-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Eastern Virginia
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So happy for you! I had a similar feeling in January when I got my first. I hope it goes well!!!IS II via phone call!!! My first II, I'm in tears. Complete 8/16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doglover2002
Full Member
Does anyone know how many more waves of interview invites they will do? I have not heard anything from them, and I am getting nervous [emoji30] I really want to hear from them so badly.
premed0909
Full Member
OOS II Just now no ties. Via phone call from a VA Beach # and no voicemail. Thought it was a prank call LOL
doglover2002
Full Member
OOS II Just now no ties. Via phone call from a VA Beach # and no voicemail. Thought it was a prank call LOL
congrats! Did you send any updates or contact admission at all since you did your secondary? and when was your secondary completed?
premed0909
Full Member
No, I didn't put any updates in or anything tbh. I was complete october 11, LM ~67congrats! Did you send any updates or contact admission at all since you did your secondary? and when was your secondary completed?
OOS II. Completed 11/3
risingsunandmoon
Full Member
IS II!! complete 08/04. LM 70
doglover2002
Full Member
i need more movement. Is their movement here random?
They told us at my interview day in early January to expect decisions in 4-6 weeks (which I think is standard for all their interview dates, but not 100% sure). I got my WL email exactly 4 weeks post-interview.How long yall normally waiting for post-interview decisions?
D
deleted1157211
it is for mefor those with wl, is it showing up under the choose your medical school tool on amcas?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1179200
I just realized I received a call from their office on Thursday (was at work and thought it was a spam call so forgot to call back). Do they always reach out for IIs via telephone? I never received any further email correspondence…
Yup just make sure to call em back whenever they’re open.I just realized I received a call from their office on Thursday (was at work and thought it was a spam call so forgot to call back). Do they always reach out for IIs via telephone? I never received any further email correspondence…
Does anyone know what the chances are for OOS WL Top Tier of getting an A?
chipeachi
Full Member
I think if you pick earlier, you would probably get your decision earlier. But I’ve seen some schools prove this not true. Not sure on the trends for this school. 🤔Do u guys think it matters what day you pick?
+1 OOS II! buzzer beater lol
doglover2002
Full Member
+1 OOS II! buzzer beater lol
congrats!! email or phone call?
OOS II this morning 2/27 LM high 60s!! I’ll be releasing this interview so I hope it goes to one of y'all 🤞
Btw they’re scheduling interviews for Mar 13 & 15 currently
+1 OOS II! buzzer beater lol
When were you both complete?
congrats!! email or phone call?
When were you both complete?
Aug 23rd
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
What’s the II -> decision turnaround time looking like at this point in the cycle?
Didn’t you just get a buzzer beater for Rush too lol+1 OOS II! buzzer beater lol
nevermind i found it!anyone know how long the II are time wise?
Didn’t you just get a buzzer beater for Rush too lol
yea lol clutch update letter
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr. Doofenshmirtz Inc.
Full Member
Yall know why some of us got phone calls for IIs, and others got emails? Is this random?
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Anyone what time the info session usually is on the Wednesday?
10:00AM ESTAnyone what time the info session usually is on the Wednesday?
brainsonmymind
Full Member
I got a phone call because they had a last-minute cancellation and had a slot to fill, I suspect that's the case for the people who got phone calls. The admissions lady said she had called a bunch of people and I was the first to call back. I think they're probably seeing more movement with the choose your med school tool open and therefor able to offer last minute interviewsYall know why some of us got phone calls for IIs, and others got emails? Is this random?
Aug 3rdWhen were you both complete?
IS II earlier this week!!! So excited!!!
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
How did you guys prepare for this interview? I was looking at the EVMS interview questions others posted but there are just so many. Anyone have any tips?
Any current students at EVMS able to dm me for a few Q's?
OOS II
coolaid2342
Full Member
OOS II
Congrats! When were you completed?
OOS II, cannot believe it, was prob complete in August lol
is the interview MMI or regular?
is the interview MMI or regular?
Panel, I had adcom + 2 students taking turns asking questions. More like a traditional interview, think they ask new 'standard' questions each month.OOS II, cannot believe it, was prob complete in August lol
is the interview MMI or regular?
PothosDeliciosa
New Member
Just received II, IS, submitted secondaries in Late September. 🫡🫡
Dm'ed just nowAny current students at EVMS able to dm me for a few Q's?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RespRate18
Full Member
OOS post-II WL today, given WL tier immediately after emailing as well. Interviewed 2/7
OOS post-II WL today, interviewed early February and was informed I'm in the middle tier.
Though I have no idea if they even pull from the middle tier, so if someone has more information on my odds with this school at this point, it'll be helpful in providing some sort of orienting for me. [emoji43][emoji94][emoji854]
Though I have no idea if they even pull from the middle tier, so if someone has more information on my odds with this school at this point, it'll be helpful in providing some sort of orienting for me. [emoji43][emoji94][emoji854]
Are they still going to accept people off of the March interviews or is it more just to interview people for the waitlist?
OOS post-II WL today, interviewed early February and was informed I'm in the middle tier.
Though I have no idea if they even pull from the middle tier, so if someone has more information on my odds with this school at this point, it'll be helpful in providing some sort of orienting for me. [emoji43][emoji94][emoji854]
Found out just now I'm also middle tier so giving this a bump since any insight at this point would be appreciated lol.