2023-2024 Washington State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed with this school of medicine last year, got waitlisted and ultimately rejected. I submitted my secondary in early July and this time around I still haven't heard anything. I'm wondering, does WSU choose to interview reapplicants later in the cycle or am I just the unluckiest applicant alive?

PS. My application was significantly improved in terms of writing (where they said I lacked the most), experience, volunteering, and a publication.

Let me know your thoughts.

- A very anxious reapplicant
 
Interviewed with this school of medicine last year, got waitlisted and ultimately rejected. I submitted my secondary in early July and this time around I still haven't heard anything. I'm wondering, does WSU choose to interview reapplicants later in the cycle or am I just the unluckiest applicant alive?

PS. My application was significantly improved in terms of writing (where they said I lacked the most), experience, volunteering, and a publication.

Let me know your thoughts.

- A very anxious reapplicant
I’m in the same boat. I got an II two weeks after completing my app last year in October and I submitted in august this year with radio silence. Waiting for the R at this point
 
Just got a call 30 minutes ago to set up a Zoom meeting with the Dean...? Interviewed in October. Is this like a 1on1 meeting for anyone that got this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have all of the December calls gone out already? I interviewed 10/9 and thought I might hear back this month, but not sure if it is still too early? I got the eligible email 11/1
 
Do we think this was the last round of interview invites since they end in Feb? Still holding out hope but it seems like it’s grim.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received the 'eligible' email this morning! Interviewed in early January. Does anyone know if calls and 'eligible' emails can come on the same day or if the earliest you can receive a call is the next offer date?
 
Got the call earlier this morning as well to meet with the dean. Interviewed in September!! Truly thought I was done for until today. So beyond happy and relieved.
 
I’m in the same boat. I got an II two weeks after completing my app last year in October and I submitted in august this year with radio silence. Waiting for the R at this point
Interviewed with this school of medicine last year, got waitlisted and ultimately rejected. I submitted my secondary in early July and this time around I still haven't heard anything. I'm wondering, does WSU choose to interview reapplicants later in the cycle or am I just the unluckiest applicant alive?

PS. My application was significantly improved in terms of writing (where they said I lacked the most), experience, volunteering, and a publication.

Let me know your thoughts.

- A very anxious reapplicant
I was also a reapplicant, interviewed and ultimately rejected the last time. Followed up with the school to get feedback, reapplied with two more years of clinical experience and better letters and got rejected with no II. I guess you have to get in the first time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the A! Got an email a few days ago and it's showing in my portal. No phone call or zoom call for me tho, happy to get into my #1 choice!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had my interview 2/2. Received an email 2/26 stating I was "eligible" for acceptance as their mini update. Have not heard anything else yet. Getting nervous!
 
Last edited: