2023-2024 Georgetown

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm curious on whether any current medical students or anyone else can help me on this. I submitted five weeks ago, and I'm thinking about submitting a letter-of-interest in as an update on their portal.

My application (especially my secondary) is very service oriented but I recently began a gap year job in social justice / advocacy so I want to re-emphasize that part of my app. Does GT appreciate updates like that included in LOI? Or should I wait a bit longer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone thinking of sending updates, did you only submit to the portal or also via "email admissions office" under communication status? TY ((🙂
 
Good luck with your other schools everyone! Did anyone who submitted in August get a R yet, because it seems like they've only sent to people who have submitted super early
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great! The information session was well put together, and I appreciated the longer 1-on-1 interview
Idk about your interview but mine was exactly 45 min (admissions said 35-45 min) and the shortest traditional I’ve had so far (n=3)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status is still marked as "your application is ready." Is it actively under review or waiting for review by the admission committee?