-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 NYU - Long Island
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1139705
R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hannah 252
Full Member
Pre-II R not a huge surprise
aquableu99
Full Member
Pre-II R 🙁
D
deleted1169361
R
skylinechili
Full Member
complete 7/3, oos R today-long shot but had to try
congrats to everyone w/ an A !!!
congrats to everyone w/ an A !!!
Post-II R interviewed 11/7 IM track
medguy0824
Full Member
r
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medguy0824
Full Member
pre
2324applicant401
Full Member
any idea if there was post-ii hold movement last year? I have sent an update and continued interest, but I'm guessing there is nothing else I can do.
Any end of Nov interviewees hear back yet?
Interview on 11/30, haven’t heard anything back yetAny end of Nov interviewees hear back yet?
+1 but my interview was mid NovemberInterview on 11/30, haven’t heard anything back yet
Final pool+1 but my interview was mid November
updawg1
Full Member
Congrats! Which track if you don't mind me asking?Final pool
Thank you, I’m excited to have gotten this far! General surgeryCongrats! Which track if you don't mind me asking?
I was gen surgery too, but end of November interview. Hoping for the best 🙂Thank you, I’m excited to have gotten this far! General surgery
Here’s to hoping we’re classmates in the fall 🥂I was gen surgery too, but end of November interview. Hoping for the best 🙂
II in November - Final Pool for IM
Just wanted to say to any people eagerly awaiting the decision coming up, don’t be discouraged if you’re in the final pool and get waitlisted on the decision day. I was in that boat and ended up getting in super super late (like post-April) . There can be a relatively decent amount of WL movement here, so keep your head up. Good luck to you all!
(Also I recommend not checking SDN as much as I did bc it drove me bonkers and it did not help with the anticipation/anxiety at all)
(Also I recommend not checking SDN as much as I did bc it drove me bonkers and it did not help with the anticipation/anxiety at all)
When was your II in November? I haven’t heard back yet and today marks 8 weeks for meII in November - Final Pool for IM
I interviewed 11/28 and also haven't heard backWhen was your II in November? I haven’t heard back yet and today marks 8 weeks for me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m assuming Christmas and New Year cause delaysI interviewed 11/28 and also haven't heard back
docdoc3000
Full Member
Thanks for the info! Do you know if the waitlist is ranked/are you given any insight to where you lie on the waitlist?Just wanted to say to any people eagerly awaiting the decision coming up, don’t be discouraged if you’re in the final pool and get waitlisted on the decision day. I was in that boat and ended up getting in super super late (like post-April) . There can be a relatively decent amount of WL movement here, so keep your head up. Good luck to you all!
(Also I recommend not checking SDN as much as I did bc it drove me bonkers and it did not help with the anticipation/anxiety at all)
Sadly, I have no idea about ranked waitlists here and I was never told whether I was high or low if there was a rank, although I think some other people got off the waitlist for IM before me, so I was probably not on the tippy top.Thanks for the info! Do you know if the waitlist is ranked/are you given any insight to where you lie on the waitlist?
Am I to assume that I have been rejected since I haven’t heard anything back after my interview? It’s been over 9 weeks, which is past the 8 weeks they said. I know they release final decisions in February so rip I guess
I still also haven't heard so I am just assuming we will get our decisions with the final decisionsAm I to assume that I have been rejected since I haven’t heard anything back after my interview? It’s been over 9 weeks, which is past the 8 weeks they said. I know they release final decisions in February so rip I guess
Agreed, I haven't heard back yet either and I assume this will be the case.I still also haven't heard so I am just assuming we will get our decisions with the final decisions
2324applicant401
Full Member
Post II R 🙁 -- had a post interview hold about a month after interview
Post-II R as well 😔
well, time to repeatedly refresh and await mine 😵
I got my email at 2:29 PM EST so I guess they reach out to people at different times. Hopefully yours will be different 😂well, time to repeatedly refresh and await mine 😵
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
do we think final decisions will come out next Tuesday or Thursday? two years ago it was Tuesday, last year it was Thursday, i’m anxiously waiting and just want to know already[emoji24]
It’s good to know people lurk through the previous years threads as hard as I do. I hope Tuesday.do we think final decisions will come out next Tuesday or Thursday? two years ago it was Tuesday, last year it was Thursday, i’m anxiously waiting and just want to know already[emoji24]
average it out to wednesdaydo we think final decisions will come out next Tuesday or Thursday? two years ago it was Tuesday, last year it was Thursday, i’m anxiously waiting and just want to know already[emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! best of luck on your decisions next week! Feel free to ask any questions as they come up, there are a few current students myself included that are happy to answer.
Heard murmurs that decisions will be out on Thursday 🙂
Heard murmurs that decisions will be out on Thursday 🙂
Hi all! best of luck on your decisions next week! Feel free to ask any questions as they come up, there are a few current students myself included that are happy to answer.
Heard murmurs that decisions will be out on Thursday 🙂
Thank you! Do you know who ends up making final decisions?
Post-II hold today
the admissions committee has final say on decisions.Thank you! Do you know who ends up making final decisions?