You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Western Michigan (Stryker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I agree, everyone withdraw your applications here ASAP!!! I definitely will too... 😗Hello everyone,
I wanted to share some insights about this school for prospective applicants. While the school offers a warm and supportive environment, it's essential to be aware of the evolving landscape of medical education, especially since the step has transitioned to pass/fail. Residency selection now places high emphasis on research and school tier. Unfortunately, this school might not provide the necessary research opportunities to match competitive specialties or top programs in non-competitive specialties. Unlike schools attached to university hospitals, where publishing and networking are more accessible, many students here face challenges in getting involved in research projects, let alone getting published.
If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
aightmanokay
Full Member
Just got an email from their director of admissions telling me I haven't submitted the secondary yet. Can't tell if they want me or if they want my $$
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too. I'm going to submit it tomorrow, but the diversity essay had been throwing me off.Just got an email from their director of admissions telling me I haven't submitted the secondary yet. Can't tell if they want me or if they want my $$
completed 7/19 and still waitingAnyone else who completed 07/19 or prior still waiting for experience review email..?
I got an email confirming my application was complete after I submitted the online assessmentanyone know if we are supposed to get any confirmation email once we finished the online assessment portion of the secondary app? I completed it earlier today but the portal has not marked it complete yet. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else as well
sneakerhead6880
New Member
+1, was wondering the same thingDoes anyone know if there's actually a difference between being in the experiences review stage vs being in consideration for a phone interview?
what is the experiences review? reviewing secondaries?Got "experiences review" email today at roughly 10am
I'm not 100% sure, but their website says something about select candidates move into that stage... my guess is that they have some sort of screening and then those people get their applications more thoroughly reviewed. I have no idea how selective it is or what determines if you get itwhat is the experiences review? reviewing secondaries?
OOS phone II just now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what percent of phone II turn into actual IIs ?
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
I was able to find some info from 2022: approximately 800 phone interviews out of ~4000 applications, and then 450 IIs from the phone interviewsDoes anyone know what percent of phone II turn into actual IIs ?
FWIW the WMed website says they will be doing approximately 450 interviews again this year
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
Same! Phone II about an hour ago, app complete 7/27. OOS and no tiesIS phone II received right now!!!! Submitted 7/28
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
App complete 7/27, Experience Review started 7/31 and complete 8/6For those who got the Phone II, when did you guys get the experience review email?
7/17 began review, 7/21 completed experience review.For those who got the Phone II, when did you guys get the experience review email?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
+1OOS phone II just now
D
deleted1145751
Should I assume a soft reject if I haven't seen a secondary yet?
Hexed
Full Member
They screen with 499 MCAT and 3.0 gpa cutoffs, so if you meet both you should call them.Should I assume a soft reject if I haven't seen a secondary yet?
D
deleted1167714
Are we not able to access the online assessment until we submit the secondary?
burreanbito
Full Member
Yep. They'll send you the assessment link up to 48 hrs after you submit your secondary.Are we not able to access the online assessment until we submit the secondary?
D
deleted1167714
Did anyone get a payment confirmation/receipt email? I didn't.
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
Seems like it's been taking about 2 days to show completeHow long until completion of the test is reflected in the secondary portal? I completed it yesterday but it has yet to be reflected on my portal as complete.
D
deleted1167714
How long did it take you guys to receive the assessment after submitting the secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybesomeday
Full Member
is it to early to assume rejection if no phone interview invite? (my stats were much below the median mcat)
I don't think we need to worry yet, it's early augustis it to early to assume rejection if no phone interview invite? (my stats were much below the median mcat)
mine took a little over 24 hoursHow long did it take you guys to receive the assessment after submitting the secondary?
D
deleted1167714
How long did it take you guys to receive an "application complete" email after completing the online assessment?
D
deleted1167714
When checking the application status, does anyone else's online assessment show that it was completed on a different day that when you actually took it? Like my completion date for the assessment seems to be the date that I received confirmation from WMed that my app was now complete.
just received the "under consideration for a phone interview" email
🤣 at least it means you are moving forward in their processAnyone else enjoy doing their online assessment? 😹
Received "experiences review" email today. Submitted secondary on 07/19 with decent ties to Western Michigan
How long after the experiences review does it usually take to get a decision
Also I know they're private but any preference for IS students by any chance?
D
deleted1167714
How long did it take you guys to go from complete to "under experiences review"?
futuredochow
Full Member
IS phone ll just now 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8 daysHow long did it take you guys to go from complete to "under experiences review"?
Mine took 27 days so I’m curious which applications they prioritizeHow long did it take you guys to go from complete to "under experiences review"?
irishdoc28
Full Member
OOS phone II received
Is this a stat heavy school