2023-2024 Johns Hopkins

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No so quick for those of us who believed we were in first batch but were not!

Rooting for you all!!!
did they tell you that you were in first batch, and then weren't? they told us our date (dec 8 for me) would hear back during this batch
 
did they tell you that you were in first batch, and then weren't? they told us our date (dec 8 for me) would hear back during this batch
Yup this is what happened lol, afterwards had to clarify with admissions that there was a mistake and we were not forgotten
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry if this has been asked before but how long do they take to give a decision after II?
decisions come out in three waves: mid-Dec, Late Jan, and Late March. Depends on when you interview is for which wave you will be in. I believe this late Jan wave comprises up to late December interviews, but someone can correct me if wrong
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG I got in. My first choice by far.

Will change my IsThisOverYet name when I figure out something clever--because it is over, I am literally done (unless someone is crazy enough to offer me a boatload of cash)!!

So hard to think right now!

Congrats all!
IMG_2152.gif
 
Does hopkins accept courses in urban studies and education to fulfill the humanities requirement? their website doesn't mention anything about those fields? is there an opportunity to explain on the secondary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats to everyone, and for those on the waitlist, I am rooting for you!! 🙂))
has hopkins not send any pre-II Rs this cycle yet? fingers crossed i don't jinx it given last year it was the day after As
 
Man this is so incredibly disheartening 🙁 I got WL by JHU.

Hopkins was the only school to give me an interview this year. I'm an international applicant, so ik standards are a lot higher for me, but so many of the other international students in this thread get multiple IIs from so many top schools. At first I thought I'm just a bad essay writer or my work and activities sucks compared to others or I have a really lame personal statement, and honestly that might all be true, but this interview meant the entire world to me and I feel like I just ruined a golden opportunity.

I know I at least didn't get outright rejected, but it looks as if there's more people posting about their WLs here than actual As so I am doubtful. Just gonna have to force myself to forget about this and bury any hopes of getting in off the WL, cuz I've been burned by these WLs far too often. Sorry if this post is against the rules or smthing, I won't post abt it again, I just don't have anyone in my life to explain my feelings to.
 
Man this is so incredibly disheartening 🙁 I got WL by JHU.

Hopkins was the only school to give me an interview this year. I'm an international applicant, so ik standards are a lot higher for me, but so many of the other international students in this thread get multiple IIs from so many top schools. At first I thought I'm just a bad essay writer or my work and activities sucks compared to others or I have a really lame personal statement, and honestly that might all be true, but this interview meant the entire world to me and I feel like I just ruined a golden opportunity.

I know I at least didn't get outright rejected, but it looks as if there's more people posting about their WLs here than actual As so I am doubtful. Just gonna have to force myself to forget about this and bury any hopes of getting in off the WL, cuz I've been burned by these WLs far too often. Sorry if this post is against the rules or smthing, I won't post abt it again, I just don't have anyone in my life to explain my feelings to.
Sending lots of love your way. Sdn is here for you <3 Always here to DM if you need anything. Remember that its not over till it's over!
 
Man this is so incredibly disheartening 🙁 I got WL by JHU.

Hopkins was the only school to give me an interview this year. I'm an international applicant, so ik standards are a lot higher for me, but so many of the other international students in this thread get multiple IIs from so many top schools. At first I thought I'm just a bad essay writer or my work and activities sucks compared to others or I have a really lame personal statement, and honestly that might all be true, but this interview meant the entire world to me and I feel like I just ruined a golden opportunity.

I know I at least didn't get outright rejected, but it looks as if there's more people posting about their WLs here than actual As so I am doubtful. Just gonna have to force myself to forget about this and bury any hopes of getting in off the WL, cuz I've been burned by these WLs far too often. Sorry if this post is against the rules or smthing, I won't post abt it again, I just don't have anyone in my life to explain my feelings to.
no worries. you can vent all you want here. this is a space for that. Just know that there's nothing wrong you did. If you did something wrong, you would have been outright rejected, and hopkins does reject about a 1/3 of the people they interview.

This is just an incredibly competitive process that requires a lot of luck, more than what people would like to think.

That being said, a lot of people do get off the WL here just because Hopkins, like a lot of other top schools, doesn't have a very high yield.