-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Georgetown
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS pre-II R complete 8/7
+1OOS R also complete on 7/28, it’s like clockwork
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R today at one of my top choices. Grew up in DC underprivileged, my app was geared towards community service towards underserved communities, good stats. Not sure what else I could've done. Sad end to the week 🙁
Did you receive an email?OOS Pre-II R completed 8/15
Banksyluv89
Full Member
It's because you're too good for themR today at one of my top choices. Grew up in DC underprivileged, my app was geared towards community service towards underserved communities, good stats. Not sure what else I could've done. Sad end to the week 🙁

yes...oh well. Good luck to you all!!Did you receive an email?
polarbear4110
Full Member
when do you guys think they will send another A wave?
D
deleted1124957
Did anyone hear back that interviewed last week of September?
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
Did anyone hear back that interviewed last week of September?
not yet [emoji2368]
cellculture4L
Full Member
from last years sdn, it looks like first round of decisions released late october and the second round was in early NovemberDid anyone hear back that interviewed last week of September?
peter_lambda
Full Member
OOS R 10/5, little late hehe but I'm hyped 🙂
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
the wait for these schools is killing meeeee, interview 9/28 here and earlier for others and have heard nada
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1124957
Closed, 1 interviewer.Is the interview open or closed file? Also, do you typically talk to just one or two interviewers?
OOS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/24.
Mine was mid-December.OOS II LM 76 complete 8/15! But the first available interview date is in January, is that the case for anyone else?
Submitted 10/5 and received an R?OOS R 10/5, little late hehe but I'm hyped 🙂
wigglyextrovert
Full Member
same for meOOS II LM 76 complete 8/15! But the first available interview date is in January, is that the case for anyone else?
peter_lambda
Full Member
Nah submitted back in July. R was on 10/5Submitted 10/5 and received an R?
cellculture4L
Full Member
Has there been any post-II decisions released recently?
pancakemixer
Full Member
Does anyone have any tips for the georgetown interview? I've heard it's pretty conversational, but since it's closed file I was wondering if anyone had tips or pointers. 🙂
Also wonderingDoes anyone have any tips for the georgetown interview? I've heard it's pretty conversational, but since it's closed file I was wondering if anyone had tips or pointers. 🙂
Doesn't seem like it. It says online (and I remember them saying something similar during the info session) that you should be notified of a decision 8-10 weeks after your interview.Has there been any post-II decisions released recently?
MambaDoc
Full Member
They told us 13 weeks after interview.Doesn't seem like it. It says online (and I remember them saying something similar during the info session) that you should be notified of a decision 8-10 weeks after your interview.
norinori88
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R today RIP
Banksyluv89
Full Member
Their loss. What was your submission date?OOS Pre-II R today RIP
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
norinori88
Full Member
Complete 7/20! I'm not that salty about the R but I did get the email when I was... in the middle of an interview... lol. I saw the notification pop up on my screen and was like D:Their loss. What was your submission date?
D
deleted1124957
Yes, yes, if you want.Questions about virtual tour. How should I dress for this? Are they expecting us to interact? Should I prepare questions?
mednerd2000
Full Member
Just got waitlisted
when did you interview?Just got waitlisted
missgirl123
New Member
Interviewed 9/15 and got waitlisted
Sneakercat98
Full Member
Waitlisted. Do people get off their waitlist or is this pretty much an R? Definitely my top choice
D
deleted1124957
Tonsssss of people get off. But they're one of the few schools that's very stingy and loves to have applicants beg.Waitlisted. Do people get off their waitlist or is this pretty much an R? Definitely my top choice
AKA get the LOI ready.
mednerd2000
Full Member
That’s good to know lol. Letter of interest is basically just sucking up to them right? Or do I need to be able to provide significant updates too? And at what point would it be good to start sending?Tonsssss of people get off. But they're one of the few schools that's very stingy and loves to have applicants beg.
AKA get the LOI ready.
mednerd2000
Full Member
9/19when did you interview?
D
deleted1124957
Pretty sure to have the best odds it should straight up be a letter of intent, not interest. Basically saying if given the chance, you will matriculate.That’s good to know lol. Letter of interest is basically just sucking up to them right? Or do I need to be able to provide significant updates too? And at what point would it be good to start sending?
Adding a small update and talking about your interest in matriculating would probably be the best idea.
OOS pre-II R 10/5! LM 75.1, secondary received 7/24, submitted 7/27
I submitted an update on clinical experience and recent research publications before the interview. There is no place for a LOI, unless I am missing something on the app...should that be mailed out then?Pretty sure to have the best odds it should straight up be a letter of intent, not interest. Basically saying if given the chance, you will matriculate.
Adding a small update and talking about your interest in matriculating would probably be the best idea.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1124957
Once you interview you get an 'Post-Submission Updates' tab which you can submit an LOI, until then you can't ig.I submitted an update on clinical experience and recent research publications before the interview. There is no place for a LOI, unless I am missing something on the app...should that be mailed out then?
Is anyone else's post submission form say its closed? I was thinking of sending an update letter but it says the form is closed.
goodfornothingpremed
Full Member
not for me, and maybe i'm delulu but maybe that means they boutta accept you so they closed the form !! manifesting for yaIs anyone else's post submission form say its closed? I was thinking of sending an update letter but it says the form is closed.
Just checked the portal and mine says closed as well (got the A a couple weeks ago). Fingers crossed for you friend!Is anyone else's post submission form say its closed? I was thinking of sending an update letter but it says the form is closed.
student159
Full Member
When do you guys recommend sending a LOI to them post waitlist?