You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Creighton
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yep same issue here! Anyone found a solution for this?my volunteer hours aren't saving? anyone else having this problem?
edit: right after i posted this i tried again and it let me save my entry lol
I am :/ I tried entering it again like the other poster but still didn't work for me! Have you found a solution yet?my volunteer hours aren't saving? anyone else having this problem?
Edit: Omg I'm stupid I just figured it out... You have to press the green plus sign instead of "save changes"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a secondary from this school on 7/12 but I completely forgot about it til yesterday.. I just submitted it today (8/21). Did I kill my chances?
Everyone asks this but the truth is nobody really knows for sure, and it’s different at each school, but it’s better to submit and shoot your shot than it is not to. I basically did the same thing and I really like this school so here’s to hoping we both get an II!I got a secondary from this school on 7/12 but I completely forgot about it til yesterday.. I just submitted it today (8/21). Did I kill my chances?
D
deleted1167714
I always assumed that the reasoning to get your secondaries in within 2 weeks was to be at the top of the pile. But I've heard that Adcoms don't scrutinize exact dates that you received and submitted your secondaries.Everyone asks this but the truth is nobody really knows for sure, and it’s different at each school, but it’s better to submit and shoot your shot than it is not to. I basically did the same thing and I really like this school so here’s to hoping we both get an II!
you will be fine!I got a secondary from this school on 7/12 but I completely forgot about it til yesterday.. I just submitted it today (8/21). Did I kill my chances?
II received!! Complete 7/26
II received as well
Did people who got an interview portals change?
Yeah I think, when go into the portal, the home page is rather bare and says "You have been invited for an interview. Click to schedule"Did people who got an interview portals change?
congrats!! when did yall submit???
I was complete 7/13congrats!! when did yall submit???
Available interview dates range from 8/28 to 9/8, if anyone was curious
Wow, that’s a quick turnaround. Would’ve been nice of them to send IIs earlier if they were planning on starting interviews so soon.Available interview dates range from 8/28 to 9/8, if anyone was curious
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1167714
When did you submit the secondary/marked complete?II received!
GrizzlyBear57
New Member
OOS II received today! marked complete on Aug 8
D
deleted1167714
Stats?OOS II received today! marked complete on Aug 8
Only 160 for meHow many service hours does the people that received II have?
I got the secondary on 7/19 and was marked complete on 8/1When did you submit the secondary/marked complete?
I don't have a ton, maybe around 40 clinical volunteering and 80 non clinical?How many service hours does the people that received II have?
But I have some things listed as leadership that I guess can count for service as wellI don't have a ton, maybe around 40 clinical volunteering and 80 non clinical?
Around tree fiddyHow many service hours does the people that received II have?
GrizzlyBear57
New Member
518 & 3.81, good amount of non-medical volunteeringStats?
Two years ago, I didn't complete my secondary until mid-October and now I'm attending this school. Shoot your shot, king.I got a secondary from this school on 7/12 but I completely forgot about it til yesterday.. I just submitted it today (8/21). Did I kill my chances?
Hey all, I'm looking back and my secondary application and I realized that to the question:
"Have you entered a plea of guilty, a plea of no contest, a plea of nolo contendere, or an Alford plea, or have you received a deferred prosecution or prayer for judgment continued, to a felony and/or misdemeanor? Please note, traffic violations are considered misdemeanors in some jurisdictions," I answered "yes" thinking traffic violations included a speeding ticket. I just explained I had a speeding ticket in quite a frivolous manner, and since looking back, learned that they are not misdemeanors and the way I described them (honestly just paid a fine and I was let off) was too lighthearted in nature. Should I email the adcoms and say that I actually do not have a misdemeanor? How much is this hurting my chances of an II?
"Have you entered a plea of guilty, a plea of no contest, a plea of nolo contendere, or an Alford plea, or have you received a deferred prosecution or prayer for judgment continued, to a felony and/or misdemeanor? Please note, traffic violations are considered misdemeanors in some jurisdictions," I answered "yes" thinking traffic violations included a speeding ticket. I just explained I had a speeding ticket in quite a frivolous manner, and since looking back, learned that they are not misdemeanors and the way I described them (honestly just paid a fine and I was let off) was too lighthearted in nature. Should I email the adcoms and say that I actually do not have a misdemeanor? How much is this hurting my chances of an II?
