2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when do we think they will start accepting people off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
is the alternate list ranked?
From SUNY Downstate website:

"An unranked hold list is created for those not immediately accepted. In the spring, this list is further refined into a waitlist or alternate list based on committee scores, which is then used to fill vacancies in the class as accepted applicants withdraw throughout the spring and summer. Once the alternate list is established, letters of rejection are sent to unsuccessful applicants."

Reactions: 1 user
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 2.39.47 PM.png

Does anyone else's offer say for the 2022 entering class?

IS, Interviewed 9/20 . Placed on waitlist today.

^ Also said 2022 entering class
2/6 interview, OOS, placed on WL today

has anyone who interviewed in November or December been accepted?

has anyone who interviewed in November or December been accepted?
honestly it seemed from the admissions chat in January that anyone who interviewed December onwards was to expect a waitlist or R (or at least not expect an immediate A). I specifically noted them saying they won't be making A decisions on us and not expect anything until April through August.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
so is the alternate list, basically a deferred decision? are we guaranteed a spot on the waitlist & it would show up on the CYMS tool on AMCAS as a waitlist or could we get an email in the near future about a post II R prior to the typical waitlist movement in May

According to the last few years of sdn threads it seems they just AL literally everyone and then slowly accept people off. It does seem like there’s a lot of WL movement as people withdraw As for other schools, last year they said like 40% of the class is from the WL. WL movement will probably correlate with the CTE dates from cyms. They never seem to send postii Rs though

Reactions: 1 users
According to the last few years of sdn threads it seems they just AL literally everyone and then slowly accept people off. It does seem like there’s a lot of WL movement as people withdraw As for other schools, last year they said like 40% of the class is from the WL. WL movement will probably correlate with the CTE dates from cyms. They never seem to send postii Rs though
I wonder if the possible hospital closure may affect that percentage and waitlist movement though. Regardless it seems like just a waiting game for now until the semester starts

Reactions: 2 users
May 1, 2024-Aug 2, 2024
Alternates who are listed by AMCAS as "Commit to enroll with another school" will have their offer withdrawn by SUNY Downstate

So does this mean if you commit to enroll at any time to any other institution they are withdrawing your WL? Is this typically how WLs work?

Commit to enroll is different from plan to enroll. If you commit to enroll like thats your final school its set in stone. But if you plan to enroll it is different.

I got a rejection 2 months ago and still receiving email. The latest one today is a real winner!
“We understand that the outcome of your previous application can be disappointing, but we want to assure you that there are still plenty of opportunities for you to pursue your passion for helping others through Applied Behavior Analysis. We encourage you to consider applying to our program by clicking here and taking the next step towards a rewarding career in this field.”
Good luck to all!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I just basically got rejected again😂😂😂

“Dear Me

We hope this email finds you well. We wanted to reach out to you regarding your recent application to the College of Medicine. While we regret to inform you that you were not selected for admission to that program, we believe that you might be interested in exploring other opportunities in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).”

LEAVE ME ALONE DOWNSTATE!!!😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
seriously - i never got a rejection email but got this - " While we regret to inform you that you were not selected for admission to that program, we believe that you might be interested in exploring other opportunities in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)." happy to have other acceptances. I hope downstate burns in hell

• Haha
They're literally using their applicants' info as a marketing list... hellish

For anyone considering this school, I was just reading this Reddit post that mentions last year's SDN thread LOL:

• Wow
seriously - i never got a rejection email but got this - " While we regret to inform you that you were not selected for admission to that program, we believe that you might be interested in exploring other opportunities in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)." happy to have other acceptances. I hope downstate burns in hell
These emails are so gross. Scale of 1-10 how bad would it be to reply and ask to be removed from the listserv as I’ll be attending a different medical school in the fall

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
They're literally using their applicants' info as a marketing list... hellish

For anyone considering this school, I was just reading this Reddit post that mentions last year's SDN thread LOL:

Last year’s thread and ATSUs thread will keep you well fed for days

• Haha
These emails are so gross. Scale of 1-10 how bad would it be to reply and ask to be removed from the listserv as I’ll be attending a different medical school in the fall
I think that would be more than reasonable. Maybe a 1-2? I bet the admin assistants cringe sending these out.

What is the NetID used for? Waitlisted a couple days ago and haven't received that.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who interviewed in March hear back regarding a decision?

• Dislike
So everyone who got alternate listed received an email with a downstate email address and log in ID? I'm so confused rn

So everyone who got alternate listed received an email with a downstate email address and log in ID? I'm so confused rn
I think its just to complete pre-matriculation stuff incase you get off. I was confused too by that email

FWIW I got AL 3/18 and haven’t received a Net ID email—hope it means (poor delivery but) good news for those of you who have received it :)

“However, please note that you have not yet been fully accepted into the program of study you have applied for. At present, your application is placed on the alternate list”. I interviewed Dec so this may be sent to fall interviews? Idk anymore

“However, please note that you have not yet been fully accepted into the program of study you have applied for. At present, your application is placed on the alternate list”. I interviewed Dec so this may be sent to fall interviews? Idk anymore
Not “fully” accepted is such a bizarre way to state this hahah Sometimes I wonder if they just enjoy the mind games! I was also a Dec interview so 🤷‍♀️