You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Georgetown
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anybody complete in early August gotten an II or R yet?
secure-delay-1314
Full Member
OOS R LM 78 🙁 I love DC and Georgetown so this was a big big sad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS R just now.
druidcookie
Full Member
Caught the R as well. LM 69 Complete 7/26. Best of luck everyone!
OOS Pre-II R, Complete 7/29
angryBird23
Full Member
I interviewed on August 23rd and they said that was the first week of interviewshoping it’s quicker lol, does anyone know the earliest dates people interviewed
Complete 8/4 and haven’t heard back yet.Anybody complete in early August gotten an II or R yet?
OOS pre-II R, complete 7/28. Third R and still no IIs, which is disheartening 🙁
horsegirl_doctor
Full Member
OOS pre-II R. LM 72 and complete 7/19. Georgetown adcoms are being some real haters this week.
OOS R complete 8/1 LM 81Anybody complete in early August gotten an II or R yet?
ruralfistula
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SameOOS pre-II R. LM 72 and complete 7/19. Georgetown adcoms are being some real haters this week.
I am in the same boat lmaoOOS pre-II R, complete 7/28. Third R and still no IIs, which is disheartening 🙁
ambiguous toad
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R Complete 7/28
D
deleted1169361
OOS Pre-II R complete 7/28. that email was a little harsh but oh well.
ooh how did they word it?OOS Pre-II R complete 7/28. that email was a little harsh but oh well.
8/22 i believehoping it’s quicker lol, does anyone know the earliest dates people interviewed
FutureDocNY
Full Member
First time posting - but is "application" ready on portal mean the same thing as "complete" or "under review". Language different with every school.
That means that application is ready for review.First time posting - but is "application" ready on portal mean the same thing as "complete" or "under review". Language different with every school.
FutureDocNY
Full Member
So it hasn't been reviewed yet?That means that application is ready for review.
ooh how did they word it?
“Thank you for expressing interest in Georgetown University School of Medicine. The Office of Admissions has completed a holistic review of your application for admission to the Class of 2028. After a comprehensive review, the Committee has decided that we will not be offering you an interview in the 2023-2024 application cycle.
As decisions are made in strict confidentiality, we are unable to provide you with individual feedback. We emphasize five major areas without assigning weight to a particular section, detailed in the Guide to Application at md.georgetown.edu. Re-applicants are encouraged to review these areas prior to submitting a new application.
We wish you well in your future endeavors.”
ScreamingMüller
New Member
OOS Pre-II R, ngl this one stung my ego a bit.
please.accept.me15
Full Member
OOS R also complete on 7/28, it’s like clockwork
ComfortableCup4677
Full Member
+1OOS R also complete on 7/28, it’s like clockwork
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
boomchickapow
Full Member
just got the pre-II R 🙁
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
Completion date?just got the pre-II R 🙁
boomchickapow
Full Member
8/2Completion date?
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
Sorry 🙁 --My completion date was 8/9, and I feel the wave coming. In your signature what does IA stand for?
boomchickapow
Full Member
interviews attended!Sorry 🙁 --My completion date was 8/9, and I feel the wave coming. In your signature what does IA stand for?
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
Oh, nice! I was like, context clues indicate that it is probably to institutional action lolinterviews attended!
My completion date is 8/18 so I feel that. I'm hoping they do another wave of IIs before the rejections come in.Sorry 🙁 --My completion date was 8/9, and I feel the wave coming. In your signature what does IA stand for?
finessinoganesson
Full Member
Pre-II R, complete 7/15
OOS Pre-II R complete 7/28. that email was a little harsh but oh well.
Was the status of your application portal changed?OOS II early today, complete 8/15
Alhumdullilah
OOS Pre-II R complete 7/28. that email was a little harsh but oh well.
Was your application portal status changed?Pre-II R, complete 7/15
finessinoganesson
Full Member
No, my portal still says "application is ready!" I got an email.Was your application portal status changed?
Thanks!No, my portal still says "application is ready!" I got an email.
Best interview I’ve had yet! Pleasantly surprised considering its a closed interview
For anyone who has submitted updates: did the system also get rid of all the line breaks when you entered the text? Also, it says that you can't edit after submitting, but mine still lets me. I didn't get any confirmation of receipt of my update letter, so I was wondering if this was the same for other people too
Yup same thingFor anyone who has submitted updates: did the system also get rid of all the line breaks when you entered the text? Also, it says that you can't edit after submitting, but mine still lets me. I didn't get any confirmation of receipt of my update letter, so I was wondering if this was the same for other people too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
letthemusicplay
New Member
Do they tell you the name of the interviewer before the interview?
They do notDo they tell you the name of the interviewer before the interview?
OOS II, complete in mid-July
+1, OOS II, complete July 24OOS II, complete in mid-July