if we take STEP 1. "You are 2% likely to pass STEP 1 if you take the exam now." The CBSSA is just practice for us.