2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
“However, please note that you have not yet been fully accepted into the program of study you have applied for. At present, your application is placed on the alternate list”. I interviewed Dec so this may be sent to fall interviews? Idk anymore
I was a Nov interview, also AL but no email :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not “fully” accepted is such a bizarre way to state this hahah Sometimes I wonder if they just enjoy the mind games! I was also a Dec interview so 🤷‍♀️
Did you get this same email? Now I am even more confused lol

Members don't see this ad :)
“However, please note that you have not yet been fully accepted into the program of study you have applied for. At present, your application is placed on the alternate list”. I interviewed Dec so this may be sent to fall interviews? Idk anymore
Did you get a AL notification on Monday?

I did not get that email and Im on the alternate list on Monday

Did you start filling out the prematric checklist? I got AL Monday too and never got the email with the NetID
All I did was legit accept the Alternate List position and said I agree to the "Technical Standards" thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like its safe to assume that downstate has a WL ranking and maybe the ones who received this email were probably ranked higher than those who didn’t. Oh wells, time to start working on reapplications again…. Maybe 3rd time works. Good luck everyone

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Seems like its safe to assume that downstate has a WL ranking and maybe the ones who received this email were probably ranked higher than those who didn’t. Oh wells, time to start working on reapplications again…. Maybe 3rd time works. Good luck everyone
Highly doubt it tbh. It’s probably more so the net ID and downstate email is being sent in batches as IT is setting them up.

Not to be redundant but was anyone else super thrown off by the latest email congratulating us on joining the downstate community but then clarifying that we were not yet actually accepted?? My head is spinning from that move.

Not to be redundant but was anyone else super thrown off by the latest email congratulating us on joining the downstate community but then clarifying that we were not yet actually accepted?? My head is spinning from that move.
+1, I got the AL email the day before & the welcome to downstate introduction really got me excited, plz let me in downstate before u give me a downstate email

+1, I got the AL email the day before & the welcome to downstate introduction really got me excited, plz let me in downstate before u give me a downstate email
I got AL but never received that welcome/NETID email. Can someone copy and paste the entire email so we can see it and not get excited if we do receive it lol.

I got AL but never received that welcome/NETID email. Can someone copy and paste the entire email so we can see it and not get excited if we do receive it lol.
Will do in a moment!

does anyone have any idea why only some people on the alt list were sent that email to create the login and not everyone on the list?

does anyone have any idea why only some people on the alt list were sent that email to create the login and not everyone on the list?
They are probably doing it in batches in some type of order as IT is setting them up. Don’t think it means anything

do we need to complete the pre-matric checklist in order to be considered to getting off the alt list?

just withdrew from the alternate list. good luck everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
do we need to complete the pre-matric checklist in order to be considered to getting off the alt list?
When I toured, someone in admissions said it helped you get off the AL to do pre-matric stuff, cause it makes it look like your committed to going if you get off the AL

anyone else get their netID today? I was placed on AL 3/18 and haven't received an any new emails
When I toured, someone in admissions said it helped you get off the AL to do pre-matric stuff, cause it makes it look like your committed to going if you get off the AL
I don't even know what they're asking me to do on the pre-matric list, half of the instructions are contradicting itself

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I don't even know what they're asking me to do on the pre-matric list, half of the instructions are contradicting itself
lmaooo literally 😭 and is the link to the health forms not working for anyone else?

The Housing application also does not work

• Haha
Interviewed on 3/6, should I send an LOI or is it too soon? Downstate is my #1 choice, so hoping to get placed on AL atleast

I interviewed end of January and received alternate. I was just speaking with admissions and they said that Alternate list offers are rolled out in batches so don't fret if you haven't received it yet. They send those out until end of april. For alternates you can start the premarticulation: submit bls certification, proof of citizenship, official transcript, health clearance. For health clearance you need a netid and those are being rolled out but also take time.

I interviewed end of January and received alternate. I was just speaking with admissions and they said that Alternate list offers are rolled out in batches so don't fret if you haven't received it yet. They send those out until end of april. For alternates you can start the premarticulation: submit bls certification, proof of citizenship, official transcript, health clearance. For health clearance you need a netid and those are being rolled out but also take time.
Thank you for info. Did they mention if everyone is thrown on the list or are there late winter/spring interviewers who can be accepted post interview no AL?