-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pennsylvania State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FutureDocNY
Full Member
Oof that's lowLooks like last year it was around 20%
calmandrain
Full Member
Where do you see that?Looks like last year it was around 20%
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
druidcookie
Full Member
The post-II matriculation rate is ~20% based on MSAR. I haven't been able to find acceptance data anywhereWhere do you see that?
It’s around 45-50%.anyone know the post-ii acceptance rate?
As per the class profile on the website, the last time acceptance offers were published were for the entering Class of 2020:
Interviews: 721
Acceptances: 346
Matriculants: 152
Whiplash72
Full Member
Sorry, the 20% I calculated was from the matriculation rate.Where do you see that?
FutureDocNY
Full Member
That makes more sense - LOLSorry, the 20% I calculated was from the matriculation rate.
any advice for the interview? What is the format? Mine is coming up and I am nervous!
any advice for the interview? What is the format? Mine is coming up and I am nervous!
You’ll have 2 interviewers interviewing you at the same time. 25 min of interviewing (5 questions with 5 minutes each to answer), then 5 min to ask 2 questions. They ask you to answer questions without sharing the places you’ve worked/volunteered/went to school and when giving examples to try to keep descriptions as generic as possible to eliminate bias. But the whole “interview” portion is only 30 min
Questions are completely standardized so we aren’t allowed to share specifics, but I’d practice like any other interview, find a list of Q’s online to practice with and think about examples in your life and experiences you can use to answer questions.
Prepping my interview right now. Would it be an issue if I asked questions about the University Park Curriculum during my interview, even though I did not indicate I was interested in it in my secondary application? Tbh, I was not considering it while submitting my 2nd, but as I did more research for my interview, I started to have some interest.
Whiplash72
Full Member
It shouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure your two faculty interviewers would have much knowledge on it, so I would ask at another time during the day. There are plenty of opportunitiesPrepping my interview right now. Would it be an issue if I asked questions about the University Park Curriculum during my interview, even though I did not indicate I was interested in it in my secondary application? Tbh, I was not considering it while submitting my 2nd, but as I did more research for my interview, I started to have some interest.
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
Some interviewers are from the University Park campus, so it's not out of the question that they may be able to give you some great answers!Prepping my interview right now. Would it be an issue if I asked questions about the University Park Curriculum during my interview, even though I did not indicate I was interested in it in my secondary application? Tbh, I was not considering it while submitting my 2nd, but as I did more research for my interview, I started to have some interest.
Whiplash72
Full Member
I think last year they were doing interviews until the end of March, but may need someone to check me on that.Does anyone know when interviews end? Or when they stop sending interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Admissions last week and they just replied to me 10 minutes ago stating "The answer is 'yes', transcripts (official only) are accepted as academic updates and will be added to your file for review by the Admissions Committee.".I spoke with Admissions a couple minutes ago and they told me they do not accept updated transcripts :/
EDIT: This is for pre-II (I am still waiting to hopefully receive a II).
So yes, send your official transcripts!
climb_2009
Full Member
Is there a difference between the second look event and the campus tour? Which one is technically the first look- the interview or rummaging on the website 😅? Not sure what to expect but I’m excited to finally get off zoom
Last edited:
second look is only for admitted students and the campus tour is for anyone that’s interviewed even if they haven’t received an admissions decision yet!Is there a difference between the second look event and the campus tour? Which one is technically the first look- the interview or rummaging on the website 😅? Not sure what to expect but I’m excited to finally get off zoom for some in person action this cycle!
Post-II hold last week but will be withdrawing 🙂
Is anyone else having trouble activating their PSU account?
Also has someone made a GroupMe yet?
Edit: Unofficial Group Chat link here - GroupMe
Figured it be helpful for anyone who’s deciding between schools, wanting to meet other accepted students + find roommates, ask q’s, etc etc
Also has someone made a GroupMe yet?
Edit: Unofficial Group Chat link here - GroupMe
Figured it be helpful for anyone who’s deciding between schools, wanting to meet other accepted students + find roommates, ask q’s, etc etc
Last edited:
new-user-77
New Member
Does anyone have more info about the clinician investigator pathway? Is it manageable to do or is the accelerated program stressful? If we indicate our interest on the program then is it binding?
Any pre ll rejections or any idea when they’re done sending invites?
doglover2002
Full Member
Any pre ll rejections or any idea when they’re done sending invites?
Would also like to know this^^
D
deleted1150307
I know last year it was through March ( I got an invite March 15 last year) but who knows if they changed it this year. Anyways good luck to you all!Would also like to know this^^
i emailed them too and they responded with a pretty curt, "That is considered an update, and we do not accept updates." weird, i guess they are giving out different information?I emailed Admissions last week and they just replied to me 10 minutes ago stating "The answer is 'yes', transcripts (official only) are accepted as academic updates and will be added to your file for review by the Admissions Committee.".
So yes, send your official transcripts!
So they do not take any updates of any sort? Even post interview?
They emailed us post interview that we can send official transcripts
i emailed them too and they responded with a pretty curt, "That is considered an update, and we do not accept updates." weird, i guess they are giving out different information?
The first time I talked to admissions on 2/2 (I called and left a voicemail) they emailed me back a very short response saying "We do not accept unofficial transcripts." But then on 2/8, I received another email from the Admissions office saying "The answer is 'yes', transcripts (official only) are accepted as academic updates and will be added to your file for review by the Admissions Committee.".ahh sorry i should have clarified, havent gotten an ii yet; maybe they'd be willing post interview!
I still sent my official transcripts (pre-II).
howsithangin
Full Member
Apologies if this was posted somewhere or easily available lol but does there seem to be a rough turn around time from interview to decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stinkygoose00
Full Member
In the portal it says 6-8 weeks, but idk how accurate that has been this cycleApologies if this was posted somewhere or easily available lol but does there seem to be a rough turn around time from interview to decision?
Whiplash72
Full Member
They sent my decision right at 6 weeks. I know it varies for some peopleIn the portal it says 6-8 weeks, but idk how accurate that has been this cycle
How do I know if I am group one or group 2 for the interview? It shows both schedules on my page
new-user-77
New Member
How do I know if I am group one or group 2 for the interview? It shows both schedules on my page
Depends on the time you chose. If you chose the earlier time then you’d be group A and the later time of the day is group B.
Is there a groupme?
Is there a groupme?
Last edited:
bstomd2024
Full Member
In the portal it says 6-8 weeks, but idk how accurate that has been this cycle
mine was around six weeks as wellApologies if this was posted somewhere or easily available lol but does there seem to be a rough turn around time from interview to decision?
Is anyone going on the tour this weekend?
Is anyone going on the tour this weekend?
I’ll be there!
Just interviewed here and Penn State is my top pick. Where did you guys find out about the in person tour?I’ll be there!
It was on the website under the interview in the application process section. I believe it’s full now. I’m currently waitlisted after interviewing but I think other people who were accepted said there are also second look days coming up.Just interviewed here and Penn State is my top pick. Where did you guys find out about the in person tour?
OOS II
chipeachi
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete? OwOOOS II
July 2023Congrats! When were you complete? OwO
I'm surprised to get an II this late in the cycle. I thought most schools were full up already. I was house shopping at another school I have an A at, and now I'm wondering about hitting pause on that process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chipeachi
Full Member
that's so exciting though! Glad you got a chance at another opportunity 🙂I'm surprised to get an II this late in the cycle. I thought most schools were full up already. I was house shopping at another school I have an A at, and now I'm wondering about hitting pause on that process.
OOS II Submitted Mid July 2023
Congrats! What date or dates were available?OOS II
March dates onlyCongrats! What date or dates were available?