You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just went through last year's thread and it seems like people started getting scored late July/early August. Personally my app just says it's currently under review by the Admissions CommitteeHey anyone scored yet? I am still pending review and I submitted day one.
Got it thank you!I just went through last year's thread and it seems like people started getting scored late July/early August. Personally my app just says it's currently under review by the Admissions Committee
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
asclepius12
Full Member
Is anyone getting weird formatting issues when they preview their application? My ?s keep turning into apostrophes...
Should we still indicate interest in an accelerated program on the secondary application?Thank you for reaching out.
Yes, the Accelerated Pathway applications will be sent out starting in December/January, and we will be holding information sessions regarding the application process for the pathway.
Currently, we do not have the application on the secondary application from School of Medicine as applicants to the Accelerated Pathway must be accepted into the School of Medicine first to be eligible to apply.
Thank you,
Sorry, re-reading this, I made it unclear. I am not associated with UMiami, and I just pasted their response to me.Should we still indicate interest in an accelerated program on the secondary application?
Did you end up figuring out the answer to this?Is the reapplicant essay specific to Miami (Miller) or to all medical schools?
I see. Are you planning on mentioning it in your secondary application?Sorry, re-reading this, I made it unclear. I am not associated with UMiami, and I just pasted their response to me.
I did forI see. Are you planning on mentioning it in your secondary application?
"2) Why have you selected the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine for your medical education? Please be as specific as possible."
IDK if it was smart or not though
1. I believe there's no right or wrong way. Worst case if it is brought up, you can cite how you saw in the PDF that it says "When asked for a chronologic list, please list start and stop dates along with a brief description of the activity.". I would opt to do descriptions for prompts 3,4, and 7 because they're giving you an option to share more about what you did, even if the question itself says otherwise.Hello! This secondary is confusing me…
1) The guidelines say “When asked for a chronological list, please list start and stop dates along with a brief description.” With this, I noticed prompt 3 says provide a description, but prompts 4 and 7 do not say to provide a descriptions. Rather, they say just provide a list with dates. Would you still like a description for those or did the guidelines mean the ones that say description. Also, does putting "(January 2023-April 2023)” next to the activity work for a start and stop date?
2) For prerequisites: we do not include AP courses, correct? Also, does it matter which biology courses we put as in wanting the introductory or putting the advanced? Should I just put my introductory stuff since they’re just checking if I met the pre-Recs?
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
Had this weird glitch when I logged into the portal:
Mine does not show this. It still shows the regular completion screen.Had this weird glitch when I logged into the portal: View attachment 374645
It has been three weeks since I received secondary and I haven't submit it yet🥲. I really like this school but 14, 500 words secondaries is brutal.
Planning to submit before it gets to 4th week.
Planning to submit before it gets to 4th week.
I was verified about a week and a half ago and still no secondary from this school...
Looks like they want to interview you!Had this weird glitch when I logged into the portal: View attachment 374645
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait I had this too!! Do you think it means anything or am I wasting my time getting excited about it?Had this weird glitch when I logged into the portal: View attachment 374645
MDwannabe01
Full Member
I have this too once I refresh the portal page, is this something that everyone has?Wait I had this too!! Do you think it means anything or am I wasting my time getting excited about it?
My portal does not show this. So RIP to me, I guess.I have this too once I refresh the portal page, is this something that everyone has?
Doesn't seem like it, I might email them and ask. Not sure if doing so is a bit too neurotic lol.I have this too once I refresh the portal page, is this something that everyone has?
Did you by any chance apply MD/MPH as well?
MDwannabe01
Full Member
Nope just regular MD! I wouldn't email about it tbhDoesn't seem like it, I might email them and ask. Not sure if doing so is a bit too neurotic lol.
Did you by any chance apply MD/MPH as well?
When did yall submit your secondaries? for those who have it on your portal
okok you're right, thanks!Nope just regular MD! I wouldn't email about it tbh
I submitted July 2ndWhen did yall submit your secondaries? for those who have it on your portal
MDwannabe01
Full Member
7/3 for me OOSWhen did yall submit your secondaries? for those who have it on your portal
MDwannabe01
Full Member
just checked again and now its gone so it really could be nothing btwI have this too once I refresh the portal page, is this something that everyone has?
Student2000!
Full Member
i didnt have the glitch and I submitted 6/30, rip me lmao
same i guess loli didnt have the glitch and I submitted 6/30, rip me lmao
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Hope that glitch mean something [emoji120][emoji24]
I don’t trust that you’re not a random person trying to take advantage of this situation to wreak havocModerator note: content removed pending review.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Moderator note:
Please note that we've received your reports about the solicitation of AMCAS IDs. We strongly advise our members to remain anonymous on this forum. We have also reached out to verify the identity of the user claiming to be associated with the Miller School of Medicine. Their post has been edited out for now pending further review.
Here's a random picture for your time and understanding:
Please note that we've received your reports about the solicitation of AMCAS IDs. We strongly advise our members to remain anonymous on this forum. We have also reached out to verify the identity of the user claiming to be associated with the Miller School of Medicine. Their post has been edited out for now pending further review.
