2023-2024 Wayne State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For anyone interviewing tomorrow, have you received the pre-interview welcome session link? I haven't received anything yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder though if it may take less time, since IIs were sent out so late. On last year's thread, those who interviewed August-September heard back on Monday after the weekend of October 15. But these recent interviews going on for the past 2 weeks are basically the first interviews of the regular decision cycle, is it possible to hear back earlier since there is no 'backlog' of interviews and applications to go over before giving a final decision?
 
Does anyone know when are likely to hear back from them after an interview?
Today I interviewed for MD/PhD, and they mentioned in passing that the MD program is required to respond within 4 weeks or 30 days after interviewing, something like that, whether if it’s just with a hold or A/R. Could be wrong, but that’s what the associate dean for research and graduate programs said today.
 
It looks like the tracker was updated today, and it says there have been 25 admission offers. The ED tracker notes 10 acceptances. Does anyone know what this discrepancy of 15 offers reflects? Are people able to be offered admission for RD already?
 
It looks like the tracker was updated today, and it says there have been 25 admission offers. The ED tracker notes 10 acceptances. Does anyone know what this discrepancy of 15 offers reflects? Are people able to be offered admission for RD already?
The EDP page was for last year's cycle, not this year's (they update it at the end of each cycle). Imo this means that 25 people were accepted EDP, since RD decisions shouldn't have started yet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get a repeat interview invitation? I got sent another one an hour ago but I've had my interview scheduled for a couple weeks..
 
Did anyone else get a repeat interview invitation? I got sent another one an hour ago but I've had my interview scheduled for a couple weeks..
People getting repeats while I'm out here waiting for one 😭

season 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody here have MSAR? Could you please DM, I have a question I’d like to check regarding this school’s OOS numbers.
 
Hey! Literally received my secondary on Monday and submitted right away since I did some pre-writing. I'm Canadian so I was wondering if anyone knows how the screening works? Don't want to be overly excited that I received one quick.
 
Hey! Literally received my secondary on Monday and submitted right away since I did some pre-writing. I'm Canadian so I was wondering if anyone knows how the screening works? Don't want to be overly excited that I received one quick.
Hey I am not Canadian but I do not think there is a screening? I got the complete status like right away after submission of secondaries/letters.
 
Hey I am not Canadian but I do not think there is a screening? I got the complete status like right away after submission of secondaries/letters.
Oh I should have been clearer, but I mean screening in whether someone would receive a secondary lol. Or did everyone who applied get one? Just trying to ballpark if I'm in a good position or not ...
 
Oh I should have been clearer, but I mean screening in whether someone would receive a secondary lol. Or did everyone who applied get one? Just trying to ballpark if I'm in a good position or not ...
Oh my bad and according to MSAR they do a preliminary screening. They are also relatively friendly to international students from what I've gathered so I would stay optimistic and take that as a good sign!
 
According to the admission tracker Monday they had almost 1000 interviews left to give. I can't imagine they gave out that many yesterday. Plus, I've heard they're behind this year so we're still early in it.
Where do you access the admission tracker? Is it on the secondary portal?
 
Where do you access the admission tracker? Is it on the secondary portal?

just scroll down and youll see the tracker
 
Is the interview a group interview (ie multiple applicants in the call)? Not sure what to expect lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad