2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my A, hope it helps one of you guys out 🙂

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For how many people on the waitlist is EVMS their only choice? Any more people that will likely withdraw their A? Going a little crazy here

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For how many people on the waitlist is EVMS their only choice? Any more people that will likely withdraw their A? Going a little crazy here

It's not my only choice but it is my top choice. I have a DO school acceptance where I see myself being happy, but I'd really love to be at this school lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone recently received acceptance off the waitlist?

Has anyone recently received acceptance off the waitlist?

I would be really surprised if we saw much movement before the end of April. I'm fully expecting everything to start rolling after the April 30th CTE deadline.

It's not my only choice but it is my top choice. I have a DO school acceptance where I see myself being happy, but I'd really love to be at this school lol.
Just curious, how come you don't have to commit to enroll for your DO school by the 30th? I though you guys had to commit super early and pay a deposit. I half heartedly say good luck to you lol it's my only chance right now

Just curious, how come you don't have to commit to enroll for your DO school by the 30th? I though you guys had to commit super early and pay a deposit. I half heartedly say good luck to you lol it's my only chance right now
No worries I understand. They function similarly to MD schools in that you have to pay an initial deposit to save your seat. But they don't have a commit deadline the same way MD schools do. They know a lot of folks who apply DO also apply MD, so the initial deposit seems to be a lot more expensive to compensate for the fact they're going to a lose a few folks to the MD side.

Reactions: 1 user
Midtier waitlist to acceptance. Probably withdrawing but hoping to see financial aid first

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you send in a letter of intent?
Thank you! I’m so excited, it’s my first acceptance! I didn’t have the chance to send a LOI. I was waitlisted at around 10:30 AM yesterday and received the A an hour later.

Last edited:
Thank you! I’m so excited, it’s my first acceptance! I didn’t have the chance to send a LOI. I was waitlisted at around 10:30 AM yesterday and received the A an hour later.
Bruh thats crazy i feel like since they do the quick waitlist to A for sm ppl i dont have a chance since i was waitlisted in november😭

• Care
  • Sad
Bruh thats crazy i feel like since they do the quick waitlist to A for sm ppl i dont have a chance since i was waitlisted in november😭
same.. I've been waitlisted since January and seeing all these quick As is disheartening...

• Care
same.. I've been waitlisted since January and seeing all these quick As is disheartening...
Likewise, OOS WL since early February. It seems like everyone who was recently taken off the waitlist are from the last round of interviews in March. Maybe admissions is planning to circle back to re-review us folks who were waitlisted earlier after the PTE deadline (April 30)?

Withdrawing because they won’t be able to get the financial aid packages out in time

• Care
Withdrawing because they won’t be able to get the financial aid packages out in time
Did they say when they’d have information about it? I’m still on the WL but I have an A to my state school, so wondering if there’s any point waiting around on the WL

Did they say when they’d have information about it? I’m still on the WL but I have an A to my state school, so wondering if there’s any point waiting around on the WL
they basically said i wouldn’t get it until AFTER paying deposit, so 1) i couldn’t get a refund for seat deposit in time 2) it would take them several days to be able to make a package anyways so i for sure wouldn’t know before PTE deadline

Reactions: 1 users
To all those withdrawing from the WL or acceptances, truly thank you from the bottom of my heart lol

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just withdrew my position from the waitlist! OOS mid tier! Good luck everyone still waiting!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hey Y'all. I was accepted a couple of weeks ago but I don't have Facebook so I haven't been able to join the class 2028 med class GroupMe. Can another student please DM me the link

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my acceptance! Hopefully, it goes to one of you lovely people. Good luck!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users