Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking about an adversity essay for this, yes. Should this be a non-academic essay though or can we talk about overcoming academic struggles?Are you guys using question 2 as an adversity essay?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm thinking about an adversity essay for this, yes. Should this be a non-academic essay though or can we talk about overcoming academic struggles?Are you guys using question 2 as an adversity essay?
4. Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.
Do you think this includes poor MCAT subscore? 124 CARS...
No because its not a grade lol4. Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.
Do you think this includes poor MCAT subscore? 124 CARS...
so it begins 😭 they do this every year apparentlySomeone reported a post-secondary rejection on reddit...
It sucks for sure, but at the same time, you have to respect VCU for not stringing us applicants along.Someone reported a post-secondary rejection on reddit...
They could've just screened him before Lol. He said he had minimal clinical (250) and they insta rejected him after getting the money from his secondaries.It sucks for sure, but at the same time, you have to respect VCU for not stringing us applicants along.
Same CARS score here lol and was wondering the same. I was personally thinking to include it briefly. It kind of like a poor grade.4. Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.
Do you think this includes poor MCAT subscore? 124 CARS...
Is that only for residents?Is anyone else having trouble uploading the residency file tho? Mine says page complete but when I click on view file it says no document found
What Residency file?Is anyone else having trouble uploading the residency file tho? Mine says page complete but when I click on view file it says no document found
Theres a page called residencyWhat Residency file?
Idts it's asking for PR or passportIs that only for residents?
I would not, unless your overall MCAT is also much below their median or mean. Subsection score unevenness won't be an issue if the overall score is within their range or above a 510ish. The point is to not shine light onto details that didn't need to be illuminated.Same CARS score here lol and was wondering the same. I was personally thinking to include it briefly. It kind of like a poor grade.
Where is this page? I can't see it, unless I'm missing itTheres a page called residency
Thanks that is a good pointI would not, unless your overall MCAT is also much below their median or mean. Subsection score unevenness won't be an issue if the overall score is within their range or above a 510ish. The point is to not shine light onto details that didn't need to be illuminated.
It means if you took a semester or more away from your college degree & whyFor the "lapses in undergraduate education" question, should I be writing about the class I dropped?? (For reference it was a 1-hour credit biochem lab that I retook later)
whaat?! when did you submit?Just got a rejection email post-secondary. Best of luck friends 🤝🏽
The 5thwhaat?! when did you submit?
Ugh, I'm sorry, this process is so rough. Did it say "under review" before?The 5th
same🤧Just got a rejection email post-secondary. Best of luck friends 🤝🏽
bro what.....Do you guys have any idea why you think you got one so early? I submitted the 5th as well and I'm currently ****ting my pants.The 5th
It's all good, was a bit of a reach school tbh. The last email before the R was the "Application complete" email.Ugh, I'm sorry, this process is so rough. Did it say "under review" before?
Hmm, maybe they're screening the lower MCATs out cause mine isn't that great because of my cars score lol.bro what.....Do you guys have any idea why you think you got one so early? I submitted the 5th as well and I'm currently ****ting my pants.
If I may ask, when did you become complete?Just got rejected rn as well - good luck everyone.
ofc - i submitted the secondary on 7/6If I may ask, when did you become complete?
fwiw my MCAT is > 515Hmm, maybe they're screening the lower MCATs out cause mine isn't that great because of my cars score lol.
I'm next with the 124 CARS 👀Hmm, maybe they're screening the lower MCATs out cause mine isn't that great because of my cars score lol.
Haha, I doubt it, 124 is usually right at the screen limit if it exists for the school. You should be fine tbhI'm next with the 124 CARS 👀
I'm sorry OP. I guess you never know what each school is looking for. Are you a VA resident? If not, did you apply to your state MD schools and other lower tier MD? Best of luck to you! As a fellow applicant with a 515 MCAT, I'm rooting for you!fwiw my MCAT is > 515
Thank you for the well wishes, I'm rooting for you as well! I'm OOS with no ties - however based on the MSAR data thought it would be a reasonable app.I'm sorry OP. I guess you never know what each school is looking for. Are you a VA resident? If not, did you apply to your state MD schools and other lower tier MD? Best of luck to you! As a fellow applicant with a 515 MCAT, I'm rooting for you!
im sorry smokey bear 🙁 when were you complete?IS rejection recieved at 9 pm, as @firstfundamentalform said I wish the rest of you all good luck!
I appreciate it and 07/06im sorry smokey bear 🙁 when were you complete?
IS rejection recieved at 9 pm, as @firstfundamentalform said I wish the rest of you all good luck!
idk but I had 4Q and got the R alreadyI wonder if they're using CASPer scores to send rejections so early.
Ugh that's frustrating, sending you positive vibes for an A elsewhere! Were you marked as "under review" before you got the email?Also just got the post-secondary R. OOS with light ties (spouse grew up there until they were 14), LM 75. Clinical experience is 400 hours at residential treatment center + 20hrs hospice volunteering, that might have been what they wanted more of? Idk. Best of luck to everyone!
Ugh that's frustrating, sending you positive vibes for an A elsewhere! Were you marked as "under review" before you got the email?
I believe we do not have to show proof until accepted for tuition purposes, they just go off the state on your AMCAS. Correct me if I'm wrong thoughQuick question y'all - do we need to verify in-state status somehow? I've been seeing messages about a residency page but that doesn't show for me. I'm VA in-state but haven't lived there for a while.
yes they dodo they require casper? can anyone confirm?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.