You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Pre-II hold. Any info on if this is usually a rejection? Like has anyone gotten an R yet?
when we’re you guys complete?OOS Hold
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
OOS Hold
+1
7/25when we’re you guys complete?
purpleolions
Full Member
Is anyone still just complete and not on hold? I was marked complete on 7/26 and no communication since
IS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/26, Earliest interview date available in December.
purpleolions
Full Member
Were you on hold before this?IS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/26, Earliest interview date available in December.
Not that I’m aware of. I never received a “hold” email.Were you on hold before this?
purpleolions
Full Member
Oh okay I see, congratulations on receiving the interview, wishing you the best 🙂Not that I’m aware of. I never received a “hold” email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
boomchickapow
Full Member
pre-II hold, received last week!
thrownaway11
New Member
For those that interviewed, when did they say we would hear back with decisions?
They didn't specify, just said to expect it after October 15th.
They did mention that out of the 546 interviews they expect to give, 271 are still available.For those that interviewed, when did they say we would hear back with decisions?
Wait what? On msar it says they give out 775 interviews...
They said that they got 18% more applications this year so maybe they want to become more competitive. The assistant dean also said not to trust SDN or Reddit lmaoooWait what? On msar it says they give out 775 interviews...
They specified Oct 16th for us but they seemed not sureFor those that interviewed, when did they say we would hear back with decisions?
So they have more applications but also decreased the amount of interviews given out? Seems kinda wack tbh
butterfly03
Full Member
OOS II received today. ORM. No ties. RMS applicant. LM ~71-72. Complete 8/30. Earliest interview date is in January.
Last edited:
Hexed
Full Member
Incredibly disheartening to read as OOS, considering that last year they only interviewed 174 OOS.They didn't specify, just said to expect it after October 15th.
They did mention that out of the 546 interviews they expect to give, 271 are still available.
kayakh smith
Full Member
Where can you find this information? Could you please share the link? Thanks.Incredibly disheartening to read as OOS, considering that last year they only interviewed 174 OOS.
Hexed
Full Member
It’s on MSAR!Where can you find this information? Could you please share the link? Thanks.
D
deleted1167714
They're only giving 546 interviews? Last year on MSAR they gave 775 interviews (564 IS, 174 OOS, 37 international)They didn't specify, just said to expect it after October 15th.
They did mention that out of the 546 interviews they expect to give, 271 are still available.
purpleolions
Full Member
Do Canadian applicants count in the international category or OOS?
D
deleted1167714
Per SUNY Upstate's website, Canadian applicants count as international.Do Canadian applicants count in the international category or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Justchallenge4
Full Member
Is upstate a silent reject school? Been trying to find that information but haven’t. IS and have been complete since 8/10 but haven’t heard anything back from them
Candyi
Full Member
+1 received on hold today when is the latest to send update letter?what do you do if you've received a pre-II hold? should you send an update letter? when is too soon to do that?
purpleolions
Full Member
When were you complete?OOS hold on Friday as well.
It sure feels like a soft rejection based on the numbers people are talking about here.
Should I be worried if I am IS and still haven’t had gotten any hold or like any status updates yet? LM 71 (3.9x/Low 51x)
7/28 completeWhen were you complete?
hold 9/29
During my information session they said they were still very early in their cycle, so I wouldn’t worry too muchShould I be worried if I am IS and still haven’t had gotten any hold or like any status updates yet? LM 71 (3.9x/Low 51x)
Hexed
Full Member
Very early in their cycle but earliest interview date is in January + have apparently given out 50% of the IIs they plan to send out 😵💫😵💫.During my information session they said they were still very early in their cycle, so I wouldn’t worry too much
peter_lambda
Full Member
Yeah also got this email today...Got email from upstate today…~200 interview spots remain
Oh man…Anyone know how many in total upstate usually interviews and is that only referring to instate spots?Got email from upstate today…~200 interview spots remain
Did you already interview?Yeah also got this email today...
Hexed
Full Member
Last year it was 775 people (scroll up, someone broke it down).Oh man…Anyone know how many in total upstate usually interviews and is that only referring to instate spots?
But yea… I’m coping because Upstate is my first choice and both posters are IS, so part of me wants to believe that it’s not over for OOS and that they’re only telling IS applicants numbers.
I also didn’t receive that email so I wonder what the criteria was to get it (IS/OOS, hold vs not on hold, etc).
peter_lambda
Full Member
Next weekDid you already interview?
Yeah I'm really confused as well. I'm wondering if we should ask the admissions office directly to get a straight answer.Last year it was 775 people (scroll up, someone broke it down).
But yea… I’m coping because Upstate is my first choice and both posters are IS, so part of me wants to believe that it’s not over for OOS and that they’re only telling IS applicants numbers.
I also didn’t receive that email so I wonder what the criteria was to get it (IS/OOS, hold vs not on hold, etc).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The email just went to people who subscribed to the upstate listserv on their website, “Upstate Update” — I.e. not an email from admissions. Like if you completed the “send me more info” form. I’ve been getting these monthly newsletters since I filled the form out last year before applying. The 200 is definitely total interviews left, is and oos.
Stats if you don't mind sharing??IS II! Completed 08/30!