-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same. My bank account got charged though lol.I didnt either
abcdef1234567
New Member
I'm assuming not getting the new secondary link confirms that they received our secondary then. I tried to call the office yesterday and it said they were unavailableI received payment confirmation when I submitted prior to 07/30 on the initial secondary link. No completion email. Also did not receive an email regarding the new secondary link.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the questions talking about listing volunteering and employment dates, did you guys explain what you did similar to the clinical experiences? Or just dates and title?
They basically told me that because of their new system update, its causing delays in their notifications, but that if we submitted a secondary it will be reviewed.Sorry I misworded that. I never received a new secondary link but they updated the OG link in their original email with some updated information. That's where it says we should have received a confirmation email.
Either way, yeah calling is probably a good option rn
Last edited:
I explained similar to the clinical experiences section. I thought about not explaining but decided to.For the questions talking about listing volunteering and employment dates, did you guys explain what you did similar to the clinical experiences? Or just dates and title?
Yeah I'm unsure because the primary should already have descriptions of it? IdkI explained similar to the clinical experiences section. I thought about not explaining but decided to.
premadbaddie
Full Member
Perhaps I'm just burnt out but I'm finding it really difficult to find specific things to talk about for Why UMiami. Their website feels kind of vague/circuitous and I can't find much outside of the curriculum, pathways, etc. but those things feel pretty on par with other schools. Anyone else feel this?
I doubt they’ll open it tonight unfortunately. Life usually isn’t that kind 😂 it’ll probably be like 3 pm tomorrow or somethingNot me refreshing the page at 12 am trying to see my app status![]()
heartbeatmami
New Member
I completed my secondary using the unique link after the portal went down, and I never received a confirmation email 🙁 . Is anyone else in this boat with me? I reached out via email and phone and no luck
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
The portal still hasn’t updated. Anyone able to access the portal?
premed155180
Full Member
Miami has been a mess this cycle... 😫
premed155180
Full Member
nope. same message for me.I'm still getting that same message about check back 9/1/23.
Did the message change for anyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At what point do they just accept us for the portal issues lol.
At what point do they just accept us for the portal issues lol.
kkcat4729105
Full Member
Nothing on my endnope. same message for me.
thegazette
Full Member
maybe instead of the portal opening 9/1/2023 they meant 9/1/2024 at this point 😭
D
deleted1005927
Yup, I was complete July 6.I just logged into the portal, and it says that my secondary is incomplete and that I haven't payed despite submitting and paying on 6/30. Anybody have any similar issues?
williewalnuts
Full Member
My portal says my fee and my secondary application have not been received. I submitted 7/8
Same, I'm guessing there's a lag
+1My portal says my fee and my secondary application have not been received. I submitted 7/8
Yep same issue here, I was complete July 6th too, but now my portal says incomplete. However, in the FAQ it says, "There can be a delay of up to 24 hours in status updates in this system. If you submitted your Secondary Application today, then wait until tomorrow to check your status." So I am assuming that it will take 24 hours for everyone's portal to say that we are complete.
williewalnuts
Full Member
Remember when people were asking for the stats of applicants whose application page was glitched? That was peak SDN
yeehawyucky
Full Member
Yes mine is the sameI just logged into the portal, and it says that my secondary is incomplete and that I haven't payed despite submitting and paying on 6/30. Anybody have any similar issues?
thegazette
Full Member
same here :/I just logged into the portal, and it says that my secondary is incomplete and that I haven't payed despite submitting and paying on 6/30. Anybody have any similar issues?
also i want to know what they were doing to the website for a month if this is the end result of those efforts 😭
Same I'm freaking out. What do we doYup, I was complete July 6.
brazzimamma
Full Member
Seriously now I'm getting annoyed.same here :/
also i want to know what they were doing to the website for a month if this is the end result of those efforts 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brazzimamma
Full Member
Someone want to call or email? I personally have no energy.Same I'm freaking out. What do we do
If we have to resubmit bro...
slaythehouseboots
Full Member
I just logged into the portal, and it says that my secondary is incomplete and that I haven't payed despite submitting and paying on 6/30. Anybody have any similar issues?
Me too I’m so concerned lol, submitted 7/1
Edit: says my LORs r in but not my secondary or payment [emoji52]
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
I take it that no one is getting any II today??
For those of you with FAP, does your application say incomplete for the payment part? Just making sure I didn't make a mistake with instructions regarding FAP.
ComfortableCup4677
Full Member
So if we turned in our secondary in July with the old system before all of this difficulty with the new system are we good? I decided to check in on my app and logged into their new system. It says that my secondary is not complete.
Had no idea about this new system and am sorry for the individuals who are going through all of this.
Had no idea about this new system and am sorry for the individuals who are going through all of this.
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
So if we turned in our secondary in July with the old system before all of this difficulty with the new system are we good? I decided to check in on my app and logged into their new system. It says that my secondary is not complete.
Had no idea about this new system and am sorry for the individuals who are going through all of this.
+ 1 i don’t plan on doing anything and expect it to update soon
luckycharms!
Full Member
Update, my portal said payment incomplete an hour ago but now says complete so I think it’s slowly updating!
I submitted with the old portal early July and logged in to the new portal to see that everything is marked complete and paid!
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
Mine has update to say complete. I submitted 6/30
same, just checked my portal. Secondary application and payment has a checkmark now!Update, my portal said payment incomplete an hour ago but now says complete so I think it’s slowly updating!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed155180
Full Member
Mine just updated to reflect my secondary and payment were received!!
Are any of you FAP recipients? I submitted my secondary in early July as a FAP recipient, but my portal has yet to update. keeping my fingers crossed that it updates soon!same, just checked my portal. Secondary application and payment has a checkmark now!
ComfortableCup4677
Full Member
same situation, it says my fee waiver is still incomplete for some reason, I assume we just wait?Are any of you FAP recipients? I submitted my secondary in early July as a FAP recipient, but my portal has yet to update. keeping my fingers crossed that it updates soon!
Same here. If anyone figures this out, let me know!Are any of you FAP recipients? I submitted my secondary in early July as a FAP recipient, but my portal has yet to update. keeping my fingers crossed that it updates soon!