2023-2024 Virginia Commonwealth

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone who has interviewed here have any tips regarding the MMI format? Are the interviewers relaxed? I remember reading somewhere it's like 14 minutes for the initial tell me about yourself and stuff station and then 4 minutes for every other station, is this true?
If you check the email confirmation, it details the MMI format
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have there been any acceptences?
For VCU specifically from their website: "Early Decision applicants will be notified of the admissions decision by October 1. The first Regular MD acceptance notices will be released on October 16 in accordance with AAMC traffic rules. Offer dates are October 16, December 16, February 1 and March 1."
 
For those who interviewed already, did you guys send thank you notes? It’s hard to get interviewers’ information from only their initials.
 
Well we (those who submitted before maintenance) didn't technically submit on this new portal so hopefully they didn't totally screw this up
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current M1 here. As far as I know, it is blinded for all MMI stations. Shouldn't make a difference for the way you approach this MMI.
Thanks for popping in, I was more of wondering for the initial 12 minute interview which I am assuming is a traditional style?
 
Thanks for popping in, I was more of wondering for the initial 12 minute interview which I am assuming is a traditional style?
Yup. It is basically an abbreviated traditional interview but I believe the interviewer is still completely blinded. When in doubt, assume they are blinded and go from there. Better to explain yourself than to assume they know things about you.
 
Yup. It is basically an abbreviated traditional interview but I believe the interviewer is still completely blinded. When in doubt, assume they are blinded and go from there. Better to explain yourself than to assume they know things about you.
Appreciate ya 🙂
 
Has anyone heard anything from admissions after an interview the week of 8/21? I thought they met the following Monday to decide and either sent a hold or R that day
 
Has anyone heard anything from admissions after an interview the week of 8/21? I thought they met the following Monday to decide and either sent a hold or R that day
per AAMC traffic rules, the first round of decisions will be released on 10/16. You may get a notification then or just before about a hold. That just means they've met to discuss about you and they may decide to accept you on 10/16 or they may delay it until subsequent decision release dates or if they pass on you until the last release date, they will put you on the waitlist. All of this is assuming you don't get an R after the interview. I believe there's one in Nov, January, and March.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email saying my application has been put on hold... anyone have any idea of what that means?

Your file has been evaluated, and while it hasn't been rejected, a final decision can not be communicated due to AAMC policies. Please wait until October 17th to check for an acceptance. If you don't receive one, your file will remain on hold until the next decision dates in December, February, and March.
 
Your file has been evaluated, and while it hasn't been rejected, a final decision can not be communicated due to AAMC policies. Please wait until October 17th to check for an acceptance. If you don't receive one, your file will remain on hold until the next decision dates in December, February, and March.
Just to confirm, that means we weren't rejected and will either be put on hold or accepted on one of those dates?
 
Does anyone know how the decisions are ultimately made after interview day? Is it solely based on your interview, or do they take both your interview + primary/secondary application into account?
 
Does anyone know how the decisions are ultimately made after interview day? Is it solely based on your interview, or do they take both your interview + primary/secondary application into account?
1694653987054.png

Pretty holistic it looks like.
 
does anyone know if this hold is something they send to most people before an acceptance? or do many people go from radio silence to acceptance?
 
does anyone know if this hold is something they send to most people before an acceptance? or do many people go from radio silence to acceptance?
It's sent to the vast majority of interviewees (basically if you aren't rejected) since they meet every Monday but only release decisions on specific dates.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m in the same boat. I think it means there’s nothing left for you to do, but they haven’t gotten to look at our applications yet…. It’s still pretty early on in the cycle. Unless you applied ED probably nothing to worry about rn. Someone else can correct me if this is wrong tho.