2023-2024 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those waiting, they updated the notice on the app page:
Dear Applicants,

Thank you for your continued patience as we finalize improvements to the application portal. Miller School of Medicine applicants who have already been invited to complete a secondary application will receive an email with a unique link to the application starting 8/16/2023 through 8/19/2023. No applicant experiencing these delays will be disadvantaged in the review process, which will begin in late August with rolling invitations throughout the cycle.

If you have any urgent inquiries or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via [email protected]

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Well I submitted in July but want to be able to see if my app is actually complete/have access to my portal in general

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those whole already submitted secondaries, do you think we will need to resend them?

Reactions: 1 user
It says on MSAR that the interview invites begin today. Does anyone think that will still happen for those who submitted before the app problems?

It says on MSAR that the interview invites begin today. Does anyone think that will still happen for those who submitted before the app problems?
Probably not if the portal is still down. I imagine the date is approximate. But just speculation!

Fingers crossed.

According to the message on their website:

Thank you for your continued patience as we finalize improvements to the application portal. Miller School of Medicine applicants who have already been invited to complete a secondary application will receive an email with a unique link to the application starting 8/16/2023 through 8/19/2023. No applicant experiencing these delays will be disadvantaged in the review process, which will begin in late August with rolling invitations throughout the cycle.

so review process is beginning in late August. I'm assuming they haven't really began the review, which means probably no interview invites today.

For those that received the secondary application (I received it a couple weeks ago but still need to fill it out), when will we be able to work on it?

For those that received the secondary application (I received it a couple weeks ago but still need to fill it out), when will we be able to work on it?
I already submitted, but I assume whenever you get the link between August 16 and 19th.

To those that submitted - I noticed I never received a receipt email stating I submitted the application. Anyone else experience this?

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone received the link to the new portal? I submitted my secondary already but I would want to see any updates and I still need to upload my picture.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the message on their website:

so review process is beginning in late August. I'm assuming they haven't really began the review, which means probably no interview invites today.
So they haven't even started reviewing apps yet what :cryi:

Link for secondary received today. It says not to worry about the photograph until the interview: "Disregard the instructions for submitting a photograph; If you are invited to interview, you’ll receive instructions at that time regarding how to submit your photo."

Secondary recieved right now, IS 8/18.

Has anyone received instructions about what to do if we already submitted? Nothing?

Reactions: 5 users
Has there been any communication to those who submitted before the issues. No IIs or anything so far just got me wondering alot since this is one of my top choices.

Reactions: 2 users
Has there been any communication to those who submitted before the issues. No IIs or anything so far just got me wondering alot since this is one of my top choices.
Same, definitely my top choice, and I was looking forward to hearing back around now (looking at the dates people heard back in the last year's forum).

For the COVID-19 question, one of my most impactful and meaningful experiences occurred during what would’ve been my spring of senior year of high school, and the summer after. Would it be reasonable to write about it or should I stick to something from college?

This is so specific but I can't decide if I want to include a pun in one of my essays. It's for the fine arts secondary prompt, and I am saying something along the lines of "learning how to play piano has been instrumental (pun intended) to learning how to play percussion instruments".

Should I include the pun or nah?

This is so specific but I can't decide if I want to include a pun in one of my essays. It's for the fine arts secondary prompt, and I am saying something along the lines of "learning how to play piano has been instrumental (pun intended) to learning how to play percussion instruments".

Should I include the pun or nah?
I would say include it but leave out the "pun intended" part. If they get it they get it.

Reactions: 6 users
I got my secondary from Miami on 6/30 but decided not to do it bc it's so long lolol, I didn't even make an account. I just got an email again on 8/18 asking me to complete the secondary and I'm considering just doing it. is it too late to submit since I received it initially like 2 months ago?

I got my secondary from Miami on 6/30 but decided not to do it bc it's so long lolol, I didn't even make an account. I just got an email again on 8/18 asking me to complete the secondary and I'm considering just doing it. is it too late to submit since I received it initially like 2 months ago?
Their portal has been down for like a month so…probably not late at all lol

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my secondary here on July 3rd, but can't access my old secondary portal. Does anyone know if I'll have to resubmit with a new link?

I submitted my secondary here on July 3rd, but can't access my old secondary portal. Does anyone know if I'll have to resubmit with a new link?
I have emailed admissions and will update when I hear a response.

Reactions: 11 users
They updated the portal page to answer some FAQ. People who already submitted will NOT need to resubmit & can check application status on 9/1 !

Reactions: 9 users
Is anyone else still not able to access the application? The link I've been using is on a word document that was attached to the invitation email I received. Is that the same link everyone else is using?

Is anyone else still not able to access the application? The link I've been using is on a word document that was attached to the invitation email I received. Is that the same link everyone else is using?
Seems like that was the old link. Did they not send you a new secondary?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
To OP1, Given this info (OP2 got a secondary), it'd be prudent to contact the admissions office ASAP
To OP2, I disagree with your username, I've met my fair share of fortunate fools haha
I think its a league of legends reference

Reactions: 1 users
To OP1, Given this info (OP2 got a secondary), it'd be prudent to contact the admissions office ASAP
To OP2, I disagree with your username, I've met my fair share of fortunate fools haha
Called them yesterday, they sent me a secondary a few hours later. They didn't know why I was left off the list, but it's all fixed now!

Did Miller send an email confirming secondaries were received? I thought I submitted on 07/05 but the only email I have confirming is my payment. I also never got an email with the new secondary link. Would this mean my secondary was received and I should wait until the old portal opens on 9/1?

Did Miller send an email confirming secondaries were received? I thought I submitted on 07/05 but the only email I have confirming is my payment. I also never got an email with the new secondary link. Would this mean my secondary was received and I should wait until the old portal opens on 9/1?
I never got a confirmation email but in their updated secondary link, #4 says we should have gotten a confirmation email.

I emailed them about this yesterday and it says they could take up to 2 business days to respond

I never got a confirmation email but in their updated secondary link, #4 says we should have gotten a confirmation email.

I emailed them about this yesterday and it says they could take up to 2 business days to respond
You received the new secondary link even though you had submitted already though? Maybe I should just call them lol

You received the new secondary link even though you had submitted already though? Maybe I should just call them lol
Sorry I misworded that. I never received a new secondary link but they updated the OG link in their original email with some updated information. That's where it says we should have received a confirmation email.

Either way, yeah calling is probably a good option rn

If you submitted a secondary using the original link from the PDF before the site went down, did you receive a confirmation email? Either of payment or app completion? I received neither

If you submitted a secondary using the original link from the PDF before the site went down, did you receive a confirmation email? Either of payment or app completion? I received neither
I did not either, submitted 7/3. But this seems to be expected according to the page that the old link brings you to. It seems like only the people submitting with one of the new secondary links would get these confirmations.

Reactions: 2 users
I did not either, submitted 7/3. But this seems to be expected according to the page that the old link brings you to. It seems like only the people submitting with one of the new secondary links would get these confirmations.
Gotcha! Thank you

I did receive payment confirmation but not confirmation of the secondary!