Here's a random picture for your time and understanding:
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
I have been trying to call them regarding the glitch, but for some reason, the call always says the admissions committee is never available. Has anyone else had any luck in figuring out what the glitch is?
Have you guys refreshed and logged back in the portal? That made it go away for me.
wishtobemdphd
New Member
For the optional questions, do y'all think its worth restating if I already answered them in the primary like meaningful involvement in student orgs or fine arts?
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Not sure when I had this status change or if it was automatic after submitting my secondary but my app now says: Your application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
I wouldn’t call them over this. We’ll find out at one point or another whether the glitch means something or not, just need to be patientI have been trying to call them regarding the glitch, but for some reason, the call always says the admissions committee is never available. Has anyone else had any luck in figuring out what the glitch is?
I would not do this. Like someone said you will figure it out eventually. They would probably find it annoying if you did this so I would say just wait.I have been trying to call them regarding the glitch, but for some reason, the call always says the admissions committee is never available. Has anyone else had any luck in figuring out what the glitch is?
u dont need two biochem courses...? just oneDecided not to send a secondary lol. Heard it was a waste of time from some friends (not sure how reliable because everyone had slightly different experiences). They said you might need to find a way to take a second biochem before matriculation. Again, not sure if this is true or not, just sharing my info. :/ Wish there was more clarity on this
Anyone still waiting on their secondary? Verified 7/18, IS. Should I email them?
ii_manifestation
Full Member
For quarter system it says 2u dont need two biochem courses...? just one
Had this weird glitch when I logged into the portal: View attachment 374645
We are working internally to ensure that any system issues that you have are resolved as timely as possible. The issue in the last few posts has been addressed, and released to production. If you still encounter that, please don't hesitate to email us (information below).
If you are having any technical issues with your application, please email us at [email protected] and provide the following:
- Your AMCAS ID/Number
- How you got to the page and the steps you took to get to the page where the issue is occurring
- A screenshot/photo or description of what you see on the page.
Last edited:
tmdsastradapplicant
Full Member
Any interview invites here yet?
Still waiting. OOS Primary sent to MSOM on 7/19Anyone still waiting on their secondary? Verified 7/18, IS. Should I email them?
We are working internally to ensure that any system issues that you have are resolved as timely as possible. The issue in the last few posts has been addressed, and released to production. If you still encounter that, please don't hesitate to email us (information below).
If you are having any technical issues with your application, please email us at [email protected] and/or [email protected] and provide the following:
Thank you. Please note that this account has been verified by the moderator staff. @Moko
- Your AMCAS ID/Number
- How you got to the page and the steps you took to get to the page where the issue is occurring
- A screenshot/photo or description of what you see on the page.
Moderator note:
Please note that @dthole has verified their status as an employee of the Miller School of Medicine. For any issues, please email [email protected] and/or [email protected] as stated above for further assistance. Thank you everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gormeh Sabzi
Full Member
Thank you for this!We are working internally to ensure that any system issues that you have are resolved as timely as possible. The issue in the last few posts has been addressed, and released to production. If you still encounter that, please don't hesitate to email us (information below).
If you are having any technical issues with your application, please email us at [email protected] and/or [email protected] and provide the following:
Thank you. Please note that this account has been verified by the moderator staff. @Moko
- Your AMCAS ID/Number
- How you got to the page and the steps you took to get to the page where the issue is occurring
- A screenshot/photo or description of what you see on the page.
FYI, I tried sending [email protected] an email, and got an automatic reply stating "The group msom-developers isn't set up to receive messages from *my email address*". I also sent [email protected] an important email a few days ago and was notified via an automated email that I would get a response within 2 business days. I'm still waiting for a response.
Thank you for this!
FYI, I tried sending [email protected] an email, and got an automatic reply stating "The group msom-developers isn't set up to receive messages from *my email address*". I also sent [email protected] an important email a few days ago and was notified via an automated email that I would get a response within 2 business days. I'm still waiting for a response.
Thank you for mentioning both. The msom-developers had a setting for outside individuals emailing, and I updated the settings and verified that it works by testing from my personal email.
In terms of med.admissions, I recommend emailing again asking for an update. Sometimes our spam filters can be a bit aggressive, and it may have been picked up from that. I'll also mention to them that there may be some outstanding questions. Sorry about the troubles on both ends, and thank you again for mentioning it so we can get it resolved.
Gormeh Sabzi
Full Member
Perfect, thank you for your prompt response! I just resent my email to [email protected] and didn't receive the automated error email this time around. So hopefully emails are actually going through now for everyone 🙂Thank you for mentioning both. The msom-developers had a setting for outside individuals emailing, and I updated the settings and verified that it works by testing from my personal email.
In terms of med.admissions, I recommend emailing again asking for an update. Sometimes our spam filters can be a bit aggressive, and it may have been picked up from that. I'll also mention to them that there may be some outstanding questions. Sorry about the troubles on both ends, and thank you again for mentioning it so we can get it resolved.
Does anyone know if UMiami accepts IB courses? They only mentioned AP on the website. I emailed them a couple weeks ago with this question but they never responded to me :/
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Does anyone know if UMiami accepts IB courses? They only mentioned AP on the website. I emailed them a couple weeks ago with this question but they never responded to me :/
If it’s on your transcript then yeah they do.