2023-2024 Johns Hopkins

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Hopkins accept update letters? I thought on their website they said that they don't? Maybe I'm mistaken?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any tips for interviewing here? JHU is my first interview and I'm quite nervous. Also does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is?
Both interviews are allocated for 1 hour each, so be sure to have some in depth conversations! Not all interviewers will use the full hour though.


The post-II acceptance is about 40-50%.
 
Does anyone have any tips for interviewing here? JHU is my first interview and I'm quite nervous. Also does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is?
Best tip for this school is to show your passion for whatever it is you're talking about. Be excited about the research you're interested in (Hopkins is a very research heavy school). Post-II A is about 35-40%. Goodluck! Honestly the interview was really relaxed and the interviewers were super nice. Definitely my favorite interview of all the schools so far
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The wait is killing me! *Hypothetically*, if one were to call admissions, do you think they would be able to tell us what date to expect some news (Mon vs Tues vs Wed)? Or do they still not know themselves when this wave's decisions will be released?
 
The wait is killing me! *Hypothetically*, if one were to call admissions, do you think they would be able to tell us what date to expect some news (Mon vs Tues vs Wed)? Or do they still not know themselves when this wave's decisions will be released?
I believe they would know for sure. I don't know if they would tell us lol but it's maybe worth a try
 
Last edited:
The wait is killing me! *Hypothetically*, if one were to call admissions, do you think they would be able to tell us what date to expect some news (Mon vs Tues vs Wed)? Or do they still not know themselves when this wave's decisions will be released?
and let us know 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Decisions could be tomorrow. They could be the day after tomorrow. Or they could be the day after the day after tomorrow. I’m not losing my mind at all!!
At least it was a relatively quick turnaround. It was my last interview (unless I get another one by some miracle), but is gonna be just the third school to give me a final decision since these other ones want to drag things out lol