2023-2024 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I am in the same boat. What did you end up doing?
Decided not to send a secondary lol. Heard it was a waste of time from some friends (not sure how reliable because everyone had slightly different experiences). They said you might need to find a way to take a second biochem before matriculation. Again, not sure if this is true or not, just sharing my info. :/ Wish there was more clarity on this

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't do as great on the casper as I wanted too. Do you think this hinders my chances for II?
Anecdotally i've heard Miami likes high casper scores but idk. I think as long as it isnt 1st quartile you are fine.

When do they start sending out interview invites vs starting to actually interview candidates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey anyone scored yet? I am still pending review and I submitted day one.

Hey anyone scored yet? I am still pending review and I submitted day one.
I just went through last year's thread and it seems like people started getting scored late July/early August. Personally my app just says it's currently under review by the Admissions Committee

Reactions: 1 users
I just went through last year's thread and it seems like people started getting scored late July/early August. Personally my app just says it's currently under review by the Admissions Committee
Got it thank you!

Is anyone getting weird formatting issues when they preview their application? My ?s keep turning into apostrophes...

Thank you for reaching out.

Yes, the Accelerated Pathway applications will be sent out starting in December/January, and we will be holding information sessions regarding the application process for the pathway.

Currently, we do not have the application on the secondary application from School of Medicine as applicants to the Accelerated Pathway must be accepted into the School of Medicine first to be eligible to apply.

Thank you,
Should we still indicate interest in an accelerated program on the secondary application?

Should we still indicate interest in an accelerated program on the secondary application?
Sorry, re-reading this, I made it unclear. I am not associated with UMiami, and I just pasted their response to me.

I see. Are you planning on mentioning it in your secondary application?
I did for

"2) Why have you selected the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine for your medical education? Please be as specific as possible."

IDK if it was smart or not though

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! This secondary is confusing me…

1) The guidelines say “When asked for a chronological list, please list start and stop dates along with a brief description.” With this, I noticed prompt 3 says provide a description, but prompts 4 and 7 do not say to provide a descriptions. Rather, they say just provide a list with dates. Would you still like a description for those or did the guidelines mean the ones that say description. Also, does putting "(January 2023-April 2023)” next to the activity work for a start and stop date?

2) For prerequisites: we do not include AP courses, correct? Also, does it matter which biology courses we put as in wanting the introductory or putting the advanced? Should I just put my introductory stuff since they’re just checking if I met the pre-Recs?
1. I believe there's no right or wrong way. Worst case if it is brought up, you can cite how you saw in the PDF that it says "When asked for a chronologic list, please list start and stop dates along with a brief description of the activity.". I would opt to do descriptions for prompts 3,4, and 7 because they're giving you an option to share more about what you did, even if the question itself says otherwise.

Had this weird glitch when I logged into the portal:
IMG_7681.jpg

• Hmm
It has been three weeks since I received secondary and I haven't submit it yet🥲. I really like this school but 14, 500 words secondaries is brutal.
Planning to submit before it gets to 4th week.

I was verified about a week and a half ago and still no secondary from this school...

Wait I had this too!! Do you think it means anything or am I wasting my time getting excited about it?
I have this too once I refresh the portal page, is this something that everyone has?

I have this too once I refresh the portal page, is this something that everyone has?
My portal does not show this. So RIP to me, I guess.

• Haha
Doesn't seem like it, I might email them and ask. Not sure if doing so is a bit too neurotic lol.
Did you by any chance apply MD/MPH as well?

Doesn't seem like it, I might email them and ask. Not sure if doing so is a bit too neurotic lol.
Did you by any chance apply MD/MPH as well?
Nope just regular MD! I wouldn't email about it tbh

When did yall submit your secondaries? for those who have it on your portal

7/4 for me OOS, didn't have glitch.

Moderator note: content removed pending review.
I don’t trust that you’re not a random person trying to take advantage of this situation to wreak havoc

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator note:

Please note that we've received your reports about the solicitation of AMCAS IDs. We strongly advise our members to remain anonymous on this forum. We have also reached out to verify the identity of the user claiming to be associated with the Miller School of Medicine. Their post has been edited out for now pending further review.

Here's a random picture for your time and understanding:
1690261350378.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I have been trying to call them regarding the glitch, but for some reason, the call always says the admissions committee is never available. Has anyone else had any luck in figuring out what the glitch is?

I have been trying to call them regarding the glitch, but for some reason, the call always says the admissions committee is never available. Has anyone else had any luck in figuring out what the glitch is?

Have you guys refreshed and logged back in the portal? That made it go away for me.

For the optional questions, do y'all think its worth restating if I already answered them in the primary like meaningful involvement in student orgs or fine arts?

Not sure when I had this status change or if it was automatic after submitting my secondary but my app now says: Your application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine

My app just went back to the "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine." status when I just checked right now.

I wouldn’t call them over this. We’ll find out at one point or another whether the glitch means something or not, just need to be patient

I would not do this. Like someone said you will figure it out eventually. They would probably find it annoying if you did this so I would say just wait.

Decided not to send a secondary lol. Heard it was a waste of time from some friends (not sure how reliable because everyone had slightly different experiences). They said you might need to find a way to take a second biochem before matriculation. Again, not sure if this is true or not, just sharing my info. :/ Wish there was more clarity on this
u dont need two biochem courses...? just one

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone still waiting on their secondary? Verified 7/18, IS. Should I email them?

Had this weird glitch when I logged into the portal: View attachment 374645

We are working internally to ensure that any system issues that you have are resolved as timely as possible. The issue in the last few posts has been addressed, and released to production. If you still encounter that, please don't hesitate to email us (information below).

If you are having any technical issues with your application, please email us at [email protected] and provide the following:
  • Your AMCAS ID/Number
  • How you got to the page and the steps you took to get to the page where the issue is occurring
  • A screenshot/photo or description of what you see on the page.
Thank you. Please note that this account has been verified by the moderator staff. @Moko

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
We are working internally to ensure that any system issues that you have are resolved as timely as possible. The issue in the last few posts has been addressed, and released to production. If you still encounter that, please don't hesitate to email us (information below).

If you are having any technical issues with your application, please email us at [email protected] and/or [email protected] and provide the following:
  • Your AMCAS ID/Number
  • How you got to the page and the steps you took to get to the page where the issue is occurring
Thank you. Please note that this account has been verified by the moderator staff. @Moko

Moderator note:

Please note that @dthole has verified their status as an employee of the Miller School of Medicine. For any issues, please email [email protected] and/or [email protected] as stated above for further assistance. Thank you everyone.

Reactions: 3 users

If you are having any technical issues with your application, please email us at [email protected] and/or [email protected] and provide the following:
  • Your AMCAS ID/Number
Thank you for this!

FYI, I tried sending [email protected] an email, and got an automatic reply stating "The group msom-developers isn't set up to receive messages from *my email address*". I also sent [email protected] an important email a few days ago and was notified via an automated email that I would get a response within 2 business days. I'm still waiting for a response.