You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was thinking more like 2 sentencesSo are you guys answering the what specialty Q in like 1-2 sentences or paragraphs
Candyi
Full Member
I am IS and still did not receive one 🙁Did everyone already receive their SUNY upstate secondary. Ik they came out on July 13th and now I’m starting to think I didn’t make the cut.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
dayum i thought they didn't start sending out until August (according to msar/previous year threads)II 07/19, complete 07/17, IS strong ties to Syracuse area. It started, good luck to everyone!
Also IS, specifically Upstate NY, stats well above median, got verified on AMCAS on 7/3. Really starting to worry about not having this secondary yetI am IS and still did not receive one 🙁
blandbacchus
Full Member
For the specialty question, I simply replied "Psychiatry." Not realizing that it is an essay question. I am actually freaking out and don't know what to do. I literally did not write anything but psychiatry. How screwed am I? Should I email the admissions and ask if I can fix the mistake?
cupcake311
Full Member
I emailed them and they said a very short response is fine so I'm sure you are fine. But of course, they emailed me back after I already submitted my lengthy response.For the specialty question, I simply replied "Psychiatry." Not realizing that it is an essay question. I am actually freaking out and don't know what to do. I literally did not write anything but psychiatry. How screwed am I? Should I email the admissions and ask if I can fix the mistake?
I'm pretty sure I answered this question in a similar way, you are fine 🙂For the specialty question, I simply replied "Psychiatry." Not realizing that it is an essay question. I am actually freaking out and don't know what to do. I literally did not write anything but psychiatry. How screwed am I? Should I email the admissions and ask if I can fix the mistake?
i'm oos but still haven't gotten oneHas anyone else IS still not received secondary? I have stats way higher than the median and have yet to get one
oatmilkplease
Full Member
any IA?IS still no secondary, I emailed yesterday and haven't heard anything back yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lmao I was too worried about that and kept putting in my 8-digit birthdate instead of 6.IS secondary received with IA! I have no trouble logging in, make sure you follow the instruction (I forgot put an A in front of my AMCAS ID the first time)
Salsasazon
Full Member
How many LOR did y'all submit? I am looking at the website but it does not say a min/max
oatmilkplease
Full Member
congrats!! stats? when were you complete?IS secondary received with IA! I have no trouble logging in, make sure you follow the instruction (I forgot put an A in front of my AMCAS ID the first time)
1800 characters for all of themfor all the other prompts can someone pleaseee specifiy the word/character counts (if any?)
Got a complete email today. Submitted secondary 7/14
+1Got a complete email today. Submitted secondary 7/14
Hexed
Full Member
You have to see if you qualify for state residency for NY. If yes, I’d imagine you indicate that on AMCAS when they ask for identifying information from you.I graduated from a NY high school 4 years ago but moved to another state a couple of years ago. Does anyone know if this makes me eligible to be considered "in-state" for application purposes?
+1 Go BillsGot a complete email today. Submitted secondary 7/14
Anyone know when IIs are typically sent out?
Someone got one that posted earlier, but I haven’t seen any others yetAnyone know when IIs are typically sent out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cemetaryFaIry7
Full Member
II 08/01 complete 07/25, IS
Congrats! Stats?II 08/01 complete 07/25, IS
cemetaryFaIry7
Full Member
520 MCAT 4.0 GPACongrats! Stats?
Additional questions for Rural Health application:
I. Why do you consider yourself suited for rural medical practice?
II. If you have lived in a rural community, please describe it and indicate how long you lived there.
III. Describe your understanding of an issue or challenge facing rural communities now or in the future.
IV. Describe any relevant medical encounters that either you or your family has experienced. How has this influenced your desire to practice rural medicine?
V. What are your future career goals?
I. Why do you consider yourself suited for rural medical practice?
II. If you have lived in a rural community, please describe it and indicate how long you lived there.
III. Describe your understanding of an issue or challenge facing rural communities now or in the future.
IV. Describe any relevant medical encounters that either you or your family has experienced. How has this influenced your desire to practice rural medicine?
V. What are your future career goals?
anyone received interview invite recently?
Hexed
Full Member
Most of the activity is historically second half of the month/into September. People getting ii's now probably have very strong ties to the school itself, just my guess.anyone received interview invite recently?
squid_swim13
Full Member
I just went to submit my secondary, the application payment popped up, I went to go back to see my app, then it glitched, my secondary was submitted and no application fee was payed. I got an email saying my application was submitted, tried to pay the fee, but my application is essentially closed and disappeared. What do I do? Is there a place I can do this, a place to track things?
squid_swim13
Full Member
Like that website confuses me so badly.
squid_swim13
Full Member
I do not have anything in the status!Should we see anything in the "Status" column in the requirements table? I see they received my LORs and supplemental application, but the status cells are empty.
Hexed
Full Member
The same happened to me yesterday LOL. The link to for secondary payments is actually also on their website: Application Fees | College of Health Professions | SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityI just went to submit my secondary, the application payment popped up, I went to go back to see my app, then it glitched, my secondary was submitted and no application fee was payed. I got an email saying my application was submitted, tried to pay the fee, but my application is essentially closed and disappeared. What do I do? Is there a place I can do this, a place to track things?
Hexed
Full Member
I just got another email saying I am complete, still don’t see anything in those cells so I think we’re fine.I do not have anything in the status!
IS II this morning at 4am
Congratulations, when were you complete and do you mind sharing your stats. ThanksIS II this morning at 4am
Sure
submitted 7/17, received complete email 7/26. I’m non-trad/reinvention/career changer with 2 grad degrees (one being an SMP). High MCAT, low undergrad GPACongratulations, when were you complete and do you mind sharing your stats. Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, good luck, I am sure I will see you on these pages and expect to hear you get an acceptance in a few months.Sure
submitted 7/17, received complete email 7/26. I’m non-trad/reinvention/career changer with 2 grad degrees (one being an SMP). High MCAT, low undergrad GPA
Instead of spamming every single school asking, please read… if you scrolled up, you’d see II this morning…II anyone?
Also, I'm not sure if anyone has had this experience. But I accidentally started the rural medicine application that I have no intention of submitting. Do I just not submit it? Thanks!
just looked at like 15 schools where they copied pasted the same thing **** had me dead 🤣Instead of spamming every single school asking, please read… if you scrolled up, you’d see II this morning…
II received today 4pm. Secondary submitted July 31st. App Complete Aug 1st. OOS with only a NY undergrad but I am a NJ resident.