2023-2024 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Virtual II Received!! Phone II completed 8/25

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the IIs! Has anyone who had their phone interview after 8/25 gotten a virtual II?

Phone interview invite received today, OOS Got the experiences review end of July and under consideration early august

Last edited:
Hi there, I just got an invite to do a phone interview but I am out of the country and do not have international calls on my phone, what can I do? Can I ask them to call me through a wifi call like Whatsapp? Also, can anyone PM advice about the phone interview? This is my first interview for anything med related and I am nervous.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there, I just got an invite to do a phone interview but I am out of the country and do not have international calls on my phone, what can I do? Can I ask them to call me through a wifi call like Whatsapp? Also, can anyone PM advice about the phone interview? This is my first interview for anything med related and I am nervous.
Will you be back in the US soon? Ask for a later date

Will you be back in the US soon? Ask for a later date
I'm gone for exactly a month as of yesterday :( I think I might be able to buy international service for a day, I'm currently looking into that route! Because the latest date it showed was Sept 28 and I'll be back Oct 5, which I fear would lessen my odds at getting a II.

Okay I got the "experiences under review" email yesterday, "under consideration for a phone interview" today, how long do people wait til they might get the phone interview invite? Does everyone get a phone interview after they review the secondary?

Okay I got the "experiences under review" email yesterday, "under consideration for a phone interview" today, how long do people wait til they might get the phone interview invite? Does everyone get a phone interview after they review the secondary?
i got the phone interview a week after under consideration, i don't think everyone moves to this stage

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the under consideration email on July 30th and am still waiting for a phone interview, but I think what someone else said is right that not everyone gets to the under consideration phase.

Reactions: 2 users
I got the under consideration email on July 30th and am still waiting for a phone interview, but I think what someone else said is right that not everyone gets to the under consideration phase.
I hope you get the phone interview!!

Reactions: 1 users
Same

Can anyone who did the phone interview already PM me some advice? Never had a phone interview so have no idea what to expect tmrw

that phone interview was bizarre lol. when people say you cant prepare, they are right LOL

Reactions: 5 users
Phone II received just now. Could y'all elaborate on what made it so weird if you don't mind or send me a PM? I've never done a phone interview like this

+1 OOS Phone interview this morning, under review email sent 8/31, completed secondary 7/25 & online assessment 8/2

OOS Virtual II today (LM 71, Phone II 8/17)

Edit: The earliest interview date is Oct 13 for me

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email that WMU will be sending out the next batch of II's in mid-October

Phone interview completed 9/13

Just got an email that WMU will be sending out the next batch of II's in mid-October

Phone interview completed 9/13
Did specify if it was just virtual interviews, or phone interviews as well?

Did specify if it was just virtual interviews, or phone interviews as well?
Referenced virtual IIs specifically saying their current interview days are "just about full," which is why they are waiting until mid-October. Also said they plan on sending out roughly 450 more IIs, which I took to mean virtual IIs.

Nothing about phone interviews.

Referenced virtual IIs specifically saying their current interview days are "just about full," which is why they are waiting until mid-October. Also said they plan on sending out roughly 450 more IIs, which I took to mean virtual IIs.

Great, thank you for the information!

With the 450 more IIs number, I think those are in reference to phone interviews because they send out around 800 phone interviews total and roughly 450 TOTAL virtual II's (per their website/emails). If their current interview days are full, then I would think they've already extended a decent amount of virtual II's (lower than 450 now), if that makes sense. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of that.

With the 450 more IIs number, I think those are in reference to phone interviews because they send out around 800 phone interviews total and roughly 450 TOTAL virtual II's (per their website/emails). If their current interview days are full, then I would think they've already extended a decent amount of virtual II's (lower than 450 now), if that makes sense. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of that.
I would be surprised if it was 450 more phone II’s because they sent an email just a few weeks ago saying they sent out 200 phone interviews, and that was 20% of the phone interview invites that they had planned. I don’t think they sent 350 phone II’s in a couple weeks when they sent 200 in all of August. But this is also just my speculation. I am also under consideration for a phone interview and didn’t receive this new email, so I would think they only sent this one to people who have done the phone interview to let them know there are many more virtual interview invites to be given out.

My app moved into the "experiences review" stage today. Full app completed 8/17. OOS, no ties, LM 71.
My app just finished “experiences review” and is now “under consideration for phone interview”

The email cited that they currently have 3 of their planned 16 interview days full, so I would assume that the majority of their virtual IIs are still up for grabs. Sounds like they may be interviewing more applicants this cycle than in past ones.

Submitted 7/25, experience review 9/18, under consideration for phone ii 9/27. How often do people make it to the phone ii stage?

Submitted 7/25, experience review 9/18, under consideration for phone ii 9/27. How often do people make it to the phone ii stage?
The “under consideration for a phone ii” discussion is honestly very misleading; EVERYONE that has had their experiences reviewed by WMed reaches that stage, but only ~800 get the phone ii. The way it’s talked about here, it’s as if it’s a distinct status from being fully reviewed (at least, that’s how I saw it until today when I received the “completed review” email).

Last edited:
Just received phone II! Was “under consideration” for the phone interview on 9/25

The “under consideration for a phone ii” discussion is honestly very misleading; EVERYONE that has had their experiences reviewed by WMed reaches that stage, but only ~800 get the phone ii. The way it’s talked about here, it’s as if it’s a distinct status from being fully reviewed (at least, that’s how I saw it until today when I received the “completed review” email).
Haha that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for clearing it up for me!

Got a phone II today after almost a two month wait!

The email subject line combined with the first few lines 100% had me thinking I was getting an R 😅

Got a phone II today after almost a two month wait!

The email subject line combined with the first few lines 100% had me thinking I was getting an R 😅
Congrats! I’ve been waiting two months so this gave me some hope

For anyone who has had the phone interview, is it an actual phone call or video chat?

Virtual interview completed today, the faculty and students at WMed are awesome and made it a relaxing experience. Good luck to everyone who interviewed today or is still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users