You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Case Western Reserve
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviews begin on 9/6Anyone have their interview yet? How was it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Wonder if apps are being reviewed based on submission date or if they're sending IIs to high stat apps first
Only a single data point but I submitted at the end of July, 2 weeks after secondaries started coming out so I don't think app review is entirely based on submission date. Def people out there with higher stats than me too so idk if it's high stat apps first either lol.Wonder if apps are being reviewed based on submission date or if they're sending IIs to high stat apps first
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
For the CCLCM Research Question: if I cite a statistic from a journal while explaining the project I'm working on, should I cite the journal or is it okay to assume the adcom knows I'm not plagiarizing and just didn't include the citation in my secondary? Or would it be better to just explain without using any specific stats?
Should be able to cite just the doi or even like author et al and date or journal abbrev without eating up too many chars. For example (Butter et al 2019) or (Butter et al, J Clin Onc)For the CCLCM Research Question: if I cite a statistic from a journal while explaining the project I'm working on, should I cite the journal or is it okay to assume the adcom knows I'm not plagiarizing and just didn't include the citation in my secondary? Or would it be better to just explain without using any specific stats?
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
Thanks!Should be able to cite just the doi or even like author et al and date or journal abbrev without eating up too many chars. For example (Butter et al 2019) or (Butter et al, J Clin Onc)
please.accept.me15
Full Member
does CWRU send out rejections post-secondary or is just if by the end of the app cycle you don't have an II you're rejected?
Reject as cycle goes on. They send pretty big wavesdoes CWRU send out rejections post-secondary or is just if by the end of the app cycle you don't have an II you're rejected?
notanorthobro
Full Member
Hey @CWRU.Sman I received an II last Thursday to the University Program. However, none of the interview dates worked with my current schedule. I emailed the appropriate person listed in my interview email on Thursday, but I haven’t heard anything so far. How long should I wait before emailing admissions? Thank you!
The person you emailed was out last Friday and we had a holiday on Monday so they are probably still playing catch up. Plus, today is our first interview day so there has been a flurry of activity that doesn't allow them to be doing much else. Tomorrow is an interview day as well. Sorry for the delay. Send another note on Friday.Hey @CWRU.Sman I received an II last Thursday to the University Program. However, none of the interview dates worked with my current schedule. I emailed the appropriate person listed in my interview email on Thursday, but I haven’t heard anything so far. How long should I wait before emailing admissions? Thank you!
notanorthobro
Full Member
Thanks for the update! No worries! I just wanted to make sure it was all good!The person you emailed was out last Friday and we had a holiday on Monday so they are probably still playing catch up. Plus, today is our first interview day so there has been a flurry of activity that doesn't allow them to be doing much else. Tomorrow is an interview day as well. Sorry for the delay. Send another note on Friday.
Anyone who sent their secondary and completed it before or at 7/16 still waiting to hear back. Wasn’t sure if there was a ig wave or not
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 7/16 for University Program and CCLM. R from CCLM, still waiting for UPAnyone who sent their secondary and completed it before or at 7/16 still waiting to hear back. Wasn’t sure if there was a ig wave or not
Complete 7/16 for University Program and CCLM. R from CCLM, still waiting for UP
Ah okay. I have gotten an R form either program yet. Don’t wanna get my hopes up
oatmilkplease
Full Member
+1Complete 7/16 for University Program and CCLM. R from CCLM, still waiting for UP
Did anyone else who interviewed NOT receive the interview follow-up email the day after?
happyllama
Full Member
OOS II! LM 77, Complete 7/18
their app processes are completely different, go crush the interview and get to learn in that dope health edu building they've got there!II received this morning! Was rejected to the CCLCM, so was surprised about this. Completed 7/21.
swaggyP12
Full Member
I imagined it would be different but thought I would be lower for Case nevertheless! Who knows, maybe I'll see you at that same building!their app processes are completely different, go crush the interview and get to learn in that dope health edu building they've got there!
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Congrats! What interviews dates are they offering?II received this morning! Was rejected to the CCLCM, so was surprised about this. Completed 7/21.
wannabecomedian
Full Member
+1, complete 7/13 🙁
D
deleted1167581
+1Pre-II R
+1 OOS R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Oh jeez this is terrifying, nothing in my inbox yet (complete 7/16)
+1 OOS R
Anyone complete after 7/31 hear anything?
Complete 7/30 and didn’t hear anything yet lol
Hey, this beats an R. My D (nearly identical stats to you) didn't get a CWRU II until December, so chill! You got the stats!Oh jeez this is terrifying, nothing in my inbox yet (complete 7/16)
7/16, I submitted right after I got it!Sorry to hear that 🙁 when were you complete?
Completed 7/16 but still haven’t gotten the R from CCLM or Case Western. Is this a good sign? (My stats are nowhere near this school’s average)
No news is always good news.Completed 7/16 but still haven’t gotten the R from CCLM or Case Western. Is this a good sign? (My stats are nowhere near this school’s average)
Does it update in the portal as well?
nope, i can see the email under the communication tab, but nothing new under the status.Does it update in the portal as well?
nope, i can see the email under the communication tab, but nothing new under the status.
Oh the pre-II R email is under the communication tab?
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Thank you!! fingers crossedHey, this beats an R. My D (nearly identical stats to you) didn't get a CWRU II until December, so chill! You got the stats!
+1 OOS R received today, first of the cycle :') good luck to everyone still in the running!
onwardsandupwards468
Full Member
Complete 7/15 and haven’t heard anything either
+1 OOS R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
terrified. this is one of my top schools where i really can see myself going. 😬
medfella
Full Member
same here we just got to weather thisterrified. this is one of my top schools where i really can see myself going. 😬
R storm... ⛈️R⛈️R⛈️R☔R☔
D
deleted1161947
+1 ii OOS
D
deleted1161947
ty 🙂 and 7/18Complete date? Congrats!
It's so scary to me that emails you can receive from the school can be an II or a rejection lol, keeping me on the edge of my seat