-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pennsylvania State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
jefe_piglet
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed 10/19 heard back yet?
Not I [emoji3064]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not I [emoji3064]
10/19 hasn’t heard back?? That was like 12 weeks ago. I gotta be more patient as a December interviewer lol
lol the wait is the worst. I interviewed october as well and nothing. Although maybe now with the holidays over theyll get through them more quickly10/19 hasn’t heard back?? That was like 12 weeks ago. I gotta be more patient as a December interviewer lol
OOS II just now
Completion date?OOS II just now
Application submitted on 8/12/2023. LM 70Completion date?
howsithangin
Full Member
Question for anyone who has interviewed: do you get your group/interview time before the interview? Or do you have to log in at 7:30am to find out? The interview tab on the portal doesn’t say which group I’m in, but one of the emails seems to suggest I do have a set time so I’m a little confused
You’re group one 🙂. Group 1 is 7:30, group 2 is 10:30.Question for anyone who has interviewed: do you get your group/interview time before the interview? Or do you have to log in at 7:30am to find out? The interview tab on the portal doesn’t say which group I’m in, but one of the emails seems to suggest I do have a set time so I’m a little confused
howsithangin
Full Member
Thanks!You’re group one 🙂. Group 1 is 7:30, group 2 is 10:30.
OOS A!!! Interviewed 11/13.
A!
Interview on 9/25
Interview on 9/25
Milagros16339
Full Member
OOS A! Was put on hold list back in October
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gymllove123
Full Member
IS A! Interviewed 9/13!
congrats!! were u previously placed on hold??IS A! Interviewed 9/13!
darcytrix411
New Member
Have they sent post interview rejections too or is it pretty much either an acceptance or a post II hold?
calmandrain
Full Member
Is there an accepted students group?
calmandrain
Full Member
Just to confirm, we can "accept" our offer of admission on the secondary portal to reserve our seat but we dont have to pay the deposit until May, right?
gymllove123
Full Member
Yes, placed on hold 10/30.congrats!! were u previously placed on hold??
gymllove123
Full Member
Am I going crazy, or did Penn State get rid of their EM Accelerated Program? Or did this never exist in the first place?
Am I going crazy, or did Penn State get rid of their EM Accelerated Program? Or did this never exist in the first place?
I knew someone who was in it so it did exist. I think they said this year they decided to cut down on the accelerated programs and only include primary care or specialties that need more doctors.
Congratulations! I thought they didn't look at the students placed on post-II hold until April 30th. I was placed on Post-II hold on 12/3 :/Yes, placed on hold 10/30.
jackie3333
New Member
Does anyone know if there’s a group chat for accepted students?
Do they accept any update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drzennywenny
Full Member
Unfortunately I don't believe soDo they accept any update letters?
I didn't interview well either, but it was so hard to answer those super specific questions. I wish the interview was more conversational....OOS Hold, interviewed 10/23. Not surprised though i did not interview well lol
calmandrain
Full Member
Is there an accepted students day?
gymllove123
Full Member
Is there an accepted students group?
climb_2009
Full Member
I’m late — OOS A 1/10 , Interview 10/30 AGHHH I’m going to be a student doctor
->PHYSICIAN!!!
->PHYSICIAN!!!
Last edited:
mollycat417
Full Member
to anyone that’s interviewed: do they send out who you will be interviewing with and the timing the morning of? i know they said 11-2 for group two and such but do they tell us our specific 25 min interval (saw this on the interview page for the school)
Last edited:
calmandrain
Full Member
In the "web interview" tab on your portal you should be able to see who your interviewers are and what time exactly your interview is. I can't remember when it appeared exactly but I do remember knowing a few days in advance both who my interviewers were and what timeto anyone that’s interviewed: do they send out who you will be interviewing with and the timing the morning of? i know they said 11-2 for group two and such but do they tell us our specific 25 min interval (saw this on the interview page for the school)
Can they stop sending "we are thrilled to offer you..." emails?? Lmao
Same lol I thought I was getting a decision and seeing “thrilled” in the email preview did not help at all
FutureDocNY
Full Member
Has anyone received an email inviting them for an in-person visit without being accepted? Scheduled for 2/7 interview and visit email was for late February.
Has anyone received an email inviting them for an in-person visit without being accepted? Scheduled for 2/7 interview and visit email was for late February.
Yea the in person visits are for anyone who is invited to interview so you don’t need to have your decision yet
FutureDocNY
Full Member
Historically has it helped here to show demonstrated interest in the program or they don't look at that when making decisions?Yea the in person visits are for anyone who is invited to interview so you don’t need to have your decision yet
OOS II
calmandrain
Full Member
Their email says it has no bearing on your admissions decisionHistorically has it helped here to show demonstrated interest in the program or they don't look at that when making decisions?
When were you complete ?OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8/30When were you complete ?
OOS II just now! Completed on 8/30
This is my very first interview of this cycle, I am so happy and thankful.
LM Score? Congratulations, best of luck!
oos ii just now, complete in oct
gymllove123
Full Member
Is anyone else who was accepted having issues with logging into the application portal? It says “Your login attempt was not successful.”