2023-2024 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sorry if this has been asked before but how long do they take to give a decision after II?

Members don't see this ad.

sorry if this has been asked before but how long do they take to give a decision after II?
decisions come out in three waves: mid-Dec, Late Jan, and Late March. Depends on when you interview is for which wave you will be in. I believe this late Jan wave comprises up to late December interviews, but someone can correct me if wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think they send it throughout the day?
If I remember right, in December, a couple of people got it earlier than everyone, else, but then there was a big wave about an hour after those first reports

Reactions: 2 users
I'm running under the assumption that there have been no notifcations yet today but it is true that last time someone posted about 45 mins to an hour before everyone else. Still, this post today is suspect. Congrats of course if it is legit. But seems fishy....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t believe notifications have gone out until IsThisOverYet? confirms

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
A now as well! I can’t believe it

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Eeeee congrats you guys!! Still nothing yet for me, we thinking there'll be a second wave in an hour? Or is that usually Wl/R

OMG I got in. My first choice by far.

Will change my IsThisOverYet name when I figure out something clever--because it is over, I am literally done (unless someone is crazy enough to offer me a boatload of cash)!!

So hard to think right now!

Congrats all!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
WL just now, congrats to everyone who got in!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also just got the A! Kind of shook!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
WL 😞 congrats to everyone who was accepted!

• Care
Post-II R dang I thought my interview went well. Congrats everyone!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Hit the A!!! First of the cycle - I'm going to take a nap because seven months of stress just flooded out

Congratulations to everyone!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
First A at hopkins, reapplicant 3x, gonna be a doctor!! so excited!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
OMG I got in. My first choice by far.

Will change my IsThisOverYet name when I figure out something clever--because it is over, I am literally done (unless someone is crazy enough to offer me a boatload of cash)!!

So hard to think right now!

Congrats all!
IMG_2152.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Just finished a congratulatory phone call from my faculty interviewer. This is all surreal!

• Love
Does hopkins accept courses in urban studies and education to fulfill the humanities requirement? their website doesn't mention anything about those fields? is there an opportunity to explain on the secondary?

Anyone else facing the dilemma that stanford discovery days and hopkins slw are the same dates???? 🥲🥲

Anyone else facing the dilemma that stanford discovery days and hopkins slw are the same dates???? 🥲🥲
Unfortunately you will find there is a LOT of overlap in April. That's how they getcha

Unfortunately you will find there is a LOT of overlap in April. That's how they getcha
How’s a girl supposed to decide where to spend the next four years if she can’t even decide where to spend a weekend in April 😭😭😭

Reactions: 1 users
How’s a girl supposed to decide where to spend the next four years if she can’t even decide where to spend a weekend in April 😭😭😭
Black magic rituals to guide your path forward. Can't go wrong with either though!

Reactions: 1 user
congrats to everyone, and for those on the waitlist, I am rooting for you!! :)))
has hopkins not send any pre-II Rs this cycle yet? fingers crossed i don't jinx it given last year it was the day after As

Man this is so incredibly disheartening :( I got WL by JHU.

Hopkins was the only school to give me an interview this year. I'm an international applicant, so ik standards are a lot higher for me, but so many of the other international students in this thread get multiple IIs from so many top schools. At first I thought I'm just a bad essay writer or my work and activities sucks compared to others or I have a really lame personal statement, and honestly that might all be true, but this interview meant the entire world to me and I feel like I just ruined a golden opportunity.

I know I at least didn't get outright rejected, but it looks as if there's more people posting about their WLs here than actual As so I am doubtful. Just gonna have to force myself to forget about this and bury any hopes of getting in off the WL, cuz I've been burned by these WLs far too often. Sorry if this post is against the rules or smthing, I won't post abt it again, I just don't have anyone in my life to explain my feelings to.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Hopkins was the only school to give me an interview this year. I'm an international applicant, so ik standards are a lot higher for me, but so many of the other international students in this thread get multiple IIs from so many top schools. At first I thought I'm just a bad essay writer or my work and activities sucks compared to others or I have a really lame personal statement, and honestly that might all be true, but this interview meant the entire world to me and I feel like I just ruined a golden opportunity.

I know I at least didn't get outright rejected, but it looks as if there's more people posting about their WLs here than actual As so I am doubtful. Just gonna have to force myself to forget about this and bury any hopes of getting in off the WL, cuz I've been burned by these WLs far too often. Sorry if this post is against the rules or smthing, I won't post abt it again, I just don't have anyone in my life to explain my feelings to.
Sending lots of love your way. Sdn is here for you <3 Always here to DM if you need anything. Remember that its not over till it's over!

no worries. you can vent all you want here. this is a space for that. Just know that there's nothing wrong you did. If you did something wrong, you would have been outright rejected, and hopkins does reject about a 1/3 of the people they interview.

This is just an incredibly competitive process that requires a lot of luck, more than what people would like to think.

That being said, a lot of people do get off the WL here just because Hopkins, like a lot of other top schools, doesn't have a very high yield.

Anyone else get a guest user account that you have to set up?