-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Eastern Virginia
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations to everyone accepted yesterday!! Did any OOS waitlisters hear anything?
citylights
Full Member
I’m OOS and haven’t heard anything yet :/Congratulations to everyone accepted yesterday!! Did any OOS waitlisters hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
floydbongo
New Member
OOS just accepted off waitlist top tier - email @ 1:18 today 🙂
Just got accepted OOS top tier waitlist, email around 3:30pm, feeling super greatful
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Just got accepted OOS top tier waitlist, email around 3:30pm, feeling super greatful
They workin on the weekends too [emoji102]
OOS A! Top of WL interviewed 10/4 WL on 11/17/23. Will be declining!
Aye congrats man! Time to celebrate, you earned it!!OOS A!! Middle tier, email at 15:18 CST. Interviewed 3/13, WL 4/17. This is my first A and I’m so thrilled that I can go to med school 😭😭
BravoClearance
New Member
Got accepted off the waitlist (OOS) on Saturday 5/4 at 4:18 PM Eastern via email. I'm a non-traditional applicant and was top tier waitlist.
Timeline in hopes it helps someone: primary submitted 8/11/2023, secondary invite received 8/21/2023, secondary submitted 10/10/2023, interview invite 3/15/2024 via phone call, interview 3/27/2024, waitlisted 4/17/2024.
Timeline in hopes it helps someone: primary submitted 8/11/2023, secondary invite received 8/21/2023, secondary submitted 10/10/2023, interview invite 3/15/2024 via phone call, interview 3/27/2024, waitlisted 4/17/2024.
PothosDeliciosa
New Member
Can someone please explain how to get into the Facebook group 🙂
PothosDeliciosa
New Member
Same! Just was gearing up to do the whole reapply and have a crappy summer…. Now I get to travel and get ready for med school 😇OOS A!! Middle tier, email at 15:18 CST. Interviewed 3/13, WL 4/17. This is my first A and I’m so thrilled that I can go to med school 😭😭
Really in some ways they don't. It's all about hitting goals for all the various categories of students. So schools will leap all over the applicant pool to meet their pre-determined ratios. If anyone thought the Supreme Court ruling was going to affect college admissions they had no understanding that colleges had already taken steps to ensure they could get around that.Seems like the tiers don't matter too much! Congrats!!!
D
deleted1179200
Withdrawing OOS WL—good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got the A and also cheering on the best for everyone still waiting to hear back!
Here is the link for the accepted students Facebook page for EVMS MD c/o 2028. GroupMe and other important/relevant links will be contained within it!
Facebook
www.facebook.com
Also, to the person who asked if we have mandatory lectures: no (thankfully lol). You can choose to go if you want, but the lectures are also recorded and posted to a video portal for those who want to watch it at their own pace
Here is the link for the accepted students Facebook page for EVMS MD c/o 2028. GroupMe and other important/relevant links will be contained within it!
Also, to the person who asked if we have mandatory lectures: no (thankfully lol). You can choose to go if you want, but the lectures are also recorded and posted to a video portal for those who want to watch it at their own pace
citylights
Full Member
I sent an update letter yesterday and never received confirmation that they got it -- should I follow up with them?
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
I sent an update letter yesterday and never received confirmation that they got it -- should I follow up with them?
I’d wait a few days before following up. I sent them one this week and it took a little longer than they usually do to send the confirmation.
citylights
Full Member
good to know - thanks!I’d wait a few days before following up. I sent them one this week and it took a little longer than they usually do to send the confirmation.
They told me WebAdmit has been down since yesterday but they'd lmk when it's back up & confirm the update receiptgood to know - thanks!
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Any decisions after that big wave last weekend
Can you message me your stats? also where u did your undergrad? Congrats on the ACan someone please explain how to get into the Facebook group 🙂
Fingers crossed for some this week since it’s seems to have been pretty quiet last week🤞🏼🤞🏼Any expected movement soon?
I haven’t been able to open itIs the app portal supposed to be closed? Or still open?
Has anyone called admissions and asked if there will be any more WL movement this month??
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Has anyone called admissions and asked if there will be any more WL movement this month??
I sure hope there is [emoji22]
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
[emoji99]
citylights
Full Member
Wondering if there will be some movement next week after the med master's students get their acceptances (I think graduation was today, and I know they find out post grad) and they get an idea of how many MM students will accept?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know some med masters have already recieved their acceptances. There was some changes in the structure of the program/classes. Regardless still hoping for some movement next week too!
mcattooeasy
Full Member
Maybe 20 more seats? Facebook group currently has 132 members.
Accepted IS off waitlist early last week, but withdrew A. Was a tough decision to make, but hoping it goes to one of you deserving candidates.
Thanks!! Were you Top or mid tier if you happen to know your tier list?Accepted IS off waitlist early last week, but withdrew A. Was a tough decision to make, but hoping it goes to one of you deserving candidates.
I never emailed EVMS to find out my waitlist tier this cycle, but I did interview with them last cycle as well and was waitlisted top-tier, so 99% sure I was top-tier waitlist this cycle as well.Thanks!! Were you Top or mid tier if you happen to know your tier list?
OOS top tier A today by email!! Beyond excited 🙂
My friend who's an M1 at EVMS informed me that the medical school is officially changing its name to reflect the merger with ODU...So those of us who think we're getting our MD degree from "eastern virginia medical school", we're not....
Still getting that MD tho lol not stopping me from praying for that AMy friend who's an M1 at EVMS informed me that the medical school is officially changing its name to reflect the merger with ODU...So those of us who think we're getting our MD degree from "eastern virginia medical school", we're not...
samhangster
New Member
I was told by the directer of admissions that the opposite was true and that EMVS would never be changing their name.My friend who's an M1 at EVMS informed me that the medical school is officially changing its name to reflect the merger with ODU...So those of us who think we're getting our MD degree from "eastern virginia medical school", we're not....
ChaChaSlide
Full Member
Does ODU x EVMS mean we'll have more research for residents and students, I wonder what other things will happen because of it. I'm pretty sure EVMS students can use the gym at ODU starting in July which is pretty neat.
Things have changed in the last couple months-- The admissions department and many other faculty didn't even know until just recentlyI was told by the directer of admissions that the opposite was true and that EMVS would never be changing their name.
Last edited:
No idea about research but definitely more facilities!!Does ODU x EVMS mean we'll have more research for residents and students, I wonder what other things will happen because of it. I'm pretty sure EVMS students can use the gym at ODU starting in July which is pretty neat.
For those still on the waitlist - did anyone else get the choose your medical school email this morning?
I did not, wonder what that means! Hoping for the best for u!For those still on the waitlist - did anyone else get the choose your medical school email this morning?
I did too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you PTEd somewhere else? They were emailing to see if we were still interestedI did not, wonder what that means! Hoping for the best for u!
From my understanding it seems more like they're emailing to see if we're no longer interested. Are yall still replying to express interest?Are you PTEd somewhere else? They were emailing to see if we were still interested
I am notAre you PTEd somewhere else? They were emailing to see if we were still interested
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Has this school had any waitlist movement the past like 2 months?
spaghettimaster69
Full Member
Last year, no one reported getting off since early juneHas this school had any waitlist movement the past like 2 months?