-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know if there is going to be an admitted students day or a second look day? Also can someone send the group me chat if available?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think no As went out yesterday because their adcom meets on Wednesdays (it was written somewhere earlier on this thread or a previous thread so i guess idk for certain). But hopefully your manifestation carries over to today lolMy manifestation didn’t work last night :/
Y’all better join tonight. What did we used to do for snow days? a cold spoon under your pillow? maybe ill just write "acceptance" on a piece of paper and put it under my pillow.
This was the 18th week after my II I think (+/- a week or two) and finally got the call. They're just slowhas anyone had any luck reaching out to the admissions office about their application status or is this a big no-no? 16 weeks and counting since II and the wait has been brutal 😔
cemetaryFaIry7
Full Member
They gave me a lot of different options but all were after the admission day session (within a week).For interview scheduling, it mentioned that they will reach out closer to your admissions day session to schedule. Should I anticipate the interview to be before, on, or after admissions day?
TheDono63rd
Full Member
They called me last week, but I missed the phone call... and I called back a few times and emailed them but no response anyone else in the same boat?
Yea they'll send the email eventually lol. Congrats 🙂They called me last week, but I missed the phone call... and I called back a few times and emailed them but no response anyone else in the same boat?
In last years thread people who reached out were told basically “we’ll tell you by March/April” lol. Maybe an expert like @wysdoc could chime in if I’m wrong but I don’t think asking for a timeline in a respectful, professional manner could really backfire (as in make them go let’s just reject this person). Especially if you reiterate your interest in the school and gas them up lol. But the experts would probably also say patience is a virtue and we just gotta waiti really wanna email the admissions office to ask about my status but don't know if that might backfire lol.
TheDono63rd
Full Member
?? You think A?Yea they'll send the email eventually lol. Congrats 🙂
Can't say with 100% certainty, but same thing happened to me 🙂?? You think A?
i think theyll prob send some more next week, i dont think they send any on fridaysDo you guys think they’re sending acceptances today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Praying for a late II. Don’t leave me on the continued interest 😭
good luck! when was your last continued interest email.Praying for a late II. Don’t leave me on the continued interest 😭
good luck! when was your last continued interest email.
First and only on 10/26. Others got it then too but they got II and I didn’t 😭 I get it though, I don’t have the stats.
Ah. I of course am no expert, but I would consider it a sort of hold then. It has been a while since October. They seem to send out interviews briefly after sending that email if interested, because that means that they probably reviewed your app. You are a CA applicant and I think they tend to be more friendly to local applicants later in the cycle. They also tend to email all the way till the end so I would hold out hope, but I would still try to manage expectations i.e dont expect anything. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you get accepted (and I hope I do too lol).First and only on 10/26. Others got it then too but they got II and I didn’t 😭 I get it though, I don’t have the stats.
Last edited:
Has anyone gotten more than one “continued interest” email and how long was it before you received an II? My first one was on 10/27 and my second one was 2/8.
mambamentality81
Full Member
which day of the week do you think they send them?i think theyll prob send some more next week, i dont think they send any on fridays
im not sure lol im just hoping that they would send some this weekwhich day of the week do you think they send them?
I’ve seen it to be mostly Fridays based on last cycle and this but last week there was a bunch on Tuesdaywhich day of the week do you think they send them?
Who is Mellissa Corley on the group me??? Have we been hacked already haha
How long until after an II will they call to schedule an interview
Usually a week or soHow long until after an II will they call to schedule an interview
D
deleted929944
Who is Mellissa Corley on the group me??? Have we been hacked already haha
Actually, last year, there were a bunch of groups started for various schools. They were made by a certain med school consultant. So be careful. You never know who create groupmes and facebook group and such.
cuddlycactus
Full Member
For anyone who sent updates, do we upload this to the portal? Is there any confirmation or reply stating that it was received?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i uploaded mine to the portal but never received any confirmationFor anyone who sent updates, do we upload this to the portal? Is there any confirmation or reply stating that it was received?
Hi! I'm a current student. If anyone has questions about the school, happy to answer!
How long does it usually take for them to get back to us after interviews if you don’t mindHi! I'm a current student. If anyone has questions about the school, happy to answer!
I think it varies! I heard back 2 weeks after my interview but one of my friends heard back a few months after her interview. I was accepted back in 2021, so things might be different now too.How long does it usually take for them to get back to us after interviews if you don’t mind
Ahhh I see. Thanks!I think it varies! I heard back 2 weeks after my interview but one of my friends heard back a few months after her interview. I was accepted back in 2021, so things might be different now too.
Took me October to last week to get the A callHow long does it usually take for them to get back to us after interviews if you don’t mind
Oof ok thanks!Took me October to last week to get the A call
Are exams in-house or NBME?Hi! I'm a current student. If anyone has questions about the school, happy to answer!
How many classes/week are you required to attend lecture?
Thank you!
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
For anyone questioning how long it takes to hear back I asked today since they had an admissions day session with student affairs and financial aid! They told me it’s generally 1-4 weeks after your interview, and it truly depends on how quick your interviewer gets their evaluation in and how quick they can sign you up for the adcom review. They did emphasize though that they meet weekly so they are making decisions on a regular basis! Remember no news is good news and I’m hoping that all of us who severely want to go here get in!! Good luck everyone!!! <3
Pre-clinical exams are in-house but very similar content wise to NBME material on STEP 1 imo. I used mostly outside resources for studying and didn't have any issues with the exams. Shelf exams are NBME.Are exams in-house or NBME?
How many classes/week are you required to attend lecture?
Thank you!
You are required to attend pre-clinical lectures. I remember there being like 2-4 lecture courses per day four days a week and one day of small group class (clinical skills, human dimensions, or case-based learning). During rotations, lectures are mostly remote via zoom.
No prob!!
II today, OOS.
When were you complete?II today, OOS.
D
deleted929944
Hi! I'm a current student. If anyone has questions about the school, happy to answer!
If M1, how's your social life?
If M2, how's rotation been so far?
If M3, did you do the 3 year track and already know where you're heading?
If M4, are you just goofing off waiting for match day?
has anyone who interviewed here actually heard back within 4 weeks? just curious since it's been almost 12 for me and it seems even those who heard back waited 8+ weeksFor anyone questioning how long it takes to hear back I asked today since they had an admissions day session with student affairs and financial aid! They told me it’s generally 1-4 weeks after your interview, and it truly depends on how quick your interviewer gets their evaluation in and how quick they can sign you up for the adcom review. They did emphasize though that they meet weekly so they are making decisions on a regular basis! Remember no news is good news and I’m hoping that all of us who severely want to go here get in!! Good luck everyone!!! <3
dotsquared
Full Member
Still waiting at 18 weekshas anyone who interviewed here actually heard back within 4 weeks? just curious since it's been almost 12 for me and it seems even those who heard back waited 8+ weeks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For me, not counting my second interview, it was a little under 12 weeks from the interview to the decisionhas anyone who interviewed here actually heard back within 4 weeks? just curious since it's been almost 12 for me and it seems even those who heard back waited 8+ weeks
cupcake311
Full Member
Whats the area code of the number that calls you?
862*******
M4 here. Yes I'm goofing off waiting for match day. That's what M4s do!If M1, how's your social life?
If M2, how's rotation been so far?
If M3, did you do the 3 year track and already know where you're heading?
If M4, are you just goofing off waiting for match day?
Just got an email about my financial aid offer. I got 25k, which is what their website says you get for having FAP