2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys do we think tomorrow is a wave of updates! Or is that too hopeful lol
teenager smile GIF by ola szmida
 
Do we have any idea how long on average it takes UVM to get back to the people they've interviewed? I'm assuming its around 4-6 weeks like every other school, but wasn't sure if they tend to be quick or not.
 
Do we have any idea how long on average it takes UVM to get back to the people they've interviewed? I'm assuming its around 4-6 weeks like every other school, but wasn't sure if they tend to be quick or not.
I heard back around 12-14 weeks after my interview, I think UVM is pretty slow unfortunately
 
Thanks! Eh in some ways it's reassuring they're giving everyone's apps the proper attention. However, it is getting to that point in the cycle where my neuroticism wants to take over so we'll see how I feel in a few weeks lol.
 
Thanks! Eh in some ways it's reassuring they're giving everyone's apps the proper attention. However, it is getting to that point in the cycle where my neuroticism wants to take over so we'll see how I feel in a few weeks lol.
Things may have sped up a bit, I haven't heard back yet but interviewed mid-January and was told we would get answers either last week of Feb or first week of March. Obviously time will tell if they hold to that timeline, but I have to imagine they are slowly starting to wrap things up.
 
Do we have any idea how long on average it takes UVM to get back to the people they've interviewed? I'm assuming its around 4-6 weeks like every other school, but wasn't sure if they tend to be quick or not.
Definitely do not assume 4-6 weeks. I heard back (DD) 3 months after interviewing. That being said I have no idea if they plan to speed up that timeline as we get closer to spring. Good luck!
 
Thanks for all the responses haha. They told us late March/sometime in April, but I was curious to see if they tended to be quick or slow. Preparing myself for a super long wait lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’d be grateful to have 6 MD interviews and a DO acceptance in hand.

Could be wrong but think everyone still on DD is moved to W at the end of April.

Definitely happy with the way things have gone so far! Vermont is definitely a top 3 school for me though so holding out hope!
 
For those of you who sent update letters or letters of continued interest, did you email them to admissions or did you upload them to the portal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol i'm jk (unless...?) I probably got my ration of student Q&A emails. Interviewed on 12/13 (the forgotten date)

Oh I mean if you've already received them I definitely wouldn't worry. I literally interviewed last week lol so this is just the first chance I've ever had to attend one.
 
Regarding that financial aid email… does anyone know when FAFSA is actually releasing our info to schools? I can’t seem to find a straightforward answer for the new one
 
Regarding that financial aid email… does anyone know when FAFSA is actually releasing our info to schools? I can’t seem to find a straightforward answer for the new one
I got an update from the department of education that they would start sending FAFSA information to schools by mid March. It was originally supposed to be January but delayed with the new changes
 
Okay 12/13 interviewers....ummm..... what the heck lol.......

Its been nearly 3 months since we interviewed, and no one has received an email?.... like not even DD?

There were people who interviewed in around mid January that figured out before us....

Should I call Friday this week if we haven't hear back?

Like..... did they forget our date?......
 
Okay 12/13 interviewers....ummm..... what the heck lol.......

Its been nearly 3 months since we interviewed, and no one has received an email?.... like not even DD?

There were people who interviewed in around mid January that figured out before us....

Should I call Friday this week if we haven't hear back?

Like..... did they forget our date?......
i'm hoping we hear back this thursday/friday :'(
 
Okay 12/13 interviewers....ummm..... what the heck lol.......

Its been nearly 3 months since we interviewed, and no one has received an email?.... like not even DD?

There were people who interviewed in around mid January that figured out before us....

Should I call Friday this week if we haven't hear back?

Like..... did they forget our date?......
I was also thinking this, but giving it til the end of this week until reaching out
 
Regarding that financial aid email… does anyone know when FAFSA is actually releasing our info to schools? I can’t seem to find a straightforward answer for the new one
I got an update from the department of education that they would start sending FAFSA information to schools by mid March. It was originally supposed to be January but delayed with the new changes
I've had adcoms at two schools I was interviewed or accepted at now say that they think it is likely that FAFSA release will be delayed again. They were pretty wishy washy about whether they will even be able to get fin aid packages out by the PTE deadline, which is terrifying. I was assured by both that the fin aid department already has a plan in place to work substantial overtime to try and make it happen, but they can't make any promises.
 
I talked to someone I know who has been admitted to another MD school, and she said that her premed advisor told her that the strikedown of affirmative action had upended a lot of the adcoms processes this year. I don't know how true that is, it seems Vermont took equally as long last year.
 
I was also thinking this, but giving it til the end of this week until reaching out
I reached out asking a question about FAFSA and also asked about my app, and admissions said the committee had already reviewed my application and that I would hear back in march or early april. So I think 12/13 will be in the next wave
 
I reached out asking a question about FAFSA and also asked about my app, and admissions said the committee had already reviewed my application and that I would hear back in march or early april. So I think 12/13 will be in the next wave
Why would they wait potentially until April when they already know our decisions?!? 😭😭😭I just want to get in somewhere
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad