2023-2024 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received payment confirmation when I submitted prior to 07/30 on the initial secondary link. No completion email. Also did not receive an email regarding the new secondary link.

Members don't see this ad :)
for the leadership question - did people discuss a specific scenario or just talk generally about a leadership experience?

I received payment confirmation when I submitted prior to 07/30 on the initial secondary link. No completion email. Also did not receive an email regarding the new secondary link.
I'm assuming not getting the new secondary link confirms that they received our secondary then. I tried to call the office yesterday and it said they were unavailable

Reactions: 1 user
For the questions talking about listing volunteering and employment dates, did you guys explain what you did similar to the clinical experiences? Or just dates and title?

Sorry I misworded that. I never received a new secondary link but they updated the OG link in their original email with some updated information. That's where it says we should have received a confirmation email.

Either way, yeah calling is probably a good option rn
They basically told me that because of their new system update, its causing delays in their notifications, but that if we submitted a secondary it will be reviewed.

Last edited:
For the questions talking about listing volunteering and employment dates, did you guys explain what you did similar to the clinical experiences? Or just dates and title?
I explained similar to the clinical experiences section. I thought about not explaining but decided to.

Perhaps I'm just burnt out but I'm finding it really difficult to find specific things to talk about for Why UMiami. Their website feels kind of vague/circuitous and I can't find much outside of the curriculum, pathways, etc. but those things feel pretty on par with other schools. Anyone else feel this?

Not me refreshing the page at 12 am trying to see my app status :clown:

Not me refreshing the page at 12 am trying to see my app status :clown:
I doubt they’ll open it tonight unfortunately. Life usually isn’t that kind 😂 it’ll probably be like 3 pm tomorrow or something

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my secondary using the unique link after the portal went down, and I never received a confirmation email :( . Is anyone else in this boat with me? I reached out via email and phone and no luck

I'm still getting that same message about check back 9/1/23.
Did the message change for anyone?

At what point do they just accept us for the portal issues lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
maybe instead of the portal opening 9/1/2023 they meant 9/1/2024 at this point 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I just logged into the portal, and it says that my secondary is incomplete and that I haven't payed despite submitting and paying on 6/30. Anybody have any similar issues?

Reactions: 3 users
I just logged into the portal, and it says that my secondary is incomplete and that I haven't payed despite submitting and paying on 6/30. Anybody have any similar issues?
Yup, I was complete July 6.

My portal says my fee and my secondary application have not been received. I submitted 7/8

Yep same issue here, I was complete July 6th too, but now my portal says incomplete. However, in the FAQ it says, "There can be a delay of up to 24 hours in status updates in this system. If you submitted your Secondary Application today, then wait until tomorrow to check your status." So I am assuming that it will take 24 hours for everyone's portal to say that we are complete.

Remember when people were asking for the stats of applicants whose application page was glitched? That was peak SDN

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
same here :/

also i want to know what they were doing to the website for a month if this is the end result of those efforts 😭

Reactions: 2 users
I am assuming that the team is probably going to be away for Labor Day weekend so I don't think this is going to get resolved until next Tuesday at the earliest.

I’m so confused, where do we submit a secondary if it says “incomplete”? UMiami was the first secondary I submitted, but I never received a confirmation email :/

lol yeah, im sure the reapplicants from last year are getting flashbacks

Me too I’m so concerned lol, submitted 7/1

Edit: says my LORs r in but not my secondary or payment

For those of you with FAP, does your application say incomplete for the payment part? Just making sure I didn't make a mistake with instructions regarding FAP.

So if we turned in our secondary in July with the old system before all of this difficulty with the new system are we good? I decided to check in on my app and logged into their new system. It says that my secondary is not complete.

Had no idea about this new system and am sorry for the individuals who are going through all of this.

So if we turned in our secondary in July with the old system before all of this difficulty with the new system are we good? I decided to check in on my app and logged into their new system. It says that my secondary is not complete.

Had no idea about this new system and am sorry for the individuals who are going through all of this.

+ 1 i don’t plan on doing anything and expect it to update soon

My payment says incomplete, but my secondary application just now says complete!

Update, my portal said payment incomplete an hour ago but now says complete so I think it’s slowly updating!

I submitted with the old portal early July and logged in to the new portal to see that everything is marked complete and paid!

Update, my portal said payment incomplete an hour ago but now says complete so I think it’s slowly updating!
same, just checked my portal. Secondary application and payment has a checkmark now!

So when r they gonna start sending out II? I thought status update today meant they would start todag

Mine just updated to reflect my secondary and payment were received!!