OOS II just now, submitted 7/12. LM 72 with about ~200 hr nonclinical volunteering and 200 clinical volunteering. Available dates are 9/11 to 9/22. Hope this helps 🙂
luckyjester465
New Member
II OOS LM 74!!! a lot of volunteering but very little research
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II OOS LM 73
First II hits hard as a reapp :')))))))))
First II hits hard as a reapp :')))))))))
+1 OOS! Congrats from reapp to reapp🩷II OOS LM 73
First II hits hard as a reapp :')))))))))
squid_swim13
Full Member
are you guys trying to push back the interview to prep a little more, or are you trying to do it ASAP
I scheduled it for 2 weeks out to give myself time!are you guys trying to push back the interview to prep a little more, or are you trying to do it ASAP
Does anyone know if there is a benefit to choosing the Phoenix vs the Omaha location? I couldn't find much online. I know the curriculum is the same but are there more opportunities for research/volunteering at one place over the other?
ChocolateEclair
Full Member
II OOS submitted 08/01 with an LM of 81
II. I just got the email I was complete this morning too.
Dr.MambaMentality
Full Member
II yday, LM 75, complete 08/24, ORM, Non-clinical public health service: 780 hours. Reapp!
Last edited:
wakkawakka27
New Member
Got an II on Tuesday! It was for three separate virtual interviews either next week or the week after.
On Fridays there's a "meet the dean" followed by Q&A with students. It's two hours long. I work full time and will try to sneak away for 30 min intervals but....can anyone tell me about the student Q&A? Is that something I can multitask in if I get an urgent work call or something? Or do I definitely need to find a way to get the day off?
On Fridays there's a "meet the dean" followed by Q&A with students. It's two hours long. I work full time and will try to sneak away for 30 min intervals but....can anyone tell me about the student Q&A? Is that something I can multitask in if I get an urgent work call or something? Or do I definitely need to find a way to get the day off?
I have my Q&A tomorrow and can let you know how that goes if nobody else here has done theirs yetGot an II on Tuesday! It was for three separate virtual interviews either next week or the week after.
On Fridays there's a "meet the dean" followed by Q&A with students. It's two hours long. I work full time and will try to sneak away for 30 min intervals but....can anyone tell me about the student Q&A? Is that something I can multitask in if I get an urgent work call or something? Or do I definitely need to find a way to get the day off?
stickfigure
Full Member
Congratulations yall. Pull hard on the "service" aspects of medicine in your application and write update letters.
When should we write update letters? only if we get an interview or ??Congratulations yall. Pull hard on the "service" aspects of medicine in your application and write update letters.
Hello!!!
Can someone kindly tell me about Creighton, AZ vs NE? I have not been in either state, and the curriculum seems the same. But what are the pros and cons of each? Are research opportunities equally abundant at each campus? how is the culture differ? etc
Can someone kindly tell me about Creighton, AZ vs NE? I have not been in either state, and the curriculum seems the same. But what are the pros and cons of each? Are research opportunities equally abundant at each campus? how is the culture differ? etc
stickfigure
Full Member
Anytime! I wasn't interviewed until I submitted a significant update letter. Be sure to submit one post-interview as well.When should we write update letters? only if we get an interview or ??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I message you?Anytime! I wasn't interviewed until I submitted a significant update letter. Be sure to submit one post-interview as well.
As a CUSOM student, I'll say that the administration makes literally every attempt to make both campuses equally comparable to each other except for their physical location.Hello!!!
Can someone kindly tell me about Creighton, AZ vs NE? I have not been in either state, and the curriculum seems the same. But what are the pros and cons of each? Are research opportunities equally abundant at each campus? how is the culture differ? etc
There are only two separate virtual interviews, 1 with a faculty, 1 with a student, correct? I wonder why you have three ?Got an II on Tuesday! It was for three separate virtual interviews either next week or the week after.
On Fridays there's a "meet the dean" followed by Q&A with students. It's two hours long. I work full time and will try to sneak away for 30 min intervals but....can anyone tell me about the student Q&A? Is that something I can multitask in if I get an urgent work call or something? Or do I definitely need to find a way to get the day off?
beeee**h45
Full Member
Any MD/PhD IIs?
Anyone who interviewed this week, how was it? Mine is coming up and I am NERVOUS