2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't ask so i have no idea

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed end of January and received alternate. I was just speaking with admissions and they said that Alternate list offers are rolled out in batches so don't fret if you haven't received it yet. They send those out until end of april. For alternates you can start the premarticulation: submit bls certification, proof of citizenship, official transcript, health clearance. For health clearance you need a netid and those are being rolled out but also take time.
Thank you so much for the info! Do we just upload the certification and proof of citizenship on the AMP portal under additional documents?

great question lol, I unfortunately did not ask haha. I am very confused with the portal

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but does anyone know if/how I can connect with other students who were accepted to Downstate? I'm living in Brooklyn and have to move by May, so I was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation and would want to look for housing together.

Hey, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but does anyone know if/how I can connect with other students who were accepted to Downstate? I'm living in Brooklyn and have to move by May, so I was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation and would want to look for housing together.
the accepted groupchat is a good place for this

Oh sweet do you know how I find that? I haven't heard anything about it
There was a link to the accepted students groupme earlier in this thread but I copied and pasted it here:

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone send a letter of interest or intent yet? Are we supposed to be submit it through the portal or email or both?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any guesses on when we may start hearing about waitlist movement? Seemed like it was early April last year, but it feels like there’s no method to do how it’s done

Any guesses on when we may start hearing about waitlist movement? Seemed like it was early April last year, but it feels like there’s no method to do how it’s done
First week of April based on last year's thread?

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody else who interviewed in March get a timeline from admissions on when we'd get a decision?

Anyone have an idea when the next wave of decisions might be? I interviewed on 2/13 and haven't heard back yet

Anyone have an idea when the next wave of decisions might be? I interviewed on 2/13 and haven't heard back yet
Amcas sent out an email talking about deadlines:

1. Withdraw your acceptance from any school or program you do not plan to attend as soon as you have made that decision;
  2. On or before April 15, narrow your acceptances to no more than three (3)schools or programs, and withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs; and
  3. On or before April 30, narrow your acceptances to no more than one (1) school or program and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs. Note: you can continue to remain on alternate lists/waitlists.
I think that we shpuld probably be hearing around this time

Makes sense. April WL movement last year started from the 10th so possibly some news from next week on. Also for those who submitted LOIs does anyone they if only accept it on the portal or we also have to email them to let them know we uploaded something?

Makes sense. April WL movement last year started from the 10th so possibly some news from next week on. Also for those who submitted LOIs does anyone they if only accept it on the portal or we also have to email them to let them know we uploaded something?
I would do both to stay safe but I sent an update letter a few months ago and they said to add it to the portal so that’s the definitive place

• Care
Last year someone got off WL April 4 according to SDN, the first Tuesday after easter, but seems to be different this year.

Do they reject applicants or does it go to the alternate first?

Are the alternate batches given in sequential order of interview scheduling? anybody know?

What is NETID ? I just joined, trying to catch up.

Last edited:
did they give you a net ID. And has anyone who interviewed received an R or do they waitlist everyone??

Last year they sent AL’s on 04/03 then sent A’s from AL the following day I think. Maybe we’ll hear back tomorrow? 🙏

Last edited:
Do they send more AL notifications through April? And do they do post II Rs?