You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Johns Hopkins
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
StinkyToes
Full Member
Does anyone know if Hopkins has an update/LOI policy? If they accept them, do we just email them?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You do not get the names!Anyone who has interviewed here yet knows whether we get the names of our interviewers?
Me submitting like 2 weeks ago: 😬+1 OOS II, complete mid-July, LM 82.5. Guess they're circling back!!
They in for a real sweet suprise when they get to your app 🥵🥵🥵 straight HEATMe submitting like 2 weeks ago: 😬
D
deleted1139705
Ayo in the middle of my secondary last week I looked at the Johns Hopkins sGPA median and wrote a sincere apology for applying to the school. So you're doing better than me.Me submitting like 2 weeks ago: 😬
Even though I didn't apply here, should I send the update letter with 3 pages of "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" and a photo of me crying? Sounds like a good first impression honestly.Ayo in the middle of my secondary last week I looked at the Johns Hopkins sGPA median and wrote a sincere apology for applying to the school. So you're doing better than me.
D
deleted1167724
OOS II!! complete mid-July
OOS II!! complete mid-July
Johnnyyyy, I’ve seen what you’ve done for others… [emoji6]
OOS II!! complete mid-July
Nice!! Do you know when they’re scheduling out to?
D
deleted1167724
Early nov 🙂Nice!! Do you know when they’re scheduling out to?
D
deleted1167274
Does anyone know if an early November II date will have my decision released in the December wave or would I more likely get bumped to January?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had an interview this week and they said we would find out in December. They did word it in a way as if to imply that this interview cohort would be one of the last to be released in the first wave. Take that as you will, but I imagine that interviews after October are unlikely to be released in December. Just postulating though.Does anyone know if an early November II date will have my decision released in the December wave or would I more likely get bumped to January?
Last edited:
JukeBoxHeroo
Full Member
midWhat's the usual timing of the "December Wave"? Early, mid, right before the holidays? Thanks!
shewhobagstea
Full Member
OOS II!!!!!! first one of the season too :,). Complete mid-July, and LM 69 (I am so below their MCAT median I am floored)
notanorthobro
Full Member
I did. I just emailed [email protected] and they replied (very nicely too tbh).Hi! Did anyone send an update letter here post interview? If so, did you just email ms Mazza?
Thank you!!I did. I just emailed [email protected] and they replied (very nicely too tbh).
JukeBoxHeroo
Full Member
In the interview they said to email Ms. Mazza. I did and she replied saying she'll add it to my file.Hi! Did anyone send an update letter here post interview? If so, did you just email ms Mazza?
RizzingOOS II, im in shock cuz i messed up on their secondaries--used the same paragraph for two separate essays, LM 78.5
Congrats!! That must have been an amazing paragraph lolOOS II, im in shock cuz i messed up on their secondaries--used the same paragraph for two separate essays, LM 78.5
Also, how far out are they scheduling?
hopefullymed12
New Member
Mid-November -- they still had spots for later this week!Congrats!! That must have been an amazing paragraph lol
Also, how far out are they scheduling?
eatyourapples
Full Member
For anyone thats interviewed, how does the scheduling work? is it through the portal? or is it scheduled through email? I only ask because I hopkins doesn't use the amp portal that a lot of other schools use which has the schedule interview tab and calendar.
Thanks!
Thanks!
You get an email to schedule through another portal.For anyone thats interviewed, how does the scheduling work? is it through the portal? or is it scheduled through email? I only ask because I hopkins doesn't use the amp portal that a lot of other schools use which has the schedule interview tab and calendar.
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When are they scheduling to King Labe?OOS II complete early July
Early DecemberWhen are they scheduling to King Labe?
GOATEDOOS II complete early July
OOS II, complete mid July!! Been getting IIs from multiple schools this week after a month of no invites so in shock right now
eatyourapples
Full Member
when are they scheduling interviews to?OOS II, complete mid July!! Been getting IIs from multiple schools this week after a month of no invites so in shock right now
Latest date was December 15!when are they scheduling interviews to?
Adding data point here, OOS II received around the afternoon. Complete 8/1
I'm so grateful and excited!!!
I'm so grateful and excited!!!
eatyourapples
Full Member
Can i ask what the earliest date they are scheduling to? and what your stats are?Adding data point here, OOS II received around the afternoon. Complete 8/1
I'm so grateful and excited!!!
The earliest dates I saw were in late November, LM 76.4Can i ask what the earliest date they are scheduling to? and what your stats are?
Anyone know if JHU accepts pre-interview update letters? I found this under their FAQ: "JHUSOM Office of Admissions does not accept updates to your AMCAS application or for the secondary application." but I've seen a couple ppl send in post-interview updates
shewhobagstea
Full Member
They only accept post-II updates.Anyone know if JHU accepts pre-interview update letters? I found this under their FAQ: "JHUSOM Office of Admissions does not accept updates to your AMCAS application or for the secondary application." but I've seen a couple ppl send in post-interview updates
IS II, complete late July !!
secure-delay-1314
Full Member
OOS II today!! LM 78 and completed in end of July! OMGOMGOMG
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
luckycharms!
Full Member
congrats y’all!! how far out are they with scheduling?
secure-delay-1314
Full Member
Also am I just stupid or is the
The only available dates I'm seeing is first week of Januarycongrats y’all!! how far out are they with scheduling?
Heyo, I ended up losing all of my bookmarks for the portals and Hopkins is the one I cannot find. Is there a link to the portal that someone could share?
Heyo, I ended up losing all of my bookmarks for the portals and Hopkins is the one I cannot find. Is there a link to the portal that someone could share?
Bumping on the reply, how far out are they scheduling?
There were available dates in the first and second weeks of January