2023-2024 Maryland

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS acceptance call on Monday (yay!)- anyone else still not see it reflected in the portal or gotten some sort of email confirmation? idk why I'm paranoid
I'm with you there. Got the call (IS) yesterday, but the email only came today. Lost some sleep last night wondering if that call was real, lol
 
Any OOS who submitted on 07/29 or later receive an II? This is my top choice (I now live in MD), but I didn’t exactly meet their letter requirements so not sure if that was affecting my app. My secondary was basically a love letter to UMD lol
 
ah man I'm dreading receiving a hold or R. don't know how UMSOM's schedule for interviews is running but I'm IS and submitted first week of August - haven't heard anything 🙁
In the same boat as you. I know last year, they sent out the pre-II R's mid December, so I wouldn't make too many assumptions before then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any OOS who submitted on 07/29 or later receive an II? This is my top choice (I now live in MD), but I didn’t exactly meet their letter requirements so not sure if that was affecting my app. My secondary was basically a love letter to UMD lol
I submitted 8/5 and got an interview invite on 10/11 and interviewed yesterday. Hopefully they are just taking their time going through August submissions and you get one soon!
 
Hi 🙂 I don't want to put any bad vibes out into the universe but I was wondering if anyone knows when UMSOM starts sending out waitlist and R notifications post-interview?
 
Wow, quick turnaround! I interviewed 10/18 and was braced to wait at least a month but now wondering if it could be as soon as next week. Bigtime congrats!!

I know! Thank you!! I totally wasn’t expecting it because during the interview day they said 4-6 weeks. I haven’t gotten the official letter yet but they said it’s coming in the next few days
 
View attachment 376561
I applied ED and haven't heard anything yet. Today I was checking my portal neurotically, and saw the infamous status bar (picture for reference). I've gotten this in past cycles, and typically it followed by a pre-II rejection a week or two later (this was February-ish and I applied RD). I found out from a previous ED candidate who was accepted at Maryland and a current M1 that they received their II 09/07/2022 and interviewed a week later. This is definitely a vent post, but I don't know if I should take this as them actually just reviewing my app, or take it as what it's meant in the past. I hate this process 🙁
I got this as well, yesterday. I'm a reapplicant and I remember I had this lock and "under review" in my portal last time. Eventually, it turned into a "Hold" and like a day or two later I got rejected. Based on other responses throughout the years and my own anecdotal experience, I'm fairly certain we're rejected. Hope this gives others in the same boat some semblance of closure.
 
I got this as well, yesterday. I'm a reapplicant and I remember I had this lock and "under review" in my portal last time. Eventually, it turned into a "Hold" and like a day or two later I got rejected. Based on other responses throughout the years and my own anecdotal experience, I'm fairly certain we're rejected. Hope this gives others in the same boat some semblance of closure.

Is this only for ED?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there was talk of the dates associated with listed LORs on the status tab changing, but has anyone noticed these dates changing multiple times?
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but I figured out that every time you resubmit the primary AMCAS app*, the UMSOM portal updates the LORs date to the new (most recent) submission date.

*like if you add a new school and resubmit
 
Was accepted last week but wondering if I should be checking my mailbox for a physical acceptance letter? (Didn't see one yesterday.)