2023-2024 Creighton

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To answer my own previous question, the Friday group session is ~45 students. First approx 30 minutes you meet with Dean and he does ask you all some questions. Next hour is breakout sessions with students (who reassure you they have no say in admissions). Finally you come back for a PowerPoint and info on admitting for about 30 min.
I would try to get the time off work (which I did do). You might be able to sneakily answer a text or something but there's lots of good info, like how update friendly they are.
 
Anyone who interviewed this week, how was it? Mine is coming up and I am NERVOUS
I thought the whole thing was pretty chill. The two interviews with faculty and student are open-file, so they mostly just asked me questions about my experiences. No curveballs from the faculty member, and the one weird question from the student was more funny than nervewracking so I would say no reason to be nervous. Friday's info session was question-driven and pretty long, which made it lag sometimes. But they were all very kind and transparent about the process so don't worry!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought the whole thing was pretty chill. The two interviews with faculty and student are open-file, so they mostly just asked me questions about my experiences. No curveballs from the faculty member, and the one weird question from the student was more funny than nervewracking so I would say no reason to be nervous. Friday's info session was question-driven and pretty long, which made it lag sometimes. But they were all very kind and transparent about the process so don't worry!
Awesome thank you so much!
 
Anyone get an II with less than 125 subscore? Curious how strict they are, seems like they're the last school that cares
 
For the non-medical volunteer activities session, did anyone of you put down volunteer non-clinical research? I did unpaid cell-based and wet lab research but I'm not sure if that counts. Also did any of you guys put down being a coach of a team you were on?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! Complete 7/25, uploaded update/LOInterest 8/30, Jesuit ties
Congrats! I noticed their update section is very robust... Can I ask, when you say LOI, did you just write a standard letter that encompasses several updates and upload it under that header or did you upload individual items under the subsections? Thanks so much
 
To those who interviewed, did they provide stats on how many offers of acceptance they sent out last cycle?
 
Last edited:
OOS II; complete 9/19. II received today 9/25. LM 69.
I'm shocked at how fast they got back to me lol
living the dream here! Congrats 🙂 if you don't mind me asking, what do you think made them get back to you so fast? do you have like a crazy amount of service hours?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! People that interviewed the week of 9/25, do you remember when the admitted students days that they mentioned were and also what days they said we could expect to hear back?
 
I interviewed the week prior, and mine doesn't say that.
Ooh. From previous years threads, if the thank you for interviewing message is gone, that means a decision has been made for you! Hopefully you get the the A.

This message: “Thank you for visiting campus during your interview. We hope you had an enjoyable trip to Omaha and Creighton. Your application is ready for final review from the Committee on Admissions. The final review process usually takes 4-6 weeks. We will contact you immediately when a decision has been made. As always, please feel free to contact the Office of Medical Admissions if you have any questions”
 
Ooh. From previous years threads, if the thank you for interviewing message is gone, that means a decision has been made for you! Hopefully you get the the A.

This message: “Thank you for visiting campus during your interview. We hope you had an enjoyable trip to Omaha and Creighton. Your application is ready for final review from the Committee on Admissions. The final review process usually takes 4-6 weeks. We will contact you immediately when a decision has been made. As always, please feel free to contact the Office of Medical Admissions if you have any questions”
Oh yeah mine does say that. I interviewed week of 9/25. I remember faculty telling us we’d either get a decision the week of the 16th or the week of the 23rd
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone else have the stuff about submitting final transcripts under the "submitted" tab on the portal?
You only submit an official transcript directly to the school you are certain you will attend.
The school can see your courses for now via your AMCAS application.
If you are still in the process of more interviews, then wait until you are sure of your selection.
 
I understand. My point is that under the "submit" tab, there is information below stating:
As a reminder:

Transcripts: It is essential that all accepted applicants arrange for an official transcript from each post-secondary institution previously and/or currently attended to arrive at the Office of Medical Admissions no later than July 15.

If you have earned a degree from an institution, the transcript must reflect that status. If you are currently enrolled in an academic program please submit a transcript to the Office of Medical Admissions after the posting of your final grades/degree, but no later than July 15.

If transcripts are not received by July 15, and you have not contacted the Office of Medical Admissions to obtain an extension, we reserve the right to withdraw your acceptance. Please contact the Office of Medical Admissions at 800-325-4405 or [email protected] if you have any questions about Creighton's transcript policies

Does anyone else have this?
This message has been available to you the whole time since you submitted?